AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup

Maybe. I have another theory... I have a close friend who is a very good businessman. He started flipping houses a few years ago and has built that into a company that is now building developments. He knows exactly what he wants to do and where he's headed. But he has one flaw (for lack of a better word) in that he never considers the possibility that something might not go his way. He only sees the best possible outcomes in his mind and becomes absolutely perplexed if things don't go the way he envisioned. I think Ross might fall into that category. He doesn't know what to do now because he never considered we could wind up here.

You could be right but I am seeing things a different way. Assume Ross wants to build a high rise apartment in the middle of a residential neighborhood of two story houses. The residents rise up to oppose what he is planning to do. So Ross changes his proposal to add some landscaping and the construction of a park to his high rise project. The majority of the residents still oppose building the high rise, but some are swayed by the changes. The question becomes whether enough people are swayed to allow Ross to build his building.

I think this story is a deliberate plant by Ross's PR people to see if adding a park to the proposal (firing Sherman) will change enough minds so that he can still build his building (which is to not fire Ireland or Philbin). He'll fire them to save his bottom line, but only as a last resort.

I dont post alot,just dont have time,but as Ive said before,I am a Longtime Dolphin fan,since 1970 and the loss to the Cowboys in the SB, to undefeated and back to back SB wins,Marino,and all the rest.

One thing I believe in is stability and I have tried to give Ireland a chance,but he has let to many top players go,that go elsewhere and PROVE they were good players,from way back to Welker,last year Reggie Bush and the list in between ! Its amazing the players we let go that are excelling somewhere else. And I said 4 years ago the o-line had to be fixed,and in 4 years,it is NO WHERE even close,so what can one say when in at least 4 years,NOTHING is accomplished in fixing what I knew then,and now is the WEAKEST point of our team as for Philbin,no, many of you are to harsh on him,he does not deserve to be fired at this point IMO. He has what he has because of Ireland,and still to get this team to 8-8 with the terrible o-line we have and no running game is tremendous. I think Philbin has made some mistakes with clock management and a couple small things,but overall,I really think he can be a very good coach given a little more help with a few more players.

As for Sherman,for me,this is the hardest,as he finds himself much like Philbin as the offense looks awful,yet again the o-line is awful,cant block for the QB or Running backs,so I find him hard to judge.,et in Green Bay and A@M they looked good. Im undecided here honestly,but have to give him a pass as well because of the lack of o-linemen he had to deal with as well and the fact the offense is extremely hard to get started when your QB doesnt have time to throw and your RB's cant get running lanes,or even the backs may be subpar. ALOT has to be fixed with this offense,ALOT ! There is no running game,no screen game,no play action,NOTHING scares other teams,not even Wallace speed,because he and Tannehill cant get that timing down. And BTW,I dont care if he and Wallace need to live together this off season,they have to get that right by next season,they HAVE to !

So,I think I am being totally UNBIASED,I care about my DOLPHINS,I could care less about any coach,player,GM or anyone else,I just want the team to get it right and get back to the days of old. So Goodbye Ireland,Philbin gets the benefit of the doubt and stays and we need long term stability and hopefully proves what I think can be a great coach later,and Sherman gets 1 more chance with some upgraded o-lineman and platers.

To me,finding the right GM is the key to the Dolphins success !

I dont post alot,just dont have time,but as Ive said before,I am a Longtime Dolphin fan,since 1970 and the loss to the Cowboys in the SB, to undefeated and back to back SB wins,Marino,and all the rest.

One thing I believe in is stability and I have tried to give Ireland a chance,but he has let to many top players go,that go elsewhere and PROVE they were good players,from way back to Welker,last year Reggie Bush and the list in between ! Its amazing the players we let go that are excelling somewhere else. And I said 4 years ago the o-line had to be fixed,and in 4 years,it is NO WHERE even close,so what can one say when in at least 4 years,NOTHING is accomplished in fixing what I knew then,and now is the WEAKEST point of our team as for Philbin,no, many of you are to harsh on him,he does not deserve to be fired at this point IMO. He has what he has because of Ireland,and still to get this team to 8-8 with the terrible o-line we have and no running game is tremendous. I think Philbin has made some mistakes with clock management and a couple small things,but overall,I really think he can be a very good coach given a little more help with a few more players.

As for Sherman,for me,this is the hardest,as he finds himself much like Philbin as the offense looks awful,yet again the o-line is awful,cant block for the QB or Running backs,so I find him hard to judge.,et in Green Bay and A@M they looked good. Im undecided here honestly,but have to give him a pass as well because of the lack of o-linemen he had to deal with as well and the fact the offense is extremely hard to get started when your QB doesnt have time to throw and your RB's cant get running lanes,or even the backs may be subpar. ALOT has to be fixed with this offense,ALOT ! There is no running game,no screen game,no play action,NOTHING scares other teams,not even Wallace speed,because he and Tannehill cant get that timing down. And BTW,I dont care if he and Wallace need to live together this off season,they have to get that right by next season,they HAVE to !

So,I think I am being totally UNBIASED,I care about my DOLPHINS,I could care less about any coach,player,GM or anyone else,I just want the team to get it right and get back to the days of old. So Goodbye Ireland,Philbin gets the benefit of the doubt and stays and we need long term stability and hopefully proves what I think can be a great coach later,and Sherman gets 1 more chance with some upgraded o-lineman and platers.

To me,finding the right GM is the key to the Dolphins success !

You're assuming that Philbin just sits back and lets Ireland pick the players without any input from the coaching staff.

You're assuming that Philbin just sits back and lets Ireland pick the players without any input from the coaching staff.

No I know Ireland has been here ALOT longer than Philbin to begin with and has let star players go before Philbin ever got here,and continues to do so,and has had PLENTY of time to get this offensive line fixed. Hell,the O-line should have been fixed 2.3 years ago for that matter,BEFORE Philbin even got here !

I'm sure Ross will put a bandaid over a bullet hole and the sheeple will gobble it up!

I'm sure Ross will put a bandaid over a bullet hole and the sheeple will gobble it up!

Ross's problem right now is that he just waited too long to can Ireland and now nobody's going to have faith in anything short of a clean sweep.

I actually think that the longer this takes the worse it is for Ireland. If he was bringing him back I feel that it would've been announced by now.

Ross's problem right now is that he just waited too long to can Ireland and now nobody's going to have faith in anything short of a clean sweep.

My thought is it's either a clean sweep or keep them all! If we try and go the route of half rebuild it won't work and we will end up doing it all over again.

I actually think that the longer this takes the worse it is for Ireland. If he was bringing him back I feel that it would've been announced by now.
I agree, reportedly two weeks ago, heck even on Sunday morning, Ross wasn't planning any changes. He expected to make the playoffs and retain his head coach and GM for the next season. Obviously he is now considering something he didn't anticipate even thinking about his offseason, and the fact that he hasn't publically retained them at this point seems to show that firing one or both of them is very realistic.

I'm sure he cares. He just doesn't understand the game and doesn't understand that the person he hired to acquire talent for his team is an incompetent buffoon.

See, that to me is not an incompetant bufoon. Randy Mueller is. Pure definiition of a buffoon drafting a 180 KR with the 9th pick in the draft. thats what a buffoon is.

My thought is it's either a clean sweep or keep them all! If we try and go the route of half rebuild it won't work and we will end up doing it all over again.
I disagree man. I just dont understand somes thinking honestly. If your car's starter goes bad,you dont replace the "entire" motor ! Fix whats broke and need's to be relaced,keep whats good. 2 years isnt a fair assesment for Philbin especially with the crap Ireland has given him with that line ! We are beginning to be like the Browns,give a coach less than a year and fire him,unreal ! I honestly think the Browns played some descent games under Chud,not saying he would have made it or not,but less than a year,come on,unreal.

Thats what Miami will be doing,you have to give a coach at least 3-4 years and hopefully you start to get some stability and move forward. Philbin needs another year at least,some new players on the line,and maybe even a back,and some more secondary help,then see what he does,but with the crap we have at the line,no one should be judged by the crap Ireland has left there,and I think Philbin will be back for another year and will be happy,and hope he succeeds and we get some stabilty within the organization again

The fact that Ross was convinced we would make the playoffs at 9-7 and therefore didn't plan ahead or consider having to hire a new GM and HC at the end of the season makes me a little sick, ngl. You always look at both sides of the coin. You always hope for the best but prepare for the worst. His incompetence as an owner has hurt this team before, but he has a chance to make it right this offseason. I hope he makes the right decisions, but I'm not so sure he will.

Ireland has made too many mistakes especially in the last 3 years. He needs to go.

the problem with Sherman is the gameplanning and his lack of adjustments during games. He may be a good coach but not at the NFL level for OC. His staff may have provided the type of players they wanted but Ireland drafted them and if the Offensive staff wanted Martin or others then thats even more reason for OL coach and Sherman to go.

Who wanted Albert? Ireland did not think he was worth the trade. Thats on Ireland. Ireland is average at best and is a good scout but not a good GM.

thats not his problem. He is not worried about anything you people say. He is only interested in what people around him say.

Those people are Dan Marino, Tony Dungy, Nat Moore and some others.

What you people say is based on emotion and nothing about thinking long term.

Im warning everyone, you shake the whole thing up, you have just introduced a wholesale change in the guys we have now to resign in FA to the ones who might possibly come here.

The Oline needs total revamp so that is already set up for that.

Grimes, Carroll, DT's, Wheeler/Ellerbe wasted money, and then the mother of all mothers, Ryan Tannehill will have to deal with new coaches with new language and new set up (which may be good for fixing some things now, but will set the team back in chemistry.

So you blow it all up, you blow up the whole damn thing.

why would anyone want to resign any of our guys when they are old? He will not bank his job on that. Most of everything would be out the windiow. possible change to 3-4, great! Jordan might flourish! The rest of the team might also be affected for the worst. We are stuck with other overpaid players regardless.

I would not want to take over this situation if I were the new GM. I might be a savior early on, but only to realize the reality of the NFL is centered around the QB.

Your messin with the QB if you change the whole thing. I am pretty sure thats what Marino is thinking. Get Ireland out, Sherman a liability to his QB.

according to the article we may have the decision on Friday which is good. Ross is having private discussions with his committee til Thursday night .

Back
Top Bottom