Apparently no logo change for us | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apparently no logo change for us

Do you like, or don't like?

• Total voters
Im not trying to be a truble maker, but, real Dolphins dont play football.

That's really what you have to add to the discussion? Thanks for making my point for me. Real dolphins don't play football.....therefore, stick with me here, a picture of a dolphin wearing a football helmet looks completely and utterly retarded. Derr duh.

What, is this some playful dolphin that found a helmet floating in the ocean and he just happened to figure out how to put it on his head? Now all the other dolphins recognize him from more than a mile away.....via sonar. Or is it an abused animal at some road carnival who has a trainer that straps the helmet to him and sends low frequency electrical shocks through it to train him? Poor flipper.

But seeing an actual real life dolphin jumping out of the water, in his natural settings, with a beautiful sunset in the background and NOT wearing a helmet, is majestic and powerful. THAT is the image I want representing my team. Not some ridiculous cartoon character.

I would like to see a few things.

A. Go oldschool logo but with more defined lines lines/depth.
B. Just slap a D on the helmet ala Bears or GB.
C. Something like Denver used to have with the Bronco sort of coming out of the letter.

If it turns out being something I saw with the dolphin holding a football I will poke my eyes out.

Why do we have to even have a Dolphin on the helmet? Do the Bears have a Bear on their helmet? NOOO. Maybe just create a color combination or some lettering, or something other than a Dolphin. The Browns don't have anything but a brown helmet...maybe we could go with a gray helmet and nothing else? I like Ohio State's gray. Maybe we could stick with the old traditional throwbacks and helmet at home, and have an alternate jersey/home for the road?

How do people get to 30k posts with such horrible misguided ideas?

That's really what you have to add to the discussion? Thanks for making my point for me. Real dolphins don't play football.....therefore, stick with me here, a picture of a dolphin wearing a football helmet looks completely and utterly retarded. Derr duh.

What, is this some playful dolphin that found a helmet floating in the ocean and he just happened to figure out how to put it on his head? Now all the other dolphins recognize him from more than a mile away.....via sonar. Or is it an abused animal at some road carnival who has a trainer that straps the helmet to him and sends low frequency electrical shocks through it to train him? Poor flipper.

But seeing an actual real life dolphin jumping out of the water, in his natural settings, with a beautiful sunset in the background and NOT wearing a helmet, is majestic and powerful. THAT is the image I want representing my team. Not some ridiculous cartoon character.

Logos aren't meant to be taken literally. I know you know this.

Logos aren't meant to be taken literally. I know you know this.

Of course. Way to take what I said out of context. I was responding to a guy who said that dolphins don't play football in real life. Regardless of what was said in that post, my whole point here is that it looks ****ing lame. I'm not saying that logos should be taken literally (whatever the hell that means). I'm not saying that we need to have a logo that looks mean. I'm not saying that we would win more games with a uniform change. I'm just stating my preference for a logo change if, in fact, it were to occur. This is a logo change thread. If you don't like it, why click on it?

Back
Top Bottom