3) Va Tech
4) Alabama
5) Georgia
6) LSU
7) Miami
8) Notre Dame
9) Penn State
10) UCLA

Personally, I hate the fact USC will be #1 until they lose. Texas and VA Tech get screwed because USC was the preseason #1 and won the championship last year. I dont think they are the team to beat this year. IMO because USC was the preseason #1 they will remain #1 until they lose. I hope they are #3 in the BCS standings.

You don't think they're #1? Why? They've played a very tough schedule so far & beat all of them. Texas has beat one decent team (Colorado) & one good team (Ohio St) at the last second like USC over ND. VT has yet to really play anyone good. NC State, GT, & West Virginia are all decent but no top 20 team. They're test is coming next month with Miami, BC, & Virginia. If those three go unbeaten Texas will probably be left out only because the Big 12 sucks this year.

AS OF TODAY: I think Texas should be #1 based on everything Ive said before. I agree with VA Tech, they havent played anyone and wont play anyone until the conference championship game.

USC has a slighter harder schedule than Texas. SLIGHTER. Both schedules are cake with the exception of the ND and OSU game on USC and Texas's schedule.

However Texas has dominated everyone it should have dominated and so far has beaten the best team with OSU ranked #4.

USC has played close games with teams it should have dominated. The #1 team in the nation shouldnt go a few weeks with very close games. I dont think USC is as powerful as it was last year.

If there was no preseason rankings, USC would not be getting 57 first place votes. Thats what I am arguing. I dont think they are the clear cut #1 team in the nation and I think they are getting a lot of help because of the preseason polls. Based on the voting in the polls, USC is the clear cut #1 team in the nation and I would disagree with that.

However Texas has dominated everyone it should have dominated and so far has beaten the best team with OSU ranked #4.

USC has beaten the best team so far & played a much tougher schedule than Texas. Ohio State is down in the rankings. Notre Dame is better than Ohio State, & both Oregon & Arizona State are better than Colorado. Texas has played two borderline Division 1-AA teams (Rice & UL Lafeyette), USC has not played anyone quite that bad. USC still has to play Cal, UCLA, & Fresno while Texas has Tech, A&M, & a Big 12 championship game vs another average team. The SOS is clearly in USC's favor.

USC is ahead of Texas in the computer rankings for the BCS, and they don't factor in last years or prior weeks rankings.

Agent51 said:
Not to mention that Texas and VT have pretty much manhandled their opponents (with the exception of maybe the Texas/Ohio State game) and USC has struggled a whole bunch. Yeah, they get the win, somehow, and that may be all that matters, but Texas and VT win BIG.
Who is Texas/VA Tech playing? Of course they are winning big. Texas has played the likes of La Lafayette, Rice, Missouri and a bad Oklahoma team. They should be winning big. Texas has only played 1 game against top 20 teams.

Left on their schedule are the powerhouses of Baylor, Kansas & a 3-3 Ok. State team & a disappointing Texas A&M team. Their toughest game left is Texas Tech a team that might be 6-0 but has played no one of worth.

Va. Tech has played also played 1 top 20 team.

USC has played 3 games against top 20 teams to go along with their cup cakes. USC has had their struggles against the top 20 teams. However outside of ND they blew them out by the end of the game.

This is what is wrong with college football. Its not only good enough to win, but you have to impress since if you are suppose to be the best in the country then you should dominate every opponent. Those teams have talented players also.

SMadison29 said:
USC has beaten the best team so far & played a much tougher schedule than Texas. Ohio State is down in the rankings. Notre Dame is better than Ohio State, & both Oregon & Arizona State are better than Colorado. Texas has played two borderline Division 1-AA teams (Rice & UL Lafeyette), USC has not played anyone quite that bad. USC still has to play Cal, UCLA, & Fresno while Texas has Tech, A&M, & a Big 12 championship game vs another average team. The SOS is clearly in USC's favor.
Thank you. If I'd read farther then I could have saved some time.

i know all of the texas people will get ecstatic when they beat texas tech, but you wanna talk about easy schedules? look who texas tech has played:

Florida International, 1-4 (sun belt conference)
Sam Houston State, 0-4 (division 1AA)
Indiana State, 0-7 (division 1AA)
Kansas, 3-3 (big 12)
Nebraska, 5-1 (big 12)
Kansas State, 4-3 (big 12)

perhaps the easiest first 3 games i've ever seen on a big team's schedule. two WINLESS division 1AA teams. incredible. the best team they've beaten was a bad nebraska team. now if you lose to this team texas, you really have to pack the season in

Heres how it all breaks down...regarding the rest of the schedule and what I predict will happen. And at the end top top 10 bsc rankings

USC 11-0

@Washington - USC Wins 37-13
Washington State - USC Wins 42-10
Stanford - USC Wins 27-14
@California - USC Wins 38-17
Fresno State - USC Wins 35-10
UCLA - USC Wins 35-24

Texas 11-0

Texas Tech - Texas Wins 24-13
@Oaklahoma State - Texas Wins 45-10
@Baylor - Texas Wins 28-3
Kansas - Texas Wins 34-7
@Texas A&M - Texas Wins 31-6

Virginia Tech 9-2

@Maryland - VT wins 34-7
Boston College - VT wins 17-14
Miami - Miami wins 31-27
@Virginia - Virginia wins 34-31
North Carolina - VT wins 45-3

Alabama 11-0

Tennessee - Alabama wins 24-13
Utah State - Alabama wins 37-6
@Miss State - Alabama wins 27-13
LSU - Alabama wins 13-7
@Auburn - Alabama wins 34-10

Georgia 11-0

Arkansas - Georgia Wins 35-3
@Florida - Georgia Wins 14-13
Auburn - Georgia Wins 24-17
Kentucky - Georgia Wins 23-7
@Georgia Tech - Georgia Wins 38-13

Miami 10-1

Georgia Tech - Miami wins 38-13
North Carolina - Miami wins 45-10
@Virginia Tech - Miami wins 31-27
@Wake Forest - Miami wins 37-17
Virginia - Miami Wins 23-13

BCS

1. USC 11-0
2. Texas 11-0
3. Alabama 11-0
4. Georgia 11-0
5. Miami 10-1
6. UCLA 10-1
7. Penn State 10-1
8. Notre Dame 9-2
9. Virginia Tech 9-2
10. LSU 9-2

SMadison29 said:

Like I said before, I agree USC has a SLIGHTLY harder schedule. I disagree though that Notre Dame is better than OSU. They are both excellent teams and im not trying to take anything away from Notre Dame, but OSU is one of the best defenses in the nation and a much harder team to score on.

Texas' only tough games coming up are Texas Tech, which I agree might be overrated based on who they played and they should have NEVER won that Nebraska game last week, and then whoever they play in the Big12 championship game. Its not Texas' fault that the Big12 is horribly weak this year and its not USC's fault that the Pac10 is weak also.

My point was that USC wouldnt be a runaway first place vote if there were no preseason rankings. Like said before, when you are #1 you pretty much stay there until you lose, which I think is BS and brings me to my next point:

PSUFinFan said:
USC is ahead of Texas in the computer rankings for the BCS, and they don't factor in last years or prior weeks rankings.

Technically they DO, just not directly. And thats because of the preseason rankings and the fact that USC hasnt lost yet. When you are #1 in the coaches and AP polls, you should be #1 in the BCS. Like I said before, the #1 team usually does fall from #1 until they lose. When you are anointed #1 at the start of the season, its a HUGE blessing over the other top power teams because THEY need you to lose to move up.

As of RIGHT NOW THIS WEEK how Texas and USC have played, USC should NOT be a clear cut #1 team. Its because of the preseason rankings.

Dphins4me said:
This is what is wrong with college football. Its not only good enough to win, but you have to impress since if you are suppose to be the best in the country then you should dominate every opponent. Those teams have talented players also.

When you have 4 undefeated teams who are trying to get into 2 championship game spots, thats the only way it can be with this system. Until they implement a playoff system with the top 4 teams, thats the way its going to be. I agree with you, it IS what is wrong with college football but unlike the NFL and other sports, there is no playoffs and no tournament for the championship. 100 NCAA teams compete for 2, thats right, TWO spots. You can have one undefeated team or 14 undefeated teams. Still only two spots. Because of this, winning late in the game or winning on the last play of the game is not good enough for the top team in the nation. USC is getting 57 first place votes, thats pretty much a huge majority of first place votes. Teams getting that much of the first place votes should be blowing out their opponents at halftime. I agree with you, its a horrible system, but its what we have in college football.

Philter25 said:
Like I said before, I agree USC has a SLIGHTLY harder schedule. I disagree though that Notre Dame is better than OSU. They are both excellent teams and im not trying to take anything away from Notre Dame, but OSU is one of the best defenses in the nation and a much harder team to score on.

Texas' only tough games coming up are Texas Tech, which I agree might be overrated based on who they played and they should have NEVER won that Nebraska game last week, and then whoever they play in the Big12 championship game. Its not Texas' fault that the Big12 is horribly weak this year and its not USC's fault that the Pac10 is weak also.

My point was that USC wouldnt be a runaway first place vote if there were no preseason rankings. Like said before, when you are #1 you pretty much stay there until you lose, which I think is BS and brings me to my next point

Sorry man your points make no sense yes i'll actually agree with you that osu has a tougher defense than notre dame but... You cant disagree that Oklahomas defense last year was leaps and bounds better than osu's defense easily. Usc tramped all over it like it was a highschool football game, dont doubt USC there the best team in the nation

Buddwalk said:
Sorry man your points make no sense yes i'll actually agree with you that osu has a tougher defense than notre dame but... You cant disagree that Oklahomas defense last year was leaps and bounds better than osu's defense easily. Usc tramped all over it like it was a highschool football game, dont doubt USC there the best team in the nation

I never said anything about Oklahomas defense last year. Maybe thats why my points dont make sense to you. :lol: :goof:

What did I post that doesnt make sense? I am doubting that they are the hands down best team in the nation. They almost lost last week! I think they are beatable. They have proven that over the last couple of weeks that their defense IS suspect and they are not as dominant as they were last year. I dont need to make a point about that, USC already has shown it in MORE than 1 game this year. :lol:

It pisses me off that when Florida loses against 2 current top 10 teams, teams like ohio state, tennessee, and Notre Dame are ranked ahead...what is the deal with that?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
It pisses me off that when Florida loses against 2 current top 10 teams, teams like ohio state, tennessee, and Notre Dame are ranked ahead...what is the deal with that?

The Gators are lucky to be where they are bro. Until they get that offense running, they can't be considered a Top 10 or even 15-20 team. For once our Defense is our strength. We need a big win over Georgia and FSU to get back into the Top 10.

Back
Top Bottom