Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday?

I think some folks are letting the “88% chance of making the playoffs” get them a little too comfortable

we might have the most scenarios available that get us into the playoffs, however the majority of those scenarios are highly unlikely

just bc we have the most means of entry, doesn’t mean they are the most likely to happen

For instance Indy only has 3 chances to make it.

- Indy W + Miami loss
- Indy W + Cleveland loss
- Indy W + Baltimore loss

that’s it barring the crazy ties and what not. That’s only 3 paths to make it, but all are more likely than what we are facing

Indy plays Jacksonville Sunday.

I want to believe the Dolphins will win the game just like they upset NE last year on the road to spoil their opportunity at home field in the playoffs but this Buffalo team just looks so darn unstoppable. We need a "Mahomesian" effort at the QB position just to compete. I'm cautiously optimistic but scared as hell all at the same time. Finsup!!!

Well at least it will be kind of mild up here. Tuas first taste of the cold and rain. His huge mitts should help him greatly. Also, our defense should excel in this crap weather, it's going to be fun to watch.

1609428420111.png

Buffalo is the better team at this point but that doesn't mean we can't win the game. We don't know how long they'll play their starters but really, we need to play mistake free with no turnovers in order to have a chance up there. Also, no wasted chances like we did in the KC game. When we have a chance to score then we need to score. We can't expect our defense to keep us in the game every week.

I think we have to win Sunday to make it. I expect no help from the other games.

We can beat the Bills...need a plan to contain Allen and dont let Diggs go off; generate some TOs to give our offense short fields and the O has to get points from the opps. Bills are playing well now though so we'll have to have a really good game.
Got to punch them in the face right from the get go. Make them pay for playing their starters. Even if you are getting beat, they need to be very physical. I’ll have no problem with a couple of borderline late hits.

I think we have to win Sunday to make it. I expect no help from the other games.

We can beat the Bills...need a plan to contain Allen and dont let Diggs go off; generate some TOs to give our offense short fields and the O has to get points from the opps. Bills are playing well now though so we'll have to have a really good game.
If you frustrate Josh Allen for a bit, he gets reckless and can make some head-scratching plays. If they get off to a fast jump, like score on their first 2 drives, its over.

Game Plan: Stop RPO.

Fire off the edge attacking the QB at the mesh point with inside shoulder

Eliminating QB pulling it out and running or passing as the QB will be hit every time

Explode QB every time and they will pull Allen

Also, Keep contain. DO NOT let Allen escape and roll to his right. He is destroying teams with that. Force him to his left and gear coverage to exploit him rolling left

Allen is prone to trying to chuck the ball across the field going to his left

I will tell you that I was worried about the Raiders game, both fighting for a playoff spot, they had 10 days to prepared, we did not know which QB was playing, they beat Chiefs and lost a close one against them, they seem to play as good or bad as their opponent, we were playing a team fighting for a playoff spot at their Stadium.
Now we are playing a team that is playing for what? Against a team that is fighting for a playoff spot?
For the Dolphins is a playoff game, for the Bills it is another game.
Bills would be crazy to play the starters or play them for more than a quarter, they already lost a receiver in the last game played, and that game was already won by the Bills.
If I was on the other side, I would not play my regulars and prepared for the playoffs.

I want to believe the Dolphins will win the game just like they upset NE last year on the road to spoil their opportunity at home field in the playoffs but this Buffalo team just looks so darn unstoppable. We need a "Mahomesian" effort at the QB position just to compete. I'm cautiously optimistic but scared as hell all at the same time. Finsup!!!
no, we need a very good running game and a QB that is not going to make mistakes and delivered in the red zone

Back
Top Bottom