Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins 'In Trouble' in '23, '24, etc?

Grier has done a truly masterful job building this roster, now we just need to play like it (we played like **** yesterday). We have a 3 year Superbowl window. After 2024 everything changes, and this is not a coincidence. Getting Chubb was the final piece, this is now more or less a finished product and it is an excellent one but still much room for growth, particularly from the coaching staff.

For the next 3 years (including this one) the offensive line is set. Is it a great offensive line no, but it is very much adequate so long as Armstead stays healthy. The QB position is set with the 5th year option in 2024, and the elite WR corps is set with Waddle's contract expiring after 2024. We will probably lose Gesicki which is a bummer and the RB's aren't under contract, but these are not major issues.

On defense the line looks great, although Chubb made a critical error on the missed sack on Fields but he should learn from that and aim for the waist next time. Phillips also made a lot of mistakes but Boyer isn't helping very much, Boyer has been terrible all season and may need to be replaced if this continues, he could easily ruin our season. The LB's are weak but that's OK, so were the Rams last year and many recent SB winners. The secondary has been really disappointing this season but if/when we get Byron back that should help significantly.

The team is very much flawed as is every current NFL team, but Grier has done everything he can to make this team extremely competitive. It's now up to these guys to play much better than they did on Sunday because that was a **** performance all around yesterday against a bad football team. We are much more talented than we played yesterday and really have been playing all season. This team has Superbowl potential this season now that we added Chubb which is what makes it a great deal for us. Only thing left to do is prove it on the football field, Tua we can't have anymore of those bullshit underthrows, you're better than that and we need you to be.
By 2024, the only linemen under contract, will be Armstead and Eich, thats it. I dont think they will want to pay Jackson’s 5th year.

They will lose Williams and Hunt in 2024, if not resigned.

I was feeling this crazy desperation watching this game like 2022 is SO 'now or Never' as to render the future a mediocrity wasteland.

How many picks do we have over the next 3 years?

Are we staring down a 'Cap Hell' situation?

These 2 things.

I feel like I can enjoy this season more if Im more assured that 'we'll be ok' and be able to contend in 2023.

Im definitely asking in here.
Not declaring.

If this team gets on a roll, and things come together for a SB...Expect between 2023 to 2033 to see Miami in the thick of things each year.

Multiple Superbowls in that time frame would not be that hard to believe.

We are clearly in a win now mode and that is fantastic imo. Yes, somewhat concerning what future cap space, picks, etc might look like but as long as we play up to the talent we have and get SB in the mean time that is perfectly fine by me. Worry about the future then and enjoy how we are performing, now.

By 2024, the only linemen under contract, will be Armstead and Eich, thats it. I dont think they will want to pay Jackson’s 5th year.

They will lose Williams and Hunt in 2024, if not resigned.

Williams and Hunt will not break the bank.

What are you talking about? I was replying to a post that said the play calling wasn't good in the 4th. The play calling was fine, we just missed a couple plays that derailed promising drives. I thought Tua played a hell of a game, but he definitely missed those 2 passes.
Ok...my point was it didn't matter

If the Browns can field a team around Deshawn Watsons big guaranteed contract and loss of draft pics, I think Miami will be OK

Back
Top Bottom