AP top 25 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP top 25

Its not Texas' fault that the Big12 is horribly weak this year and its not USC's fault that the Pac10 is weak also.

The Pac-10 isn't weak. UCLA, Oregon, Cal, & Arizona State are all good teams. The only conferences that are better are the ACC & the SEC. They're better than the Big 10 this year, which I projected to be the best conference this year.

i have no clue whatsoever. did they get a new defensive coordinator? i know norm chow is gone, but that hasn't made a difference. leinart makes tons of changes at the line anyway

USC didn't lose enough. They returned everything on offense plus got one of the nations top RTs, Winston Justice, back from suspension last year. Everyone thought the loss of Norm Chow would be a factor, it's not. USC's scoring is up 10 points per game & yardage is up more than 150 per game from last year.

On defense they lost a lot of experience. Tatupu was replaced by Oscar Lua, they're basically the same player. Keith Rivers, the #2 LB recruit in 04, is an upgrade over Matt Grootegoed. The loss of Patterson & Cody hurt a lot & they've found one potential All-Pac-10 replacement in Sedrick Ellis. The other loss that hurts probably more than all of those is the off the field troubled CB Eric Wright, who transferred to UNLV. He was a top notch CB that they could stick on the other team's top receiver & not have to worry about them. He's gone & now they don't have that shut down corner.

Alabama 11-0

Tennessee - Alabama wins 24-13
Utah State - Alabama wins 37-6
@Miss State - Alabama wins 27-13
LSU - Alabama wins 13-7
@Auburn - Alabama wins 34-10

Georgia 11-0

Arkansas - Georgia Wins 35-3
@Florida - Georgia Wins 14-13
Auburn - Georgia Wins 24-17
Kentucky - Georgia Wins 23-7
@Georgia Tech - Georgia Wins 38-13

Neither Alabama or Georgia will go undefeated. They're schedules are just too tough. Alabama has the best chance, IMO, but I think LSU will knock them off.

Back
Top Bottom