Are the Dolphins more talented than last year? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

Are the Dolphins more talented than last year?

• Yes

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
Vertical Limit said:
Is this team more talented than last year? Won't know untill January. If we aren't in the playoffs this year, then I'll say no.

I guess you are in the "too early to tell" camp. :D

we replaced Ferrotte with Culpepper, Rosenfels with Harrington, T. Jones with Hill, Schulters with Allen, Ricky with Suggs, Diamond with Peele, Wright with Wilkinson, Madison with Allen, Howard with Goodman, Gilmore with Hagan, McKinney with Anderson , Seau with Newman, & McIntosh with Shelton............. there that should fix this silly thread.

AirChambers84 said:
we replaced Ferrotte with Culpepper, Rosenfels with Harrington, T. Jones with Hill, Schulters with Allen, Ricky with Suggs, Diamond with Peele, Wright with Wilkinson, Madison with Allen, Howard with Goodman, Gilmore with Hagan, Anderson with McKinney, Seau with Newman, McIntosh with Shelton............. there that should fix this thread.

So do you think all of those moves are upgrades in your opinion? Culpeppers performance was awful, but this is in all likelihood the best move the Phins have made in years. Harrington over Rosenfels? Who knows. Suggs over Ricky? You can't be serious. Wilkinson over Wright? Oh yeah, definite upgrade. As for the DB's, at this point, there is no this group has been an upgrade. The play doesn't support it, Hill over Jones, not yet by any stretch. same with Allen 1 and Allen 2 and Goodman. Hill, Schulters, Madison and Howard did a fair job last year. This year's group hasn't shown they can do much. Newman over Seau?? I don't think so. McIntosh over Shelton? I'm not convinced this is an upgrade. Anderson over McKinney? No way, Anderson is horrible. I don't see how you can honestly think those are all upgrades. Their recent and past performance doesn't show it. Come on, you even have a guy riding the bench as an upgrade. Geez, that is homer thinking if I ever seen it. LOL.

With evans and roth improving i see the DL being much better. I also believe Ronnie Brown will be a huas this year. Culpepper also played one of the better Defenses and i think he played well until the 4th. I HOPE by week 3 or 4 he will have gelled alot better with our WR's.

BlaznRoarn said:
With evans and roth improving i see the DL being much better. I also believe Ronnie Brown will be a huas this year. Culpepper also played one of the better Defenses and i think he played well until the 4th i believe by week 3 or 4 he will have gelled alot better with our WR's

I agree we've upgraded the DL depth. Should help out later in the year with DL rotations and down the stretch. What do you think of the OL and the secondary? Upgrades there? I don't think so. What about RB? We lost Ricky and we picked up Suggs. Downgraded there for sure. I say we're a push at WR, LB and TE. Upgrade at QB. Overall, less talent.

Phanatical said:
"So do you think all of those moves are upgrades in your opinion? "

"You can't be serious."

"Oh I don't see how you can honestly think those are all upgrades. "

"Come on, you even have a guy riding the bench as an upgrade. "

"Geez, that is homer thinking if I ever seen it. LOL."

I didnt say any one replacement was an upgrade or not, that is for everyone to decide for themselves. :rolleyes2
Try not to assume so much, it's bad for you.

LOL i use that smiley alot nowadays. Back to ignoring........ buhbyes:www:

AirChambers84 said:
I didnt say anyone one replacement was an upgrade or not, that is for everyone to decide for themselves. :rolleyes2

Exactly, that's why I asked you what you thought.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah that little add is just a bit important. I've seen 3 or 4 threads where all you have done is dog Pep. All I'm saying is give him more than 1 game for crying out loud. And to say he is a down grade behind Frerotte, WOW!:eek:

You're still reaching, where did I say he is a downgrade? I said "So far, Culpepper has performed worse than Frerotte did, at this point his performance has been a Downgrade. I expect this to change, but so far, it hasn't." Emphasis added. And those 3 or 4 threads your talking about???? What did i say?? I have said he is overrated, that he turns the ball over a lot, etc. All true things. But I never said that he is a down grade behind Frerotte.

OK, now that you have been corrected AGAIN, and we are in agreement that Culpepper is better than Frerotte (although his performance so far has been horrible) can we go back to the topic??? Are the Dolphins more talented than last year? I don't think so. What do YOU think?

we have improved on offense but our secondary is still abit scetchy

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
Our secondary was slow last year with Madison, Shulters and Howard back there.. This year they are faster and quicker. Renaldo Hill is faster than anyone we had there the last couple of years.

The mistakes they are making now are mental mistakes.. When they get the coverages down then this will be an upgrade by midseason to the end of the year. Book it .

The only real downgrade is the right guard spot. You are forgetting that Carey is better this year as I am sure James and Hadnot will be in a few more games.. And with Jacox inserted over Anderson, this will probably be an upgrade, even if slightly

And how can you say the D-line is a push when we added Wilkinson and the emergence of Fred Evans down the middle ?? Thats an upgrade my friend

Great Evaluation Master.....I agree with you! I think Will Allen will have a great year, he is a baller and seems to come out of no where and not afraid to hit someone. The speed is definately there in our secondary, once they learn the system watch out man!

Phanatical said:
Guess you can't read too well. I said "probably an upgrade' but to this point, his performance was a downgrade. Don't know what game you were watching, but under 50% completions, a QB rating of 49, and a pick returned for 7 was a pitiful performance.

Thats not how it reads.

Last years rookies and other young players all have a year more of NFL experience than they did last year, which makes them an upgrade. Brown, Crowder, Roth, and Daniels should all be much better this year, agreed?

Now on the other side of the coin, all of the veterans are a year older. But is there really enought difference between 31 and 32 to make it a downgrade. I don't think so.

So, overall, I would say we have upgraded.

I beleive the Fins are more talented this year on offense. I think we have become weaker on the secondary. But hopefully this is just a matter of not playing and understanding each other. This should be fixed over time.

PSMITH said:
Last years rookies and other young players all have a year more of NFL experience than they did last year, which makes them an upgrade. Brown, Crowder, Roth, and Daniels should all be much better this year, agreed?

Now on the other side of the coin, all of the veterans are a year older. But is there really enought difference between 31 and 32 to make it a downgrade. I don't think so.

So, overall, I would say we have upgraded.

Interesting analysis.... what about all the positions with different players???? Those are really what I was looking at. At positions with new starters, besides Culpepper, I think we have lost talent.

Back
Top Bottom