Apparently no logo change for us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apparently no logo change for us

Do you like, or don't like?

• Total voters
Its not about making the logo look menacing, its about making it not look like a cartoon.

I think this is the best logo for the Dolphins

DolphinStadLogo-1.gif

If the Dolphins were created today, this is probably what the logo would look like.

Too bad Ross doesn't get our grey facemasks and Thanksgiving uni's back. He has no idea how to market, he'd make a killing on merchandise sales which have to be stagnant right now, of course for a stale product. For a "business" man he sure doesn't get how to run a football team or tickets.

Its not about making the logo look menacing, its about making it not look like a cartoon.

DolphinStadLogo-1.gif

If the Dolphins were created today, this is probably what the logo would look like.

I like this one the best also. Not sure I would want us to change to it just because it would be such a drastic change but..........maybe a change is exactly what we need. If it was up to me I would not change the helmets at all unless it was a very minor change

DolphinStadLogo-1.gif

Thankfully, the Dolphins' logo isn't "created today," thus avoiding this personality-less symbol that looks like it was drafted by the geniuses behind the new Marlins' gear.

Thankfully, the Dolphins' logo isn't "created today," thus avoiding this personality-less symbol that looks like it was drafted by the geniuses behind the new Marlins' gear.

personality-less? I think it has everything a good logo is supposed to have.

Logos aren't supposed to be cartoon characters (like the current Dolphins logo.) BTW, what kind of personality does the current dolphins logo have? Goofiness? Mental retardation?

personality-less? I think it has everything a good logo is supposed to have.

Logos aren't supposed to be cartoon characters (like the current Dolphins logo.) BTW, what kind of personality does the current dolphins logo have? Goofiness? Mental retardation?
And where is that rule written? I'll stick with the cartoon character over the oh-so-modern and multi-colored Dolphin silhouette. Although, to be fair, it's about 100 times better than that ridiculous shark-fin design.

if it aint broke dont fix it, i have a feeling they would have made us look worse, stick with what we got is cool with me.

And where is that rule written? I'll stick with the cartoon character over the oh-so-modern and multi-colored Dolphin silhouette. Although, to be fair, it's about 100 times better than that ridiculous shark-fin design.

Graphic Design 101.

1960s called, they want their lame anthropormorphic cartoon animal logo back.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Here are some useful articles on logo design:

http://www.davidairey.com/5-useful-logo-design-tips/
http://www.code-interactive.com/thinker/a112.html
http://tannerchristensen.com/rules-for-logo-design/

As outlined in the last link above, lets see where the Dolphins logo fails:

miamidolphinslogo-1.jpg

Do not use more than three colors. PASS
Get rid of everything that is not absolutely necessary. FAIL
Type must be easy enough for your grandma to read.
The logo must be recognizable. PASS
Create a unique shape or layout for the logo. PASS
Completely ignore what your parents and/or spouse think about the design.
Confirm that the logo looks appealing to more than just three (3) individuals.
Do not combine elements from popular logos and claim it as original work. FAIL
Do not use clipart under any circumstances. PASS
The logo should look good in black and white. FAIL
Make sure that the logo is recognizable when inverted. FAIL
Make sure that the logo is recognizable when resized. FAIL
If the logo contains an icon or symbol, as well as text, place each so that they complement one another. FAIL
Avoid recent logo design trends. Instead, make the logo look timeless. FAIL
Do not use special effects (including, but not limited to: gradients, drop shadows, reflections, and light bursts). PASS
Fit the logo into a square layout if possible, avoid obscure layouts. FAIL
Avoid intricate details. FAIL
Consider the different places and ways that the logo will be presented. FAIL
Invoke feelings of being bold and confident, never dull and weak. FAIL
Realize that you will not create a perfect logo.
Use sharp lines for sharp businesses, smooth lines for smooth businesses.
The logo must have some connection to what it is representing. PASS
A photo does not make a logo.
You must surprise customers with presentation.
Do not use more than two fonts.
Each element of the logo needs to be aligned. Left, center, right, top, or bottom. FAIL
The logo should look solid, with no trailing elements.
Know who is going to be looking at the logo before you think of ideas for it. FAIL
Always choose function over innovation. FAIL
If the brand name is memorable, the brand name should be the logo.
The logo should be recognizable when mirrored. FAIL
Even large companies need small logos.
Everyone should like the logo design, not just the business that will use it.
Create variations. The more variations, the more likely you are to get it right.
The logo must look consistent across multiple platforms. FAIL
The logo must be easy to describe. PASS
Do not use taglines in the logo.
Sketch out ideas using paper and pencil before working on a computer.
Keep the design simple. FAIL
Do not use any “swoosh” or “globe”symbols. PASS
The logo should not be distracting. FAIL
It should be honest in its representation.
The logo should be balanced visually. FAIL
Avoid bright, neon colors and dark, dull colors. FAIL

DolphinStadLogo-1.gif

I kindly disagree. That is just awful.

I kindly disagree. That is just awful.

It looks much slicker on the helmet than the current logo does.

clear.gif

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

FYI, the Miami Marlins logo is actually pretty good if it weren't for the colors. This is what it should look like:

miamimarlinstealfittedcapcolorway-1.jpg

To change a team's colors or logo you have to petition the NFL to make that change, and it usually has to be done about a year in advance of when you want to roll out the new colors/logo.....but this has nothing to do with Nike taking over for Reebok. Nike is just creating lighter designed uniforms with the Nike swoosh. I don't think any team is changing their colors or logo this year.

<<<Menacing dolphin :D

I do think a uniform and logo change is needed. This 1997-current one has too much negative baggage with it (J.J., 62-7, Wanny, Saban, 1-15, Sparano & Ireland, etc.)

Look what a change did for the Broncos (1997-current; won 2 Super Bowls), Bucs (1997-current; won Super Bowl in '02), Patriots (2000-current; 3 Super Bowl titles), Seahawks (2002-2011; won the NFC in 2005), Giants (changed road uni's in the mid-2000s; won 2 Super Bowls), Cardinals (won the NFC in 2008) and Lions (2009-current; made the playoffs for 1st time in 12 seasons). Some teams like the Jets, 49ers and maybe the Bills seem to have done better going retro.

Back
Top Bottom