Are our WR really this fast??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are our WR really this fast???

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
(On if he’s concerned about the speed at wide receiver) -- “We feel David Boston is a 4.4 and we feel Chris Chambers is a 4.3. So we have two very good speed receivers. Derrius (Thompson) isn’t as fast. Snoop Minnis came in and then ran very well, faster than he did coming out of college. But he has excellent quickness and he’s going to be competing with Sam Simmons in the slot. So we feel we do have some speed outside, especially with Boston and Chambers as our front liners.â€Â

I know Boston was a 4.4 guy but Chambers is faster than him at 4.3??? You think this is real or is Spielman blowing smoke???

Looks like Minnis will be a make or break guy for us this year. I really liked watching him in Kansas City. He strikes me as a big play 3rd down back with good speed. If Chambers, Boston and Minnis can gel as a unit we'll be in good shape with our passing game.

That is nothing new. CC has always been fast and the 40 time RS used is consistent with the times reported in the past.

TSN had an article about speed around 5 yrs ago that I can't find anywhere to save my soul. Basically, what it said was that when ben Johnson lost his gold medal due to steroid use in the Olympics, they had figured out and equated that his 40 meter split time at the 40 was around 4.29 sec. They went on to say that if a world class sprinter, on steroids, mind you, on one of the fastest tracks [not grass] with the world's most sophisticated timing equipment, etc., ran a 4.29/40, it was seriously doubted that any football players would come close. They said som'n like the fastest NFL players would actually run maybe a 4.4. I often think of that article when speed related things come up. Who knows for sure tho?

Did you ever watch Chambers run with the ball (think of his third TD in the Dallas game)? He made people look like they were in slow motion. Not only is he a 4.3 guy, but that is speed that translates intop football speed as well. Unlike a lot of other guys that run fats 40 times, but look slow on the field.

As for Boston, hes meant to be one of the most dangerous guys after the catch in the league. Hes big AND fast.

He's not blowing smoke. The year Jamar and Chris were drafted, the coaching staff said those two were the fast on the team.

They are going to be dynamic. I still cant believe DB runs a 4.4 and is a jacked 230-240 lbs :eek: . That is just UNREAL and I cant believe we got him for such a steal. I was pissed when the charges got him last year despite his big $$ and we didn't even have his WR coach yet. Now that we have said coach we got DB for a 6th rounder (oh and fletcher :shakeno: ) WITH an incentive based deal. That is incredible. Great job flat top!!!

I read that article as well. I thought it was pretty dumb, because running 100 is much different then running a 40.

Don't understand then why so many articles I've read keep saying Miami could have used a speedy 3rd WR in the draft to compliment CC and DB...if the stats are true they are already fast...why or how could we need/want someone faster than 4.3 and 4.4??? If anything a taller (like 6'3"+) hands guy would be better fit.

Well keep in mind that in most of those sprints the winner doesnt really pull away until about 60-70yds into the race. At about 40yds they all seem to be neck to neck.

McKnight was the fastest on the roster last year, running a 4.3 consistently. However, the guy just couldn't catch that well or run his routes perfect. That said, Boston IS a 4.4 guy even with his immense size as a WR and CC is a consistent 4.4 guy as well. I know Wanny or Rick said he's a 4.3 guy in some transcript over the weekend but I've never seen numbers to support that.

This is enough for me.

When Lee Evans was asked who is faster, him or his former teammate Chris Chambers, Evans admitted it was Chambers.

Wow.

Back
Top Bottom