Aponte could be leaving for Detroit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte could be leaving for Detroit

Anyone remember the Jets cap situation when they booted the Tannenmeister out?

sigh.jpg

Heard longtime Dolphins exec Dawn Aponte could be heading to Detroit to oversee cap/contracts for the Lions for rookie GM Bob Quinn.
@JasonLaCanfora

Interesting. Her role has been slightly diminished with Dolphins recently. She & Tannenbaum have similar skill sets twitter.com/jasonlacanfora…@AbramsonPBP
?????? Tannenbaum definitely needs a strong salary cap controller like Dawn Aponte to help him. He ended up in salary cap hell at the Jets and we don't want to go through that. Dawn is an accountant (and a lawyer) who can handle the high detail. She handles all administration of the team. Tannenbaum is also a lawyer by education but his skill is in making deals. He has knowledge of the actual game of football and the players, while I don't think Dawn claims this at all. She is a top business person and administrator. They don't have the same skills. (This is more LaCanfora rubbish). However, if his report is true, it is a major concern. I hope we don't lose Dawn. We need her keeping Tannenbaum in check. With an absent owner like Stephen Ross, who is focused on his core business, the Dolphins organization needs checks and balances. If Dawn departs, it gives Mike greater control in an area he previously screwed up and therefore represents higher risk.

?????? Tannenbaum definitely needs a strong salary cap controller like Dawn Aponte to help him. He ended up in salary cap hell at the Jets and we don't want to go through that. Dawn is an accountant (and a lawyer) who can handle the high detail. She handles all administration of the team. Tannenbaum is also a lawyer by education but his skill is in making deals. He has knowledge of the actual game of football and the players, while I don't think Dawn claims this at all. She is a top business person and administrator. They don't have the same skills. (This is more LaCanfora rubbish). However, if his report is true, it is a major concern. I hope we don't lose Dawn. We need her keeping Tannenbaum in check. With an absent owner like Stephen Ross, who is focused on his core business, the Dolphins organization needs checks and balances. If Dawn departs, it gives Mike greater control in an area he previously screwed up and therefore represents higher risk.

Puts it better than I could. We need a tough capologist to keep MT in line when he decides to go into one of his creative phases. I have no feelings for or ties to Aponte herself. I'm sure there are a bunch of good cap people out there and her contract structures weren't exactly revolutionary. But Dawn didn't take any **** and you can be sure the new guy/gal will take more **** than a municipal waste factility.

Whatever your feelings on Aponte, Tannenbaum consolidating all power is insane. He has nothing to check him. This is an absolutely crazy situation.

I wish the best for us.But I stick to what I said.Tannenbaum nearly burned the jets organization to the ground and he will do the same here.

I wish the best for us.But I stick to what I said.Tannenbaum nearly burned the jets organization to the ground and he will do the same here.

pretty much

Whatever your feelings on Aponte, Tannenbaum consolidating all power is insane. He has nothing to check him. This is an absolutely crazy situation.

Ross as absentee owner probably has determined or was convinced he needs one person running the show ala Parcells his czar, and it's Tannenbaum. That's the way I see it and anyone else in the building that has or had any power - goodbye, sure seems like it's unfolding that way.

Not a new source but rather responses to La Crapforu:

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 22m22 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jason La Canfora
Good hire for the Lions. She was well thought of by Ross

Jesse Dieterman@JesseDieterman

@davebirkett Didn't they cut a bunch to sign Suh and now are trying to clean that mess up?

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 3m3 minutes ago
Dave Birkett Retweeted Jesse Dieterman
Asked a half dozen people about her. All said she's really smart and very good with the cap

*Birkett is a Lion beat writer.

Funny sentences:

"Good hire for the Lions. She was well thought of by Ross."

:sidelol:

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I'm conflicted on this.. on one hand she comes across as a power-hungry manipulator like when she conspired with PHilbin against Ireland. OTOH, she seems pretty competent in her job.. probably more so than we've seen in NY from TannenBum, and for the principle of the thing, I'd hate to see that Tannencancer drive her out as he surrounds himself with toadies.

tumblr_nod30nRB8p1tflhnuo1_250.gif

That's the thing, based upon the utter mess he left in New Jersey, losing a competent crapologist just leaves me with the impression that we're in for a bumpy ride with a crash landing having the equivalent of Stevie Wonder piloting a 747.

This is kinda crazy Chicken Little thinking, no? You're worried about losing Dawn Aponte??? Really? A capologist can be replaced, especially a power hungry one who should have been ousted years ago. I wish Dawn, and Joey P. and Dion Jordan all the success in the world- just get the hell out of Miami, please

@alexmarvez: Multiple sources confirm to @NFLonFOX that Dawn Aponte is leaving @MiamiDolphins front office for @Lions. She handled Miami's salary cap

done

Aponte is a Black Widow and Tannenbaum is a snake.

Aponte rumored to be leaving for Detroit at the same exact time Tannenbaum announces "we" will be looking at restructuring Suh after one year.

Sounds to me like someone lost a power struggle and doesn't want any part of what's about to happen.

Tannenbaum has effectively gained total control over the team. Anyone thinking this is a good idea raise your hand.

There is nothing good about to come out of Aponte leaving. And I never liked her. But these happenings tell me there is now no one left to challenge Tannenbaum with any sort of football knowledge or common sense.

Tannenbaum will pacify all of the offseason glory seekers with FA signings and big moves. Tannenbaum will not sit back and "wiat" for this to develop. He will want results immediately. Regardless if they work out or not, we are about to usher in a period of cap hell we've yet to see.

Enjoy the ride gentlemen and hope he actually gets more great players with all the spending that's about to happen. This impending Suh restructure is idiotic when we have the perfect opportunity to eat the big money this year in Year 1 of Gase. We could clean house and focus on drafting. But I have a feeling high profile moves and money are about to be the order of the day.

I hope for the best, but this plan already seems fret with flawed logic and design that has proven time and time again to not work.

Here is to hoping.

@alexmarvez: Multiple sources confirm to @NFLonFOX that Dawn Aponte is leaving @MiamiDolphins front office for @Lions. She handled Miami's salary cap

done

Or maybe not

Andrew AbramsonVerified account
‏@AbramsonPBP
Despite reports that #Dolphins' salary cap guru Dawn Aponte is leaving for Detroit, I'm told she's staying in Miami.

Who knows?

completely regardless of how well she does or doesn't do her job, this definitely adds some ammunition for the tbaum, power hungry, his franchise, etc argument.

Or maybe not

Andrew AbramsonVerified account
‏@AbramsonPBP
Despite reports that #Dolphins' salary cap guru Dawn Aponte is leaving for Detroit, I'm told she's staying in Miami.

Who knows?

or not lol

Just saw this update....

The Dolphins, through all the changes of recent years, have added layers upon layers of organizational chart.

Today, one of those layers is heading out.

According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte is leaving the Dolphins front office to go work for the Lions.

Aponte handled the Dolphins salary cap, but even with old Jets co-worker Mike Tannenbaum coming in to run the place and hiring a new G.M., there have always seemed to be more pots than lids in that front office.

Now, she gets to work alongside a new General Manager in Bob Quinn under a new team president in Rod Wood.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/28/dolphins-exec-dawn-aponte-leaving-for-lions-job/

Back
Top Bottom