Are doing enough to improve the offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are doing enough to improve the offense?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Last year our offense was among the worst in the league and all we heard from the front office was we were going to improve the offense and get more "explosive". The defense is not the problem, we were 6th in overall defense last year and we are on the verge of being an elite defense, but most of our moves so far have been defensive signings, burnett, fields, trusnick, resigning mcdaniel. And personally I would of focused more on adding a FS and an extra pass-rusher. But the question is are we doing enough to improve this offense and stay on pace with what the Jets are doing with signing Plaxico, Holmes, with what the Pats are doing with Ocho and now talking to Braylon. I just dont know think the moves that we have made including the draft and hiring daboll are enough. We said we were going to bring in competition for Henne, well if Moore is the only competition then we have failed at that goal. We needed a deep threat so we drafted gates, is that enough? I hope so. We need a seem threat TE, is clay that guy? I hope so but why not look at Miller from OAK. And are we deep enough at WR, what happens if marshall does something off the field or gets hurt? do we have a true #2 receiver? I love bess but why not bring in Braylon, why didn't we check out Plaxico or jones from green bay, hell why didn't we contact Holmes, all im saying is are we being aggressive enough on offense. I understand we made the trade for Bush but how many game is he gonna give us? I just feel like sometimes were not being aggressive enough and falling asleep at the wheel, this offense needed a total overhaul and I'm not sure if were doing enough, what do you guys think?

Offensive side of the ball: Reggie Bush. This team is headed the way of the stock market in 08. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWN. *plane going down noise.....crash noise*

Doesn't seem like it so far. Patriots got OchoCinco, Jets got Plaxico, Bills even have signed Nick Barnett whose a good defender. We haven't made a big splash in Free Agency, we got guy who might be better than Crowder??? Is that the big changes they promised us??? Or do they know some psychic crap about Reggie Bush rushing for over 1,000 yards and a bunch of touchdowns for the first time in his career???

I think we arent doing anything...tbh we havent done anything in free agency....as much as I like crowder the only upgrade has been on defense to me with the burnett pick up...reggie bush is electrifying, but lets see for how long and is that what we really need as a running back...I guess he fills a special teams and depth at rb but what about livas, and gates.. anyhow...matt moore is not a upgrade...we have no reciever upgrades....no tight end upgrades...nothing u really can say ok we can contend on offense against the jets and pats this year...doesnt look good fellas.

There's still time to get Braylon Edwards or Zach Miller or re-sign Ricky or Ronnie to help.... but with this front office I'll believe it when I see it. They don't inspire confidence. We have the room for at least one maybe two of those players....come on.

I agree guys I just feel like were dropping the ball, it seems like were adding depth and not looking to get more explosive, was the reggie bush move it? were gonna rely on an injury prone running back to change our offense? and I seriously think we need another WR!

The only way they salvage this offseason is if they Miller or Edwards.

Miller and Fasano could make for a great 2 TE set. Don't like Braylon too much, but he does have ability to make something out of nothing, which is what we lacked, and is good for when Henne makes bad throws.

Miller and Fasano could make for a great 2 TE set. Don't like Braylon too much, but he does have ability to make something out of nothing, which is what we lacked, and is good for when Henne makes bad throws.

its like this...on wideouts all we have that we know are solid r marshall and bess...hartline is sometimeish, you can add him as solid if you want..everyone else have to prove themselves...do we have time for guys to develop, I guess we have all the time in the world but if we dont start winning soon, this organization will become the jacksonville jaguars.

Your making a lot of assumptions about who they are or were interested in, have contacted and what they still might do?

The current roster of the Miami Dolphins, as it stands today, isn't bad at all. Put any of the top 10 QB's on this team and the Dolphins are instantly in the SB mix. I like where the team is headed.

I'm a Henne supporter but will admit that the one missing piece on this team is a true franchise QB. The problem is, the options available this year in free agency and the draft weren't that great. None of them were really worth reaching for and at best were marginal upgrades over Henne. Orton would have been a repeat of the Fiedler years, the frustration of being OK but not great. You really want to invest long term in that?

I'll be the odd man out and say that I think we need to address RB and I'd like to see them resign Brown. I don't think a rookie and Bush can carry the load on their own. Bush was a great addition if they use him right but the team needs another experienced back that can fill the traditional RB role.

As for wide receivers, Ocho would have cost picks and I'm not sure how he'd react to our current QB situation and Braylon Edwards would be interesting but how much is he asking for? Plaxico? Pass on that. He's done.

Worst case senario: the defense is top 5 and we dominate the competition with superior field goal skills. And the dolphins win another one, 9 to 7.

so far have done nothing to make me think the offense will be improved

We'll probably pick up at least 1 more guy for the offense in the next few days...but also keep in mind that our new center is very likely to be an upgrade anywhere on the interior of the line, compared to last year, and Daniel Thomas is also a new face in there, a year after Ricky and Ronnie did a whole lot of nothing, as a whole.

We'll probably pick up at least 1 more guy for the offense in the next few days...but also keep in mind that our new center is very likely to be an upgrade anywhere on the interior of the line, compared to last year, and Daniel Thomas is also a new face in there, a year after Ricky and Ronnie did a whole lot of nothing, as a whole.

well ronnie did nothing but ricky was still pretty damn good at 4.2 yards a carry a half yard better than Brown.

In a word, no. The fact that we arent talking to Edwards or Miller is ****ing astounding to me, nd Im really starting to feel like not trading for Orton was a big mistake. Just saying it now, it could get real ugly real early for sparano nd co. with the pats nd texans kickin of the year... ****.

Back
Top Bottom