Are doing enough to improve the offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are doing enough to improve the offense?

we need a qb, number 2 wr, and a tightend. so far we have yet to address any of those.

there are some quality number 2 wideouts available such as edwards, floyd, etc, and yet we are not showing real interest in any of them.

we need to be more aggressive and address these issues.

I say fix the OL and we fix the Offense..that's the one area I'm stilled concerned about..the guys you guys addressed are all known commodities, i.e., B. Edwards, Orton, Burress, Miller, What we don't know is what a Clay, Gates, Daniels, Sheets, and Bush gives us..they're all speed guys..they could change the dynamics of this O by a 180 degrees..so we're all concerned..and I understand that. everyone wants known NFL proven commodities .. But I want to sew what we have first.. I know we get Garner back, we need to see if Jerry grows, and we only pick up one starting caliber OL in the draft..is that enough, I dont' know. I'm concern about our guards and maybe even a rookie center who didn't have a offseason to get seasoning.

I know we are just not in the right place when you have ronnie brown ricky williams and ahmad bradshaw still available...all better options than lex hilliard kory sheets reggie bush and daniel thomas..oh and nic grigsby...come on son...

Hate to be negative but must be realistic. If we have an above average QB I feel very comfortable with our offense. Right at this moment, with Henne as our starter, I have to admit I'm worried.

I have nothing against Hartline but the Kid is a 3rd or a 4th receiver at best he is not threat Marshall will be trippled covered all over again this season. Matt Moore is Garbage hope he gets cut. Im amazed we did not go after Sims Walkers Or Plax this guys are getting paid 3 million a year and we paid 5 millions to Moore for 2 years we could had saved that money and used it on Sims Walker. When will we learn? Now Edwards wants too much money I doubt we will get him and Zach Miller can be an option but with the short sight of this GM they might think we are set with the rookie. U want Henne to succed give him weapons Bush is not enough, Marshall and Bess is not enought to make a deep run to playoffs.

Its amazing that the Ireland doesn't go for a pass catching TE.Almost every team has one..Its a must these days..Am I wrong?

I know we are just not in the right place when you have ronnie brown ricky williams and ahmad bradshaw still available...all better options than lex hilliard kory sheets reggie bush and daniel thomas..oh and nic grigsby...come on son...

So you're comparing players who've played with new players who haven't..I don't know if the ones who've played are better than what we have, I do know they're more experienced, but that doesn't make them better.. We have players who need playing time..that's the only way we know what we have..I hear you guys talking about bring in the world as though there's no salary cap, or future salary cap..

This will once again be a very, very boring team to watch. All of the receivers and TE's are hot garbage except for Marshall and Bess (when he is in the slot). I was at today's practice and Hartline is completely useless when you play man coverage on him. He also dropped a couple of passes that were very catchable (same problem as last year). Gates looks like he is a looong way away from learning how to run precise pro routes. The offense will once again be among the worst in pro football.

I agree. WHAT are they thinking??
we need a qb, number 2 wr, and a tightend. so far we have yet to address any of thost

there are some quality number 2 wideouts available such as edwards, floyd, etc, and yet we are not showing real interest in any of them.

we need to be more aggressive and address these issues.

So you're comparing players who've played with new players who haven't..I don't know if the ones who've played are better than what we have, I do know they're more experienced, but that doesn't make them better.. We have players who need playing time..that's the only way we know what we have..I hear you guys talking about bring in the world as though there's no salary cap, or future salary cap..

its a difference in thinking...so your saying lets find out what we have...what im saying is lets go get what we know...and see if we can win with that...not the approach of lets see what we have and if they are no good then we can thrash em,upgrade next year in a losing effort.

its beyond me that we still havent 1 drafted a real tight end...2 signed a free agent capable tight end..instead we bring in fodders like we are gurus in developing tight ends...no. the thinking is all wrong...other teams are trying to win NOW...even if they wont...we are more like trying to make things work with what we have mentality...a big city big market like miami and we are just small thinkers.

Ill still cheer for miami but they have done nothing for my confidence in them...its sad

We've added theoretical speed, but that's it. We needed improvement from all skill positions, and all we can say is that maybe we have got it at running back and possibly wide receiver, but only if Reggie sees some time split out and Gates turns out to be good, which I'm skeptical about because we've had numerous mid round receivers (heck, even higher) that we're supposed to be good but weren't.

I'm shocked that we haven't brought in another veteran somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom