Are doing enough to improve the offense? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are doing enough to improve the offense?

The thing is that the FO is getting rid of all those jet killers and changing just those positions.And not adding to positions that were weak last year..Like TE,another WR and a new QB...They just replaced R&R and a few o linemen..

I personally think that the front office and Sporano have BPD (borderline performance disorder) and the symptoms will manifest themselves with another 7 and 9 record.

People here are too negative. We've gotten faster and any OC is better than Henning. I'm confident Daboll is going to be far more creative. We already had talent on the offense, they just weren't used right. I mean the WR core is pretty good. Marshall and Bess are great 1-2 punches. Now we got Gates who could develop into a deep threat. With people coming back from injury, the O-line should be back in good shape. I expect the interior line to be a lot better especially with Mike Pouncey now in the mix.

My only two questions are: Is Henne going to improve in a new offensive system and can Reggie handle being the franchise RB without getting hurt?

What if Reggie is hurt? What do we do then? That is my biggest concern. Even bigger than Henne. Henne has a winning record with a running game. He would have won more games in 2009 if he the defense didn't blow. If Henne plays better, this team can be dangerous with this top 5 defense.

I still think we could use a solid #2 deep threat like Moss or Edwards. Plus I really think we need another TE like Miller or Boss to compliment Fasano. Fasano is a solid TE who can catch and block very well, but he's slow and tends to disappear.

Sorry guys, but we're not ****ed. We're actually closer than you think.

People here are too negative. We've gotten faster and any OC is better than Henning. I'm confident Daboll is going to be far more creative. We already had talent on the offense, they just weren't used right. I mean the WR core is pretty good. Marshall and Bess are great 1-2 punches. Now we got Gates who could develop into a deep threat. With people coming back from injury, the O-line should be back in good shape. I expect the interior line to be a lot better especially with Mike Pouncey now in the mix.

My only two questions are: Is Henne going to improve in a new offensive system and can Reggie handle being the franchise RB without getting hurt?

What if Reggie is hurt? What do we do then? That is my biggest concern. Even bigger than Henne. Henne has a winning record with a running game. He would have won more games in 2009 if he the defense didn't blow. If Henne plays better, this team can be dangerous with this top 5 defense.

I still think we could use a solid #2 deep threat like Moss or Edwards. Plus I really think we need another TE like Miller or Boss to compliment Fasano. Fasano is a solid TE who can catch and block very well, but he's slow and tends to disappear.

Sorry guys, but we're not ****ed. We're actually closer than you think.

Yea same tune as last two seasons. We are unknown at runningback with little depth if our horse goes down. Unproven beyond our top two receivers. have a mediocre TE with little else behind it. Have a medicore qb with a just as medicore to worse qb backing him up, fullback is suspect, line is supect outside of long and even our kicker is suspect after being among the worst percentage wise last year. So yea we are close

We definitely have improved the offense, but I am not sure it meets your "done enough" criteria.

* Pouncey will improve the push in the rushing game at a minimum.
* Gates and Bush add speed to the offense.
* Thomas and Bush should be better than Ronnie and Ricky of last year. Ronnie and Ricky were awful last year.
* I expect Clay to add some unique talents by mid-season, but that is a guess.
* There is some hope that either Moore or Devlin will improve our backup QB slot
* I truly believe that Daboll will get more out of our offensive players than "He who shall not be named?" .

Those are the big problems. Those problems being that you're relying so much on rookies and relying on players with no Pro experience to speak of. And the other player is very injury prone with a history of playing very poorly on grass (his averages on grass are bottom of the barrel piss poor for the NFL).

The Dolphins have only hit on 50% of their picks in the first four rounds through the past 4 drafts. And many of the ones that did hit took over a year to get acclimated where you saw their potential.

new offensive coordinator + a new offense to learn that even our coach says will not be close to mastered by the start of the season + a lot of raw players with no Pro experience = not boding well for the dolphins this year.

The Dolphins seriously need to sign a couple of key free agents for the offense still, if they hope to not have a losing season. And I'm not talking about depth signings, but a couple of starters who are good and are difference makers. Because as it stands this dolphins team won't be any better than last year on the bottom line

Yea same tune as last two seasons. We are unknown at runningback with little depth if our horse goes down. Unproven beyond our top two receivers. have a mediocre TE with little else behind it. Have a medicore qb with a just as medicore to worse qb backing him up, fullback is suspect, line is supect outside of long and even our kicker is suspect after being among the worst percentage wise last year. So yea we are close

You're putting a negative spin on everything. RB is the easiest position in football to fill. If the interior line is creating holes, anyone can succeed. I think Hartline, Moore, and Wallace have proven to be solid WRs. Fasano is a solid TE, he's not mediocre. He's definitely not a play maker either. I like the Clay pick so we'll see where that goes. Henne is not a mediocre QB. He had a poor season but when he's had a run game like the other young QBs, he's been successful. FB is not suspect - that's just being overdramatic. The O-line is sort of suspect but people are returning from injuries.

We should have a solid offense. Nothing spectacular, but it's not going to be even close what we saw last year. That was just a disaster.

You're putting a negative spin on everything. RB is the easiest position in football to fill. If the interior line is creating holes, anyone can succeed. I think Hartline, Moore, and Wallace have proven to be solid WRs. Fasano is a solid TE, he's not mediocre. He's definitely not a play maker either. I like the Clay pick so we'll see where that goes. Henne is not a mediocre QB. He had a poor season but when he's had a run game like the other young QBs, he's been successful. FB is not suspect - that's just being overdramatic. The O-line is sort of suspect but people are returning from injuries.

If Rb is so damn easy to fill how come we have not had a consistent pro bowl rb since Larry Czonka left for the WFL in 74. So far Henne is medicore he is damn sure not average. Polite was not good at all last year. Who is returning from injuries that is a proven olineman. Moore and Wallace have proved nothing I mean cmon, i will give u hartline

If Rb is so damn easy to fill how come we have not had a consistent pro bowl rb since Larry Czonka left for the WFL in 74. So far Henne is medicore he is damn sure not average. Polite was not good at all last year. Who is returning from injuries that is a proven olineman. Moore and Wallace have proved nothing I mean cmon, i will give u hartline

So you're telling me Miami has been a poor running team for over 30 years? Henne has not been mediocre IMO. I think he's been average for a young QB. Losing Garner was a big blow. I think Wallace and Moore are solid. Plus you never know if the undrafted rookies can make an impact. I'm just saying I think the offense suffered more because of the system than the actual pieces.

Henne has not been mediocre IMO. I think he's been average for a young QB

what do you think mediocre means ?

I think Wallace and Moore are solid

They are not solid at all. what are you smoking they're not even close to starting material in the nfl.. Both of them have many weaknesses and they are closer to garbage than anything solid.

Plus you never know if the undrafted rookies can make an impact. .

but you can say that about ANY team in ANY year. Whats making the dolphins better in that department ? A lot of what you post is just wishful thinking and pom-pom waving like a cheerleader, without any sense of being objective. when its been proven many times that the road the dolphins have shown with their moves don't help matters the following year

So Henne is mediocre? Henne cost us every game last year? He just a waste of space? It's nobody's fault but his? I think Henning's "Pennington style" offense and Sparano benching him for Pennington ruined Henne's confidence. He should have taken responsibility for ruining the offensive line and not improving the TE position. Henne was put into a position to fail.

I saw some good things from Moore last year. Wallace looked kind of lost out there but did they ever use him in the end zone? I always thought he would have been a red zone target with his size. That's just me. We'll agree to disagree.

This is wishful thinking, but the WR core is good enough to win games. It's not mediocre or suspect. We added speed to it so let's see where it goes. It's all up to Henne whether he improves or not. He should with a decent OC. Anyone is better than Henning.

In all truth my biggest worry is Long being put on the PUP, I mean everything else fades into insignificance if our best offensive lineman misses any time. Be it Henne, Moore, Orton or Devlin behind centre, without Long on the blindside they are in trouble. Add to that a running game that struggled last year is not going to get any better with Long missing and a rookie starting being spelled by a man made of glass.

In my opinion, we need to bring in another back (maybe resign Ronnie or Ricky) for some proven depth and look at adding another TE, even though I like Fasano. But, as I said if Long does miss time we are in trouble, I do not like the idea of going into week 1 versus Haynesworth and Wilfork with Murtha at LT and a rookie at C.

In all truth my biggest worry is Long being put on the PUP, I mean everything else fades into insignificance if our best offensive lineman misses any time. Be it Henne, Moore, Orton or Devlin behind centre, without Long on the blindside they are in trouble. Add to that a running game that struggled last year is not going to get any better with Long missing and a rookie starting being spelled by a man made of glass.

In my opinion, we need to bring in another back (maybe resign Ronnie or Ricky) for some proven depth and look at adding another TE, even though I like Fasano. But, as I said if Long does miss time we are in trouble, I do not like the idea of going into week 1 versus Haynesworth and Wilfork with Murtha at LT and a rookie at C.

Yup we need another TE and hope to God Long will be fine for week 1.

I can't believe we aren't big contenders for Zach Miller. a 2 TE set would be nice. And what if Fasano goes down with injury? We're screwed there. And we should at least bring Ricky back to help.

So you're telling me Miami has been a poor running team for over 30 years? Henne has not been mediocre IMO. I think he's been average for a young QB. Losing Garner was a big blow. I think Wallace and Moore are solid. Plus you never know if the undrafted rookies can make an impact. I'm just saying I think the offense suffered more because of the system than the actual pieces.

I never said we have been a poor running team for the last thirty years I said we have not had a consistently good back since larry Czonka left. U say its so easy to get a stud runningback and where has that stud been for us. Henne in his third year regressed, can he be better hopefully so. If Henne has been average then Ryan has been brilliant beyond belief lol.

Your making a lot of assumptions about who they are or were interested in, have contacted and what they still might do?

The current roster of the Miami Dolphins, as it stands today, isn't bad at all. Put any of the top 10 QB's on this team and the Dolphins are instantly in the SB mix. I like where the team is headed.

I'm a Henne supporter but will admit that the one missing piece on this team is a true franchise QB. The problem is, the options available this year in free agency and the draft weren't that great. None of them were really worth reaching for and at best were marginal upgrades over Henne. Orton would have been a repeat of the Fiedler years, the frustration of being OK but not great. You really want to invest long term in that?

I'll be the odd man out and say that I think we need to address RB and I'd like to see them resign Brown. I don't think a rookie and Bush can carry the load on their own. Bush was a great addition if they use him right but the team needs another experienced back that can fill the traditional RB role.

As for wide receivers, Ocho would have cost picks and I'm not sure how he'd react to our current QB situation and Braylon Edwards would be interesting but how much is he asking for? Plaxico? Pass on that. He's done.

Worst case senario: the defense is top 5 and we dominate the competition with superior field goal skills. And the dolphins win another one, 9 to 7.

i agree with you i like what we have on defence and on offence .But we need another wr if marshall gose down or off field problems ocho would have cost us a 5th rounder and imo is worth it and besides he said more than once he wanted to come here and play and i agree we need another rb to go with RB and rookie thomas we are very close to competeing for a championship but if we cant find another QB then i say we need to sign edwards bring ricky back for a year and pickup miller and i think we would be in real good shape and if henne pans out we will have one hell of a team

Back
Top Bottom