Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins Beating Buffalo on Sunday?

I’ll go on record and say the Bills starters are out by the end of the 1st quarter and we win the game. We run lots of no huddle and empty and Tua plays a good game. We also get the running game going. I’m not sure the Bills are good at stopping it but usually the score gets out of hand and teams abandon it early. Last few weeks anyway.

Another sure prediction is the site will have many who say we backed in because the Bills pulled their starters and totally forget that the Browns and Colts could have clinched last week with wins and failed, one against the Jets, and the Ravens had NEEDED someone too lose a couple weeks back to get back in. It will be only Miami who needed and got help.

I’ve bet on the phins winning superbowl before the season started, as the odds were very low, paying 150x the bet. Now that we’re in “playoffs mode”, I’m betting against the phins to offset my “investment” if we’re eliminated.

Crazy bet I know, but hey, who knows..

The Buffalo team reporter Sal Capaccio seems to think Allen doesn't play much if at all this Sunday. If Allen does play I would hope coach Flores tells his defense to make sure Buffalo regrets that decision.
That is a positive! What did he say exactly? Will they pull a lot of starters?
Gesicki should eat and we need Parker badly.

I'm watching these Knuckleheads on ESPN and they all unanimously have the Dolphins as the odd team out with the Bills on a Super Bowl Run (Losing in the AFC Championship to the Chiefs) and the other three teams, Cleveland, Baltimore and Indy all winning with the Fins obviously losing this Sunday. I know that these "professionals" are often wrong but I'm getting more and more nervous listening to them as the game gets closer and closer.......Do you have faith that the Dolphins have the talent to overcome the odds to win in Buffalo??? Look at it objectively.....
those knuckle heads all or most said Patriots were going to beat miami too. They also said Tua was going to play a horrible game. It wasn't a pretty game, but Tua, he did throw a pick. But with no WRs and how Bill B plays rookies, I wasn't expecting a mistake free game. But Tua also scored two rushing Tds vs Bill B's defense too. Many rookie qbs have a hard time beating Pats let alone the rookie qb scoring one Td let alone 2 to help win vs Pats

We played Buffalo hard the first time around. Our defense is better now. We played the Chiefs hard. Both teams have a qb that is dangerous throwing and running.
That's my thing. We must have a plan for Allen. Or we die on the field
Will Allen play whole game though? I wonder how long and how much Allen will play if and when our pass rushers get a good hit on Allen and shake the cobwebs, Normally they'd keep him in, but it might make the coach have second thoughts on a game they'd like the no.2 seed, but more importantly they want their QB to be as healthy and fresh for playoffs as possible.

We have to start off with a lead and keep the foot on the pedal then they may start pulling people but if they come out ahead early we’re in trouble.

Last edited:
Why we lost to the Bills earlier this year. Diggs could not be covered by Iggy; Byron Jones got hurt the first play; and X Howard was still not 100% recovered from last years injury.

If X stops Diggs and we put pressure on Allen I think we win.

Everybody acts like they are the 1990 Bills, why can’t we beat them , they should be thinking phuck why do have to play the dolphins

Got to punch them in the face right from the get go. Make them pay for playing their starters. Even if you are getting beat, they need to be very physical. I’ll have no problem with a couple of borderline late hits.
I mean it’s certainly possible as it has happened before. But man...did you see his game against Pitt? They threw everything at him. He took a beating in the first half. He couldn’t get anything going. And he just waited for it to open up and they clobbered the you know what out of them in the second half. He wasn’t playing fast and loose with happy feet. He just...figured it out. I thought it was honestly more impressive than any of his 4 TD games this year.

THIS EXCACTLY. I know it was in Miami but we played Bills hard at the start of the season. I think our D is better now. The Questions are - is the Bills offense so much better than when they torched us at the beginning of the season? Can our offense with Tua and whatever weapons we are able to field put the points up on the board? Does the Dolphins D that spanked KC in the first half show up Sunday? Can we run on them? Please Chan and Tua play to WIN. Leave it on the field, OPEN IT UP unless Bills choose to rest their starters then I guess we play chess
Their defense was like bottom five the first half of the year. It’s 6th in DVOA the second half.

it’s not just Allen and the offense up there. They’re actually kind of a fascinating team. obviously the Diggs and passing game stuff is talked about...but they also are the best third down offense...and Miami is the best third down defense. So that will be interesting. I saw a chart that their coaching decisions on 4th down rank first in the league in not surrendering win percentage. Their rookie kicker doesn’t miss. Their punter would top the league in categories but he doesn’t punt enough to qualify! And they have the top kick returner.

That team is a problem. There’s a reason they’ve won their last five games by double digits. And are a Hail Mary away from a nine game winning streak.

I’m hoping they sit their guys. I’m sorry...they’ve found another level that I don’t particularly want to mess with. And not just Allen and the offense.

By that logic Miami never beats them again.
The Bills are in year 3 of the current rebuild. We are in year 2 at best.
Next year we will have a better chance but this year our team has injuries and illness and the Bills are on a roll.
With Pitt playing back ups, the odds are we will be out.
If it happens as it was still a successful season imo

Back
Top Bottom