Aponte could be leaving for Detroit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte could be leaving for Detroit

Just saw this update....

The Dolphins, through all the changes of recent years, have added layers upon layers of organizational chart.

Today, one of those layers is heading out.

According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, vice president of football administration Dawn Aponte is leaving the Dolphins front office to go work for the Lions.

Aponte handled the Dolphins salary cap, but even with old Jets co-worker Mike Tannenbaum coming in to run the place and hiring a new G.M., there have always seemed to be more pots than lids in that front office.

Now, she gets to work alongside a new General Manager in Bob Quinn under a new team president in Rod Wood.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/28/dolphins-exec-dawn-aponte-leaving-for-lions-job/

Abramson said after this that it wasnt true.

No clue who is right

Abramson said after this that it wasnt true.

No clue who is right

We have JLC excellent reportitng combined with Marvez who said Washburn sr was coming and a local beat reporter who always is last to know. Lol. Guess will need to wait for Adam S or Barry J to weigh in.

We have JLC excellent reportitng combined with Marvez who said Washburn sr was coming and a local beat reporter who always is last to know. Lol. Guess will need to wait for Adam S or Barry J to weigh in.

Marvez broke a lot of Miami news recently

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 16s16 seconds ago
Alex Marvez Retweeted Andrew Abramson
Interesting ... I'm going to stand down on this and retract my Tweet as this plays out. Alex Marvez added,
Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP
Despite reports that #Dolphins' salary cap guru Dawn Aponte is leaving for Detroit, I'm told she's staying in Miami.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 16s16 seconds ago
Alex Marvez Retweeted Andrew Abramson
Interesting ... I'm going to stand down on this and retract my Tweet as this plays out. Alex Marvez added,
Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP
Despite reports that #Dolphins' salary cap guru Dawn Aponte is leaving for Detroit, I'm told she's staying in Miami.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Someone needs to phone Jeff D so we can get it right.

Or maybe not

Andrew AbramsonVerified account
‏@AbramsonPBP

Who knows?

[video=youtube;GqH21LEmfbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ[/video]

This is kinda crazy Chicken Little thinking, no? You're worried about losing Dawn Aponte??? Really? A capologist can be replaced, especially a power hungry one who should have been ousted years ago. I wish Dawn, and Joey P. and Dion Jordan all the success in the world- just get the hell out of Miami, please

No it's not. It's a matter of checks and balances vs concentration of power by a mediocre GM who left a mess before being junk-heaped and ignored even for a lateral position by the league except for a clueless Steve Ross! We are not entrusting the operations and future of the franchise to a Polian in his prime, Schneider, or Ozzie Newsome type decision-maker. Let's not forget that. Essentially we're the proverbial aircraft hoping for a safe landing with Stevie Wonder at the controls. No matter whether Apponte is replaceable or not, she's now one less exec who has Ross's ear. If you think that's good, then I have a bridge in B'klyn I can sell you cheap.

More power to our new overlord. Aponte was actually pretty good at structuring the idiotic contracts we kept dishing out in the least damaging way. But I guess she had to go if we wanted the full Tannenbaum experience.

She is going nowhere...

@alexmarvez 55s55 seconds ago
Confirmed Dawn Aponte staying w/ @MiamiDolphins. My mistake & I own up to it. Apologies to her & the team. I will do better in the future

Marvez seems to be in deep poo poo over it.

Should her staying or leaving really be a big deal? I'm not slighting her but come on ... unless she's got more power than what her job description says she can be replaced. If she stays good but if she leaves I wish her the best.

No it's not. It's a matter of checks and balances vs concentration of power by a mediocre GM who left a mess before being junk-heaped and ignored even for a lateral position by the league except for a clueless Steve Ross! We are not entrusting the operations and future of the franchise to a Polian in his prime, Schneider, or Ozzie Newsome type decision-maker. Let's not forget that. Essentially we're the proverbial aircraft hoping for a safe landing with Stevie Wonder at the controls. No matter whether Apponte is replaceable or not, she's now one less exec who has Ross's ear. If you think that's good, then I have a bridge in B'klyn I can sell you cheap.

Are you serious? Is Aponte a great GM or a bean counter who moves money around? One less exec who has Ross's ear??? who cares, get ahold of yourself

Here's what we know about Aponte- she was brought in by carpetbagging, money stealing Parcells and along with the brilliant team of Ireland and Failbin accomplished nothing. Here's the only thing I've ever heard or read about her personnel acumen. The night before the 2013 draft Mr. Magoo went around the dinner table asking all of his top execs who'd they'd take if given the chance and Dawn Schneider Newsome Wolf responded "Dion Jordan"

so no great loss. get some perspective, she's a bean counter not a personnel guy.

No offense, but it really grinds my gears when people on these forums use "mediocre" as a synonym for "horrifically disastrous beyond all known measure"

ie:
"The Dolphins have a mediocre o-line"
"Our linebackers are all mediocre"
"Tannenbaum is mediocre"

Back
Top Bottom