Are doing enough to improve the offense? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are doing enough to improve the offense?

I think im going to take a poster to the practice tomorrow that says "Go Get Zach Miller"

well u are either a glass half full or a half glass empty guy. Me im a that friggin glass is broken guy lol

We definitely have improved the offense, but I am not sure it meets your "done enough" criteria.

* Pouncey will improve the push in the rushing game at a minimum.
* Gates and Bush add speed to the offense.
* Thomas and Bush should be better than Ronnie and Ricky of last year. Ronnie and Ricky were awful last year.
* I expect Clay to add some unique talents by mid-season, but that is a guess.
* There is some hope that either Moore or Devlin will improve our backup QB slot
* I truly believe that Daboll will get more out of our offensive players than "He who shall not be named?"

I expect these chages are worth at least an average of 4 pts per game. I expect the improvements we have made on the defense and one more year of experience for the secondary should reduce the points allowed by three point per game. If you add the improvements to the defense, then the offensive improvements may be enough for 10 to 11 wins. This is all speculation, but there is legitimate hope that we have a winnning season.

I think Malcom Floyd would be a good pickup for us. He is a big body and a deep threat and would compliment Brandon Marshall very well. Plus he would be alot cheaper than Braylon Edwards.

I think Malcom Floyd would be a good pickup for us. He is a big body and a deep threat and would compliment Brandon Marshall very well. Plus he would be alot cheaper than Braylon Edwards.

Floyd is still out there because he hasn't made himself cheaper than Braylon. Ultimately he'll go for a lot less than he wants but he's not the easy sign that you think he is.

We've done next to nothing to fix the offensive side. It's mind boggling really. We have one of the worse offenses in the league so our big "changes" are bringing in a rookie C, who's likely playing out of positon and bringing in a back-up RB and QB. I'm sure a rookie lineman, 3rd down back and a rookie Wr, who'll likely see limited reps is going to make a huuuuge difference. The coaching staff/front office should've been replaced last season, now we'll have to start all over next off-season after another lackluster 6-8 win season. Or we'll continue to ride the mediocrity train with Sparano. This gives me deja vu big time. Good young defense, incompetent head coach, no QB, stupid off-season moves. Anybody have a guess?

Back
Top Bottom