Aponte could be leaving for Detroit | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte could be leaving for Detroit

Leaving the city of Miami for the city of Detroit. Must have been a toxic situation

Are you serious? Is Aponte a great GM or a bean counter who moves money around? One less exec who has Ross's ear??? who cares, get ahold of yourself

Here's what we know about Aponte- she was brought in by carpetbagging, money stealing Parcells and along with the brilliant team of Ireland and Failbin accomplished nothing. Here's the only thing I've ever heard or read about her personnel acumen. The night before the 2013 draft Mr. Magoo went around the dinner table asking all of his top execs who'd they'd take if given the chance and Dawn Schneider Newsome Wolf responded "Dion Jordan"

so no great loss. get some perspective, she's a bean counter not a personnel guy.

Wow.
Since you do not like facts there is something else you don't like about Aponte. A woman in high position? Is that the problem?

Here is the dinner report you are talking about and look at the difference between your statement and the factual statement.

You:
responded "Dion Jordan"
Fact:
So Aponte said she would like West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article51725765.html

Wow.
Since you do not like facts there is something else you don't like about Aponte. A woman in high position? Is that the problem?

Here is the dinner report you are talking about and look at the difference between your statement and the factual statement.

You:
Fact:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article51725765.html

OK, I remembered that story incorrectly but her pick was not much better. She wanted to take a slot receiver/returner in the top 10. So her personnel acumen is on par with Cam Cameron's. You guys have won me over- Dawn Aponte is brilliant and irreplaceable. This organization would fall into the Atlantic were she to leave.

so I don't like a woman in a position of power?? Stop your PC bullS%^ and get over yourself. The entire point of my dissent with this ridiculous claim that we're done and our cap is broken if Aponte leaves still stands.

It figures that this "woe is us" mentality goes hand in hand with the war on women narrative you want to weave. Grow up.

OK, I remembered that story incorrectly but her pick was not much better. She wanted to take a slot receiver/returner in the top 10. So her personnel acumen is on par with Cam Cameron's. You guys have won me over- Dawn Aponte is brilliant and irreplaceable. This organization would fall into the Atlantic were she to leave.

so I don't like a woman in a position of power?? Stop your PC bullS%^ and get over yourself. The entire point of my dissent with this ridiculous claim that we're done and our cap is broken if Aponte leaves still stands.

It figures that this "woe is us" mentality goes hand in hand with the war on women narrative you want to weave. Grow up.

She's not a player evaluator - she negotiates the fine details of every contract with the agents and regularly regarded as among the best in her field in the NFL.

Graveyards are filled with indispensable people. However, as one who has made following the salary cap a hobby for years, she is as good as it gets. Fact

She's not a player evaluator - she negotiates the fine details of every contract with the agents and regularly regarded as among the best in her field in the NFL.

One would think shes not a player evaluator, and she shouldn't be, however its been explicitly stated that Ross values her input on personnel decisions including her thoughts on who we should draft. With that being said, given her expertise on contracts, does her input on personnel decisions detriment the team to the point her value in contracts declines

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh please. Don't make your failure my fault.

Oh please. Don't make your failure my fault.

Quit your whining, son. Sky isn't falling if Aponte stays or goes. Anyone who questions her value isn't a myoginist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aponte is a Black Widow and Tannenbaum is a snake.

Aponte rumored to be leaving for Detroit at the same exact time Tannenbaum announces "we" will be looking at restructuring Suh after one year.

Sounds to me like someone lost a power struggle and doesn't want any part of what's about to happen.

Tannenbaum has effectively gained total control over the team. Anyone thinking this is a good idea raise your hand.

There is nothing good about to come out of Aponte leaving. And I never liked her. But these happenings tell me there is now no one left to challenge Tannenbaum with any sort of football knowledge or common sense.

Tannenbaum will pacify all of the offseason glory seekers with FA signings and big moves. Tannenbaum will not sit back and "wiat" for this to develop. He will want results immediately. Regardless if they work out or not, we are about to usher in a period of cap hell we've yet to see.

Enjoy the ride gentlemen and hope he actually gets more great players with all the spending that's about to happen. This impending Suh restructure is idiotic when we have the perfect opportunity to eat the big money this year in Year 1 of Gase. We could clean house and focus on drafting. But I have a feeling high profile moves and money are about to be the order of the day.

I hope for the best, but this plan already seems fret with flawed logic and design that has proven time and time again to not work.

Here is to hoping.

Aponte is no big deal to me.
Lots of peole can do that job.
And good we don't want power struggles if there is any there.
Let Tannenbaum to his thing for better or worse.

Graveyards are filled with indispensable people. However, as one who has made following the salary cap a hobby for years, she is as good as it gets. Fact

Do you have an industry source who shares or backs your rating of her?

Lotta "facts" thrown around in this discussion about a team exec whose main claim to fame seems to be trying to stage a palace coup with a failure of a head coach.

I love how the mediocre minds in here have convined themselves that Dawn Aponte leaving was some critical loss for this team and the end of the world as we know it.
Is finheaven always this dramatic and reactionary?

some of you sound like you left Oberlin College because you couldn't take all the microaggressions lobbed your way. Grow up and smarten up. Bernie Sanders and a sense of entitlement are not the answers.

Do you have an industry source who shares or backs your rating of her?

Lotta "facts" thrown around in this discussion about a team exec whose main claim to fame seems to be trying to stage a palace coup with a failure of a head coach.

I love how the mediocre minds in here have convined themselves that Dawn Aponte leaving was some critical loss for this team and the end of the world as we know it.
Is finheaven always this dramatic and reactionary?

some of you sound like you left Oberlin College because you couldn't take all the microaggressions lobbed your way. Grow up and smarten up. Bernie Sanders and a sense of entitlement are not the answers.

Is this one good enough for you?

After 15 years with the Jets, she was hired away by the NFL office, where she spent three years serving on the league’s management council as the vice president of labor finance. Aponte represented the 32 clubs in dealings with the NFL Players Association on salary-cap and other labor-related matters.

“Dawn is a very well-respected executive in the league,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the Miami Herald on Friday. “She has terrific experience, a deep understanding of salary-cap management and collective-bargaining negotiations, and a commitment to the NFL and [the] team she works for that is uncompromised.”

ESPN analyst Andrew Brandt, who spent nine years as Green Bay Packers vice president when Aponte was with the Jets, described Aponte as “very professional, very knowledgeable and rigid.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article1959576.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom