AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup

I actually think that the longer this takes the worse it is for Ireland. If he was bringing him back I feel that it would've been announced by now.

GM is your highest ranking official behind the owner in direct management of you entire team. If Ireland gone, I sure would hope he would take some time.

Your messin with the QB if you change the whole thing. I am pretty sure thats what Marino is thinking. Get Ireland out, Sherman a liability to his QB.

If your QB isn't good enough to adapt to a new system then he's not good enough.

You don't stop yourself from getting a new, better coaching staff just cause you're worried it'll affect your young QB. In my opinion.

The fact that Ross was convinced we would make the playoffs at 9-7 and therefore didn't plan ahead or consider having to hire a new GM and HC at the end of the season makes me a little sick, ngl. You always look at both sides of the coin. You always hope for the best but prepare for the worst. His incompetence as an owner has hurt this team before, but he has a chance to make it right this offseason. I hope he makes the right decisions, but I'm not so sure he will.
Ross is not going to make the decision, he already has a trust committee and they are having private sessions til Thursday, Ross will only announce the changes.

Ross is not going to make the decision, he already has a trust committee and they are having private sessions til Thursday, Ross will only announce the changes.

So Ross has no say in it?

I disagree man. I just dont understand somes thinking honestly. If your car's starter goes bad,you dont replace the "entire" motor ! Fix whats broke and need's to be relaced,keep whats good. 2 years isnt a fair assesment for Philbin especially with the crap Ireland has given him with that line ! We are beginning to be like the Browns,give a coach less than a year and fire him,unreal ! I honestly think the Browns played some descent games under Chud,not saying he would have made it or not,but less than a year,come on,unreal.

Thats what Miami will be doing,you have to give a coach at least 3-4 years and hopefully you start to get some stability and move forward. Philbin needs another year at least,some new players on the line,and maybe even a back,and some more secondary help,then see what he does,but with the crap we have at the line,no one should be judged by the crap Ireland has left there,and I think Philbin will be back for another year and will be happy,and hope he succeeds and we get some stabilty within the organization again

It sounds like you're saying Philbin deserves the opportunity to coach the perfectly-built team. New offensive line, a new running back, more help in the secondary, etc. etc. etc. Realistically, coaches don't have the opportunity to coach the perfect team. Coaches are supposed to gameplan around weaknesses, not to expose the team's weaknesses. No team is perfect. The Seattle Seahawks don't have a great WR corps. They still score points. Rex Ryan made it to the AFC Championship twice with Mark Sanchez at QB. Green Bay had some terrible, terrible offensive line play in recent years. They've still made the playoffs and contended. The 49ers WRs have left a lot to be desired over the past few seasons. Hasn't stopped them from winning. No need to even get into the weaknesses that Belichick has overcome recently. The Broncos defense was pretty weak most of this season. I could go on and on. Good coaches find ways to hide their weaknesses or overcome them. They don't get to continue in mediocrity until someone builds an unbeatable roster for them.

The fact that Ross was convinced we would make the playoffs at 9-7 and therefore didn't plan ahead or consider having to hire a new GM and HC at the end of the season makes me a little sick, ngl. You always look at both sides of the coin. You always hope for the best but prepare for the worst. His incompetence as an owner has hurt this team before, but he has a chance to make it right this offseason. I hope he makes the right decisions, but I'm not so sure he will.

Hmmm......I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here to Ross. I feel pretty confident that someone who has had the level of success he has had in business, knows what to consider and not to consider. But perhaps, the problem causing Ross's bewilderment with this situation isn't him not considering we could lose, but it was HOW we lost that likely has him rethinking everything.

No Playoffs again...

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

With Joe at the Helm, we are going Nowhere. Just like now. Sitting home in January...And if Ireland is retained for 2014 pick a new team

My thought is it's either a clean sweep or keep them all! If we try and go the route of half rebuild it won't work and we will end up doing it all over again.

Ireland must go. If Steve Ross truly believes that Joe Philbin is a good coach and should stay, then okay, I can live with that. If this is a case where Ross honest to goodness believes Philbin is a good coach and there are things going on behind the scenes that lead him to make that conclusion, then so be it. I don't believe Philbin is the right coach, but I have seen some good things from Joe.

Jeff Ireland on the other hand, has bungled personnel for this franchise for SIX YEARS IN A ROW. He must be fired immediately.

The simple solution seems to me, if Ross is really searching for a way to keep Philbin, is to fire Jeff and promote Brian Gaine. We do not know what Brian Gaine's philosophies are, how good he would be as a decision maker, or how his tenure would differ from Jeff Ireland's. There is absolutely no reason to assume that just because he is Ireland's subordinate, he would do everything the same way that Jeff does. In fact, I know for a fact that Brian Gaine has significantly better people skills than Jeff and would at the very least be a HUGE improvement in that area.

Hmmm......I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here to Ross. I feel pretty confident that someone who has had the level of success he has had in business, knows what to consider and not to consider. But perhaps, the problem causing Ross's bewilderment with this situation isn't him not considering we could lose, but it was HOW we lost that likely has him rethinking everything.

At this point it's all speculation. Maybe he does have a plan in place. Maybe he did consider the possibility of having to make some big changes inside the organization at the end of the season. Maybe as you said, he felt pretty good about Philbin and co. and thought that, even at 8-8, he would keep them, but now changed his mind due to the horrible game we had on Sunday. The point is, this is a pretty important decision for him, to keep Philbin and simply get a new OC, or to fire everyone. Ireland HAS to go, no matter what, but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to keep him as well.

In my mind the way this team collapsed in the final two weeks of the season is enough to let Coach Philbin go, but Ross seems to like him, so we'll see what he decides. Hopefully we get some news on this situation by the end of the week.

I can't believe he's having to think about what to do. He should know this team is going nowhere if he keeps the same people in charge. You can't wait too long to do it either. There're 6 other teams in need of a HC and you want your new GM and coaching staff watching all these bowl games too. You don't want to start getting ready for free agency in feb while everyone else is making plans now. Same thing with the draft. If Ross's going to clean house like he should, he needs to move on it quick.

Ozzy rules!!

He's probably talking to his advisors and asking former HC if they would like to run this franchise, before he does anything. Like the Harbaugh debacle only he's keeping it under wraps to not look like a tard this time.

He's probably talking to his advisors and asking former HC if they would like to run this franchise, before he does anything. Like the Harbaugh debacle only he's keeping it under wraps to not look like a tard this time.

I'm pretty sure he looks like a tard no matter what

I can't believe he's having to think about what to do. He should know this team is going nowhere if he keeps the same people in charge. You can't wait too long to do it either. There're 6 other teams in need of a HC and you want your new GM and coaching staff watching all these bowl games too. You don't want to start getting ready for free agency in feb while everyone else is making plans now. Same thing with the draft. If Ross's going to clean house like he should, he needs to move on it quick.

Ozzy rules!!

yep, and we could trade Ryan Tannehill to the Houston Texans for the 2nd round pick. lauren going back to Texas!!! awesome!

Back
Top Bottom