Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday?

Sadly...If I was betting man I don’t like our situation.

Pittsburgh beating Cleveland is our best chance.

I hope we have a game plan that can beat Buffalo...
Yes, I agree. I've made my picks for the week and it doesn't look good for us. There are always upsets and I'd prefer to lose some money but have Fins in the playoffs.

I'm not sure that Cleveland is a lock... I know they were short WRs last week, but they stunk it up, and Mayfield has a Fitz like propensity to run hot and cold. If Pittsburgh can stop their running game... Cleveland can be beaten.

I'm watching these Knuckleheads on ESPN and they all unanimously have the Dolphins as the odd team out with the Bills on a Super Bowl Run (Losing in the AFC Championship to the Chiefs) and the other three teams, Cleveland, Baltimore and Indy all winning with the Fins obviously losing this Sunday. I know that these "professionals" are often wrong but I'm getting more and more nervous listening to them as the game gets closer and closer.......Do you have faith that the Dolphins have the talent to overcome the odds to win in Buffalo??? Look at it objectively.....
As a bills fan these national media guys are all dumb.

The dolphins are gonna win. They seem to ignore most of the starters wont play and the fact thag Miami has one hell of a defense if they were.

As a bills fan these national media guys are all dumb.

The dolphins are gonna win. They seem to ignore most of the starters wont play and the fact thag Miami has one hell of a defense if they were.
I believe Allen is either 6-0 or 7-0 against top 10 passing defenses and they figured out they shouldn’t run months ago. If the starters play...Defense doesn’t stop them. They’ve become one of the “have to outscored them” teams. Don’t feel that confident in a short passing attack and running the ball doing it. They manage to keep the ball a ton and run clock despite not running. I believe they have the most touchdown drives of 10 or more plays...and I know they’re the second team to ever get at least 20 first downs in every game ( 2012 Pats were the other). And their D has been pretty darn good itself the second half of the season.

backups please

I believe Allen is either 6-0 or 7-0 against top 10 passing defenses and they figured out they shouldn’t run months ago. If the starters play...Defense doesn’t stop them. They’ve become one of the “have to outscored them” teams. Don’t feel that confident in a short passing attack and running the ball doing it. And their D has been pretty darn good itself the second half of the season.

backups please

I'll never forget one of the early opportunities the bills had to end the drought they just had to beat the steelers third stringers and would make it in.

They lost.

I wouldnt wish that on anyone so for you guys outside of Sunday I hope that doesnt happen

I mean it’s certainly possible as it has happened before. But man...did you see his game against Pitt? They threw everything at him. He took a beating in the first half. He couldn’t get anything going. And he just waited for it to open up and they clobbered the you know what out of them in the second half. He wasn’t playing fast and loose with happy feet. He just...figured it out. I thought it was honestly more impressive than any of his 4 TD games this year.
Yeah but if Allen takes a beating in the first half in this game, I don't think the coach will keep him in the game. As nice as a no 2 seed is, it's not so much different from no.3 that it's worth risking the franchise qb getting hurt. A hobbled Allen drastically reduces the bills super bowl chances more so than the bills being a no.3 seed instead of no.2. Yes the bills will have some fans, but home field is still different this year than the past plus only bye is for no.1 seed and that's locked down by chiefs

I think the Bills play their starters at least a half, maybe 3 qtrs. If they see Allen getting hit, they'll pull him earlier.

The general vibe around Buffalo is that we're either not playing most of our starters or just playing them for a series or two like we did last year in a meaningless season finale against the Jets. Assuming you can beat our backups (never a sure thing as they're hungry to prove themselves), you should win easily.

I'm sure the injury to Beasley last week in garbage time and the injury to GB's tackle today only solidified McDermott's decision to rest our starters. We pry get the number two seed regardless considering the Steelers are starting Santa's head reindeer.

It would be fun to play each other at full strength though as both our defenses have improved dramatically since our first match up. Although, we didn't have Edmunds or Milano for that game if I remember correctly while you guys lost Byron Jones on the first drive.

The general vibe around Buffalo is that we're either not playing most of our starters or just playing them for a series or two like we did last year in a meaningless season finale against the Jets. Assuming you can beat our backups (never a sure thing as they're hungry to prove themselves), you should win easily.

I'm sure the injury to Beasley last week in garbage time and the injury to GB's tackle today only solidified McDermott's decision to rest our starters. We pry get the number two seed regardless considering the Steelers are starting Santa's head reindeer.

It would be fun to play each other at full strength though as both our defenses have improved dramatically since our first match up. Although, we didn't have Edmunds or Milano for that game if I remember correctly while you guys lost Byron Jones on the first drive.

Question: Does the Bills think they need a tune-up go over stuff fix some issues they are having continue your win streak? I for one would not play my starters at all (we are playing in weather elements where players may get hurt badly why risk that. You want to win the Super Bowl and I know the only way you will win is with a healthy Bills team with all your piece intact. The Dolphins have gotten really good since we last met in Week 2 as you guys keep close eye on us as we do you. I hope S. McD plays his cards right seriously. Because you guys know the Dolphins are coming up there to win regardless that's for sure. I feel we can win. I really do. But if we don't, we will probably be in the same position next year fighting with the Bills either for a Division Title or a Wild Card like it used to be back in the 1990's. I know you would want that rivalry back. I miss it! Good Luck on Sunday (but not too much) tell S. McD to do the right thing. You will all be majorly upset if a meaningless game derails your Super Bowl run.

Have to muddy the pocket. Stuff the run. Score points.

We're 1-6 against the Bills in the last 7 games. We've been beaten by backup QBs who had no business even being in the NFL. History says we're in trouble.

No, history said we had trouble in the past. In the NFL, each season stands alone and the results for any team can vary dramatically.

To predict this years performance, look at each teams trajectory over the last 5 or so games they played.

1) Are they winning?
2) Are they improving as a team during those games?
3) Can they hold a lead and win?
4) Can they catch up from behind and win?
5) Do they have a winning record?

Everything else is secondary to these considerations!

The result of the answers to those questions indicates the teams trajectory. The team with the most rise in its trajectory is likely to be the team to win the game when they both meet.

I think the Dolphins can win this game if the offense, the defense and the special teams continue to contribute at their current improving levels.

Question: Does the Bills think they need a tune-up go over stuff fix some issues they are having continue your win streak? I for one would not play my starters at all (we are playing in weather elements where players may get hurt badly why risk that. You want to win the Super Bowl and I know the only way you will win is with a healthy Bills team with all your piece intact. The Dolphins have gotten really good since we last met in Week 2 as you guys keep close eye on us as we do you. I hope S. McD plays his cards right seriously. Because you guys know the Dolphins are coming up there to win regardless that's for sure. I feel we can win. I really do. But if we don't, we will probably be in the same position next year fighting with the Bills either for a Division Title or a Wild Card like it used to be back in the 1990's. I know you would want that rivalry back. I miss it! Good Luck on Sunday (but not too much) tell S. McD to do the right thing. You will all be majorly upset if a meaningless game derails your Super Bowl run.
Not really. This team is playing their best football on both sides of the ball all season and are the healthiest they've been since the beginning of the year (besides the Beasley garbage time injury against the Pats). It makes sense to rest our starters as getting to the Super Bowl should be the goal at this point and we want to put the best roster on the field as possible. The only thing that concerns me is by resting our offensive starters we lose that rhythm going into the first WC game. We did play Monday night though so a Saturday WC game is only a difference of twelve days. I guess I'm not overly concerned.

I'm preparing for the Bills to mostly concede this game and to sweat the Browns/Steelers game out on Sunday. I just don't want to draw the Ravens in the WC round.

We should be set up for a renewed rivalry as long as Tua progresses and you get him some more weapons. I have fond memories of the '90-'91 divisional game shootout between Kelly and Marino. I was at the game where Brian Cox flipped us off going into the tunnel. It was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind a decade of misery for the Jets and Pats.

Not really. This team is playing their best football on both sides of the ball all season and are the healthiest they've been since the beginning of the year (besides the Beasley garbage time injury against the Pats). It makes sense to rest our starters as getting to the Super Bowl should be the goal at this point and we want to put the best roster on the field as possible. The only thing that concerns me is by resting our offensive starters we lose that rhythm going into the first WC game. We did play Monday night though so a Saturday WC game is only a difference of twelve days. I guess I'm not overly concerned.

I'm preparing for the Bills to mostly concede this game and to sweat the Browns/Steelers game out on Sunday. I just don't want to draw the Ravens in the WC round.

We should be set up for a renewed rivalry as long as Tua progresses and you get him some more weapons. I have fond memories of the '90-'91 divisional game shootout between Kelly and Marino. I was at the game where Brian Cox flipped us off going into the tunnel. It was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind a decade of misery for the Jets and Pats.

the 1990 divisional game is one of my favorites from my childhood (with a crappy outcome), I was 9 at the time and that season is the first i can remember vividly and i love football being played in the elements.

Back
Top Bottom