Apparently no logo change for us | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apparently no logo change for us

Do you like, or don't like?

• Total voters
No, he cleared that up. There are also pictures of live humans wearing the new unis.

2778nfljerseys-1.jpeg

I like them. Wish we'd dump the drop shadow altogether, but it is what it is I suppose.

I don't like the shadow, either, but I'll take it because I like the number style, and that the orange and white are close together rather than with that stupid gap we've been using. Minus the shadow, it reminds me more of the early Marino years for the Fins, and that's retro enough for me.

I have to say, I like em. The drop shadow is less prominent, the numbers are sharper, the overall 'aqua' is now back to the more true aqua as opposed to the recent teal, and the shoes are sick (hate white shoes on white pants).

I also like a lot of the ideas some of you guys have on here for proposed changes, from mild tweaks of grey (YES, get rid of the damn navy accent!!!) to drastic logo changes (old stadium logo looked pretty good on the mock uni). But, as a guy who's wanted a uni change for years, I know it will likely never happen.

And please try to ignore the posters who come on these threads and bash you or your ideas. We have these threads every year (yup, I've even started one or two) during the down time in the offseason (between combine and draft, then draft and OTAs) and there are a lot of dudes that hate the idea of any uni change. It's usually repeat offenders just trying to be the real jerks, though. Just ignore it.

This is a discussion board about the Phins and everything related. I sink my hard earned dough into hundreds of dollars of gear and want to look good wearing it. We should be able to talk about it without getting bashed. Yeah, we know a uni change isn't gonna win us games, but it might breathe a little excitement back into an otherwise spiraling franchise. So lay off. It's been posted a million times. And the guy that says the dolphin in my mock logo looks fat and bald, that's been posted 50 times. I got it (though your perspective is a bit comical and does make me chuckle).

So guys, have fun with it......even though it won't happen. :chuckle:

a bunch of teams are going to have alternate jerseys that are Pro-combat types. Orakpo was just talking about the Skins one on ESPN980....

Hopefully these new jerseys spell the end for shoulder pads popping out of the collar. Are we sure Vernon Carey can get his bigol belly into one of them? I don't think the Offensive lines will like these because they're form-fitting and you can't grab defenders by the shirt.

Also, colors are the same. That first pic looks blue-aqua because the white balance is off from the 49ers Gold and the warm lights shining on it.

I have to say, I like em. The drop shadow is less prominent, the numbers are sharper, the overall 'aqua' is now back to the more true aqua as opposed to the recent teal, and the shoes are sick (hate white shoes on white pants).

I also like a lot of the ideas some of you guys have on here for proposed changes, from mild tweaks of grey (YES, get rid of the damn navy accent!!!) to drastic logo changes (old stadium logo looked pretty good on the mock uni). But, as a guy who's wanted a uni change for years, I know it will likely never happen.

And please try to ignore the posters who come on these threads and bash you or your ideas. We have these threads every year (yup, I've even started one or two) during the down time in the offseason (between combine and draft, then draft and OTAs) and there are a lot of dudes that hate the idea of any uni change. It's usually repeat offenders just trying to be the real jerks, though. Just ignore it.

This is a discussion board about the Phins and everything related. I sink my hard earned dough into hundreds of dollars of gear and want to look good wearing it. We should be able to talk about it without getting bashed. Yeah, we know a uni change isn't gonna win us games, but it might breathe a little excitement back into an otherwise spiraling franchise. So lay off. It's been posted a million times. And the guy that says the dolphin in my mock logo looks fat and bald, that's been posted 50 times. I got it (though your perspective is a bit comical and does make me chuckle).

So guys, have fun with it......even though it won't happen. :chuckle:

Although I'm opposed to the idea... this article does mention Dolphins logo tweaks for 2013 from a team source...
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/nike_not_radically_altering_lo.html

Back
Top Bottom