Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc?

I was feeling this crazy desperation watching this game like 2022 is SO 'now or Never' as to render the future a mediocrity wasteland.

How many picks do we have over the next 3 years?

Are we staring down a 'Cap Hell' situation?

These 2 things.

I feel like I can enjoy this season more if Im more assured that 'we'll be ok' and be able to contend in 2023.

Im definitely asking in here.
Not declaring.
Tua Hill Waddle...no

McDaniel better get his **** together when it comes to clock management and not wasting time outs. He also needs to call a more consistent game. He was great for the first three quarters today but terrible in the 4th quarter. He went away from what was working so good and it almost cost them the game.
Meh, Tua missed a short completion for a first down and then the underthrow to Waddle. I am not bashing Tua at all, but those 2 plays significantly effected how our 4th quarter turned out. In this situation, it was on field execution and not play calling that led to no points in the 4th.

Meh, Tua missed a short completion for a first down and then the underthrow to Waddle. I am not bashing Tua at all, but those 2 plays significantly effected how our 4th quarter turned out. In this situation, it was on field execution and not play calling that led to no points in the 4th.
They lost right? No? Oh...so Tua didn't pad his stats enough?

They lost right? No? Oh...so Tua didn't pad his stats enough?
What are you talking about? I was replying to a post that said the play calling wasn't good in the 4th. The play calling was fine, we just missed a couple plays that derailed promising drives. I thought Tua played a hell of a game, but he definitely missed those 2 passes.

McDaniel better get his **** together when it comes to clock management and not wasting time outs. He also needs to call a more consistent game. He was great for the first three quarters today but terrible in the 4th quarter. He went away from what was working so good and it almost cost them the game.

I'm not going to throw McD to the wolves 1/2 way thru his 1st season. Are there things he needs to improve? Sure.

If he is still inconsistent w/ in game management & playcalling next yr at this time then I might raise a yellow flag. He, however IMO is not arrogant/stubborn like Wildeyes or Flo.

That said, the things that need to be worked on starting now IMO thru kickoff 2023 are the D & finding the right personnel for LG, RG, & RT.

The Dolphins are building the way you need to build in today’s NFL. Go all out when you have a good QB who is still on a rookie deal. Eventually, you’re going to have to pay that QB and it will limit your flexibility.

Grier has done a truly masterful job building this roster, now we just need to play like it (we played like **** yesterday). We have a 3 year Superbowl window. After 2024 everything changes, and this is not a coincidence. Getting Chubb was the final piece, this is now more or less a finished product and it is an excellent one but still much room for growth, particularly from the coaching staff.

For the next 3 years (including this one) the offensive line is set. Is it a great offensive line no, but it is very much adequate so long as Armstead stays healthy. The QB position is set with the 5th year option in 2024, and the elite WR corps is set with Waddle's contract expiring after 2024. We will probably lose Gesicki which is a bummer and the RB's aren't under contract, but these are not major issues.

On defense the line looks great, although Chubb made a critical error on the missed sack on Fields but he should learn from that and aim for the waist next time. Phillips also made a lot of mistakes but Boyer isn't helping very much, Boyer has been terrible all season and may need to be replaced if this continues, he could easily ruin our season. The LB's are weak but that's OK, so were the Rams last year and many recent SB winners. The secondary has been really disappointing this season but if/when we get Byron back that should help significantly.

The team is very much flawed as is every current NFL team, but Grier has done everything he can to make this team extremely competitive. It's now up to these guys to play much better than they did on Sunday because that was a **** performance all around yesterday against a bad football team. We are much more talented than we played yesterday and really have been playing all season. This team has Superbowl potential this season now that we added Chubb which is what makes it a great deal for us. Only thing left to do is prove it on the football field, Tua we can't have anymore of those bullshit underthrows, you're better than that and we need you to be.

Last edited:
Ya those two throws didn't help but McDaniel still should have called a better game in the 4th quarter. A perfect example was on the drive towards the end of the game when he ran it on 1st and 2nd down to set up the 3rd and 11 where Tua underthrew it to Waddle. He should have had Tua throw it on 1st or 2nd down at least. Things like that is where he needs to get better.

Last edited:
OP brings up a valid concern IMO. I'm a bit envious of how the Jets have improved their team the more sustainable way(young talent acquired through the draft). But on that note, they seemed to have missed on the all important position, QB, whereas we look to be in great shape in that regard! We need help on defensive side of the ball (dbs, lbs, edge rusher) and offensive side of the ball (TE, Oline) in the coming drafts, hopefully we can patch it together in '23 with free agent acquisitions, and build this team the right way moving forward. Once Tua and waddle need new contracts, the cap is going to get hit hard.
Jets envy is a real concern.

Multiple Super Bowl teams including a victory… is 10000x “worth it”

I'm not against what they did at all. The goal is to win a championship, you can't win multiple without first winning one.

The bottom is going to fall out for them eventually though i think.

OP brings up a valid concern IMO. I'm a bit envious of how the Jets have improved their team the more sustainable way(young talent acquired through the draft). But on that note, they seemed to have missed on the all important position, QB, whereas we look to be in great shape in that regard! We need help on defensive side of the ball (dbs, lbs, edge rusher) and offensive side of the ball (TE, Oline) in the coming drafts, hopefully we can patch it together in '23 with free agent acquisitions, and build this team the right way moving forward. Once Tua and waddle need new contracts, the cap is going to get hit hard.
True. Our big year where we had three 1st rounders we walked away with Tua, Jackson, and Igbo. They got Sauce, Garret Wilson, and Jermaine Johnson (plus Breece Hall early 2nd, tho we got Hunt in the same range)

It’s looking like they actually hit on all their picks. We definitely didn’t. But when it comes to the franchise QB each team drafted our guy is leading the league in most statistics while they have Zach Wilson.

Long story short… we win

Grier has done a truly masterful job building this roster, now we just need to play like it (we played like **** yesterday). We have a 3 year Superbowl window. After 2024 everything changes, and this is not a coincidence. Getting Chubb was the final piece, this is now more or less a finished product and it is an excellent one but still much room for growth, particularly from the coaching staff.

For the next 3 years (including this one) the offensive line is set. Is it a great offensive line no, but it is very much adequate so long as Armstead stays healthy. The QB position is set with the 5th year option in 2024, and the elite WR corps is set with Waddle's contract expiring after 2024. We will probably lose Gesicki which is a bummer and the RB's aren't under contract, but these are not major issues.

On defense the line looks great, although Chubb made a critical error on the missed sack on Fields but he should learn from that and aim for the waist next time. Phillips also made a lot of mistakes but Boyer isn't helping very much, Boyer has been terrible all season and may need to be replaced if this continues, he could easily ruin our season. The LB's are weak but that's OK, so were the Rams last year and many recent SB winners. The secondary has been really disappointing this season but if/when we get Byron back that should help significantly.

The team is very much flawed as is every current NFL team, but Grier has done everything he can to make this team extremely competitive. It's now up to these guys to play much better than they did on Sunday because that was a **** performance all around yesterday against a bad football team. We are much more talented than we played yesterday and really have been playing all season. This team has Superbowl potential this season now that we added Chubb which is what makes it a great deal for us. Only thing left to do is prove it on the football field, Tua we can't have anymore of those bullshit underthrows, you're better than that and we need you to be.

I've been as critical as anyone of Grier, but you are correct he's done a great job building the roster.

Aslong as the Tua and McDaniel relationship continues to develop and grow i don't think we will ever be too far out of contention. McDaniel won't be 40 until march and has so much more he can learn and implement into his playcalling, the sky is the limit for him. Andy Reid learned the air raid offense in his late 50s/early 60s.

Back
Top Bottom