Are the Dolphins more talented than last year? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

• Yes

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
Phanatical said:
I don't think so. Let's look position by position:

OL - We have Benny Anderson starting. This guy is a slug. Definite downgrade on the OL.

RB - Last year Williams, Brown, Morris and Minor. This year, Brown, Suggs, Morris and Minor. Please dont' tell me Suggs is better than Williams. Downgrade.

WR- Last year Chambers, Booker, Welker, Gilmore. This year, Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan. Improvement at #4, but, how often do we do 4 receiver sets? Push.

TE - Last year McMichael, Diamond. This year, McMichael, Peelle. Push

DL - Not much change. Push

LB - No change - Push.

CB - Last year, Daniels, Madison, Howard and Jackson. This year, Daniels, Allen, Lehan and Goodman. DOWNGRADE.

Safetly - Last year Tillman, Shulters and Bell. This Year Tillman, Hill and Bell. Downgrade from Shulters to Hill.

QB - Culpepper - OK, everyone's gonna get their panties in a wad on this one. While Culpepper is most probably an upgrade, Frerotte never had a game last year where he threw a pick returned for a TD, and he never had a game last year with a 49qb rating. So far, Culpepper has performed worse than Frerotte did, at this point his performance has been a Downgrade. I expect this to change, but so far, it hasn't.

So, I don't see any upgrades (except for Culpepper who hasn't performed better than Frerotte yet), a few pushes, and a lot of downgrades. Talent wise, this team appears to have regressed.

Finally, don't simply vote "upgrade" tell me, besides Culpepper, WHAT POSITIONS HAVE BEEN UPGRADED??? I DON"T SEE IT!!!!

Are you serious????

Repost this again in 7 weeks.

We played the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS opening day and lost...all of a sudden we have regressed???

C'mon do you get chemo-therapy when you sneeze too?

endorphin said:
Are you serious????

We played the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS opening day and lost...all of a sudden we have regressed???

This isn't "all of a sudden regression" based upon a loss of one game. It is a position by position analysis of the players that are now starters vs. last years starters.

Post this again in 7 weeks, you betcha.

Phanatical said:
Interesting analysis.... what about all the positions with different players???? Those are really what I was looking at. At positions with new starters, besides Culpepper, I think we have lost talent.

Well you are in the extreme minority then.

feelthepain said:
I hate it when we lose, then coming to this site and reading how this team sucks becuase we didn't win by 30! Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but for cryin out loud could we wait till mid season before we decide what the fins are?? It's just as bad had we won, all of a sudden no one can beat us, sheesh talk about running the gamut of emotion. I look so forward to the start of the season, just to have it ruined by all the negativity.

OK, what do you think now? I love my phins, but they aren't any good this year. :(

I think we have a lot of talent, need time to gel, an OL decimated at RG. We should go on another winning streak, but it will probably again be too little to late to make the playoffs.

Colorado Dolfan said:
Frerotte- October 21, 2005 vs. KC: 11/29, 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 1 Fumble, 37.9 QB Rating.

Now that I've put that to rest... Any more questions? :D

well done u took one bad game that he had and put his stats up, well that is really a show of a players performances and ability :rolleyes2

endorphin said:
Are you serious????

OK, after the Bills loss, I'd say more of a flu bug than a sneeze, at least a full blown cold.

endorphin said:
Are you serious????

It's been 4 weeks, 3 more to go, and still no chemo-therapy for me.

Well, I have to admit I only thought it was only Pittsburgh after Week 1... but you were dead right about everything. I knew our secondary would be one of the worst. I knew our O-line would be bad but I didn't think as bad as they have been. Man... everything, you hit it right on the nail. We're actually lucky to be 1-4 because Tennessee outplayed us.

painnotpleasure said:
Well, I have to admit I only thought it was only Pittsburgh after Week 1... but you were dead right about everything. I knew our secondary would be one of the worst. I knew our O-line would be bad but I didn't think as bad as they have been. Man... everything, you hit it right on the nail. We're actually lucky to be 1-4 because Tennessee outplayed us.

Thanks man, I wish I wasn't dead on, but watching them early on I knew they were bad. I believe Harrington can help and might get us to .500 if we're lucky.

GO PHINS~!

Originally Posted by endorphin
Are you serious????

No, but the team might need some chemo, make that some life support.

Back
Top Bottom