Aponte could be leaving for Detroit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte could be leaving for Detroit

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Heard longtime Dolphins exec Dawn Aponte could be heading to Detroit to oversee cap/contracts for the Lions for rookie GM Bob Quinn.
@JasonLaCanfora

Interesting. Her role has been slightly diminished with Dolphins recently. She & Tannenbaum have similar skill sets twitter.com/jasonlacanfora…@AbramsonPBP

Saw that earlier, but I'll buy when it comes from a real source, not some hack.

Not a new source but rather responses to La Crapforu:

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 22m22 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jason La Canfora
Good hire for the Lions. She was well thought of by Ross

Jesse Dieterman@JesseDieterman

@davebirkett Didn't they cut a bunch to sign Suh and now are trying to clean that mess up?

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 3m3 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jesse Dieterman
Asked a half dozen people about her. All said she's really smart and very good with the cap

*Birkett is a Lion beat writer.

Not a new source but rather responses to La Crapforu:

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 22m22 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jason La Canfora
Good hire for the Lions. She was well thought of by Ross

@davebirkett Didn't they cut a bunch to sign Suh and now are trying to clean that mess up?

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 3m3 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jesse Dieterman
Asked a half dozen people about her. All said she's really smart and very good with the cap

I'm conflicted on this.. on one hand she comes across as a power-hungry manipulator like when she conspired with PHilbin against Ireland. OTOH, she seems pretty competent in her job.. probably more so than we've seen in NY from TannenBum, and for the principle of the thing, I'd hate to see that Tannencancer drive her out as he surrounds himself with toadies.

I'm conflicted on this.. on one hand she comes across as a power-hungry manipulator like when she conspired with PHilbin against Ireland. OTOH, she seems pretty competent in her job.. probably more so than we've seen in NY from TannenBum, and for the principle of the thing, I'd hate to see that Tannencancer drive her out as he surrounds himself with toadies.

Kind of feel the same way, but have to say not totally surprised if it ends of happening with Mike T running the show.

Kind of feel the same way, but have to say not totally surprised if it ends of happening with Mike T running the show.

That's the thing, based upon the utter mess he left in New Jersey, losing a competent crapologist just leaves me with the impression that we're in for a bumpy ride with a crash landing having the equivalent of Stevie Wonder piloting a 747.

I personally dont care, , the nfl is loaded with plenty of people that do the same job with the same results nothing special one way or another

I personally dont care, , the nfl is loaded with plenty of people that do the same job with the same results nothing special one way or another

You (we) might be apathetic to this whole situation to a point, but you should. Aponte is excellent at her job. Our GM is an incompetent fool.

First Hickey gets under-minded and the boot, now maybe Aponte.

Tannembalmer is diggin' a grave for this franchise.

Well Ross seems to have pushed all his chips to one side of the table, can't say we didn't see it coming, well unless people believe he was really just here for sports science.

Well one things for sure, don't think will have too many questions this time around who was in charge of what and who made final decisions.

Back
Top Bottom