Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jets' fans constantly drunk or just plain stupid?

Tony Sparano made an interesting comment this week about Henne.. He said "Henne is being developed properly.." developed properly. That is the key. desperate teams put rookies in key positions hoping for a miracle. Look how long it took for Peyton Manning to develop?

The Jets made a mistake with Sanchez He has the weight of a franchise on his shoulders in one of the worst pressure cities in the league. Fans will eat him alive.

Henne has been flying under the radar. I guarantee that Atlanta, Baltimore, and New York would love to have a guy like Henne behind center. He would be in the pro bowl talk with receivers they have.

Im not saying Sanchez won't to develop into a great QB, he certainly has moxie.. but the pressure does wear on you eventually.

Henne has none of it. He can just do what comes naturally.. and that is play ball.

Henne knows a litttle about pressure and has reaaly been groomed all along with pressure at Michigan I agree Henne appears to have Moxie in spades..., but to say Henne has no pressure or no expectations from FO, players, media & fans is inaccurate

You might as well debate about Manning and Brady.

of course we know Manning is a better QB and Henne will become a better QB.

We'll see what happens in the coming years w/ Sanchez vs. henne, I hope Sanchez turns into a Brady type and Henne a Manning type b/c then we'll be winning real Championships and you'll be winning fantasy Championships.

We'll see what happens in the coming years w/ Sanchez vs. henne, I hope Sanchez turns into a Brady type and Henne a Manning type b/c then we'll be winning real Championships and you'll be winning fantasy Championships.

I know I agree but the difference will be the D!

Miami will have a better D in years to come and be a complete team, more like the Pats in the early 00’s.

Plus Miami already runs the ball better then the Colts so Henne only has to be as good as Phil Simms and will never need to put up the numbers Manning did.

I can not wait!

That can be arranged, for a 3rd round draft pick id be willing get to send the Jets a collection of video cameras. Throw in a 4th and ill show them which fire alarms to pull in the opposing teams hotel.
I mean, if they are willing to throw draft picks around, they might as well share with the entire class, right?

Do you guys wacth football? To say it's not debateable is as asinine as it gets. Henne has played better but he's also had a year to sit and watch.

Don't just look at the #s, 12 of sanchez's INts came in 3 games, he's had 3 awful games about has played well in his other 9 games.

Ths debate will go on for YEARS, both guys LOOK like they are capable of being really good NFL QBs.

Stop being homers for just one minute please.

(obviously this isn't directed at everyone who replied)

Its a interesting discussion with both sides having intriguing differences, and one ive discussed with the few Jets fans around here(the ones i havent secretly plotted to toss into traffic). Granted, part of my willingness to discuss it is that extremely petty feeling of smugness i get over watching them cringe and admit that Henne is playing better.

That being said both sides have valid points, and it raises many questions about "is experience is more important than supporting talent".

I dont think its so much as homers(bumping up our own guy), as much as dolfans taking any chance to laugh at the hype a rival got(same reason why we were literally foaming at the mouth after we beat the Patriots and the media declared them in trouble). Both teams have young QB's and will always been compaired against one another, Trent Edwards would be in this exact same position if he wasnt hiding under his teams bench curled up in a fetal position mumbling to himself "please stop sacking me....please stop sacking me" in a state of shellshock.

I know I agree but the difference will be the D!

Miami will have a better D in years to come and be a complete team, more like the Pats in the early 00’s.

Plus Miami already runs the ball better then the Colts so Henne only has to be as good as Phil Simms and will never need to put up the numbers Manning did.

I can not wait!

Huh? what gives you the idea Miami will have the better D? Not only is our D more talented(and the hope is we get more talented) but we have one of the best defensive minds in the game running the D.

Miami runs more than the Colts, manning has always had really good RBs they just rely too much on the pass.

I think BOTH of our teams are set up for bright futures, I think we'll be battling for 1st place alot over the next few years.

LOL How exactly is the Jets defense more talented then the Dolphins? Aside from the secondary slightly (simply because of Revis)? I don't see it.

And Vontae Davis and Sean Smith will close that gap very soon as the grow up. They're just babies right now...

the answer to are they drunk or stupid. Its a trick question because the answer is both.

i love how junc doesnt count bad games, i really do...

LOL How exactly is the Jets defense more talented then the Dolphins? Aside from the secondary slightly (simply because of Revis)? I don't see it.

And Vontae Davis and Sean Smith will close that gap very soon as the grow up. They're just babies right now...

Revis is probably the best corner in football, no one on either team dominates like him.

If your D is so good why are they nowhere near the Jets in terms of points allowed and yards allowed?

i love how junc doesnt count bad games, i really do...

They count but his 3 bad games have been brutally bad and they really skew his #s. He's played like a near 90 rating QB for 75% of the year but the 25% was so bad that it really skews his overall #s.

They count but his 3 bad games have been brutally bad and they really skew his #s. He's played like a near 90 rating QB for 75% of the year but the 25% was so bad that it really skews his overall #s.

you could also say when he's on he's on, but when things don't go well he can't fight back. not saying that's the case, but the numbers support that notion.

you could also say when he's on he's on, but when things don't go well he can't fight back. not saying that's the case, but the numbers support that notion.

He did fight back in all 3 though, after falling behind 17-0 at NO we got to w/in 17-10 and he threw a backbreaking INT. vs. Buffalo if not for a holding call we win that game and at NE we got it to 24-14 and again had the ball at midfield and he turned it over. He's also battled back each week after a bad game so the poor play hasn't lingered. I think that is a great sign.

If your D is so good why are they nowhere near the Jets in terms of points allowed and yards allowed?

#s.

well if we take out the defense's three worst games against the vaunted saints offense, the colts and chargers which really skewed the numbers than.....

Back
Top Bottom