Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc?

No they aren’t. If there is one thing Grier and the front office have always done well with is the cap management. You might see a Tyreek restructure this off-season, though.

We still have plenty of draft picks. Breathe deeply.

We’ll create the cap flexibility we need, too.

OP brings up a valid concern IMO. I'm a bit envious of how the Jets have improved their team the more sustainable way(young talent acquired through the draft). But on that note, they seemed to have missed on the all important position, QB, whereas we look to be in great shape in that regard! We need help on defensive side of the ball (dbs, lbs, edge rusher) and offensive side of the ball (TE, Oline) in the coming drafts, hopefully we can patch it together in '23 with free agent acquisitions, and build this team the right way moving forward. Once Tua and waddle need new contracts, the cap is going to get hit hard.

After the Chubb contract there is $521,000 available next year with only 35 players under contract.

They need money to sign 18 players next year through the daft and FA. They will have no running backs under contract next season too.

The only players that the team will benefit by cutting is Crossen and Carter because they do not have a cap hit but they will only save the Dolphins 5.6 million.

They will have some tough decision to make heading into 2023. They will have to restructure contracts which will just end up kicking the problem down the road and obviously, they will be giving those players more guaranteed money in order to get these contracts restructured.

I don’t like the way they have rebuilt this team, I would have preferred they did it like the Jets through the draft. We will see if Grier’s way works out or not.

After the Chubb contract there is $521,000 available next year with only 35 players under contract.
No

Then why do we have their best lineman? It all comes due.
I was kidding; see laughing emoji. It was a poke at those who always say such things and use the saints as an example at least until they turned into a mess.

Amazon Video Sam GIF by Red Oaks

i say let the people who get paid, worry about the cap... just enjoy the season thats in front of you as a fan. go fins go !!!

Remember when the "window" for the Rams closed after they lost the Super Bowl a few years ago? Good teams will keep finding ways to improve their roster

I was feeling this crazy desperation watching this game like 2022 is SO 'now or Never' as to render the future a mediocrity wasteland.

How many picks do we have over the next 3 years?

Are we staring down a 'Cap Hell' situation?

These 2 things.

I feel like I can enjoy this season more if Im more assured that 'we'll be ok' and be able to contend in 2023.

Im definitely asking in here.
Not declaring.
Cmon man. Just enjoy the ride. We are winning. No one knows what will happen in the future. We can always get more picks

Back
Top Bottom