Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida?

Stratman Tigers

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't know if they're overall more popular than UF Gators football, but they seem to have all pro franchises in Florida beaten by a mile.

I know they're the most popular Florida-based pro team in Wheeling. :chuckle:

canes got more fans then gators... theres just alot of bandwagoners waivin there flags right now

canes got more fans then gators... theres just alot of bandwagoners waivin there flags right now

Honestly, with FIU football's program developing nicely, I see UM's fanbase dropping off atleast locally.

They do? You wouldn't be able to tell that by the attendence at the games for both theams. UF has 50,000+ students while UM is a small private university. UF plays in a stadium that seats 90,000 and is always full while UM plays in a half empty Landshark stadium. There are easily more Gator fans in Florida than Canes fans.

They do? You wouldn't be able to tell that by the attendence at the games for both theams. UF has 50,000+ students while UM is a small private university. UF plays in a stadium that seats 90,000 and is always full while UM plays in a half empty Landshark stadium. There are easily more Gator fans in Florida than Canes fans.

He meant TRUE fans:lol:

The Dolphins have Global Power too! I have been all over the world in my 20 plus years in the Air Force (still going). There are a multitude of Dolphins fans everywhere. I think Marino had a lot to do with that. Early in my career, there were Marino Jersey's all over Europe, about the only NFL Jersey I saw in stores. I think it has just continued on to the 50 ft Jason Taylor thing in England.

As far as professional teams go, I would say that the Dolphins are probably the most popular team in Florida. The Jags have had good seasons, but haven't won anything and they may eventually leave. Tampa Bay were perrenial losers until Dungy came around and then won the Super Bowl with Gruden in 2002. However, that bandwagon is pretty much been long gone.

I don't know if they're overall more popular than UF Gators football, but they seem to have all pro franchises in Florida beaten by a mile.
everyones talknig about football,but a lot of people are forgeting about o-town.The Magic have taken over FLA professional elite sports representation the past 2-3 years,and their top 3 team in the NBA(Im A Die-Hard Magic Fan....:woot:)

everyones talknig about football,but a lot of people are forgeting about o-town.The Magic have taken over FLA professional elite sports representation the past 2-3 years,and their top 3 team in the NBA(Im A Die-Hard Magic Fan....:woot:)

i live in orlando and am a huge magic fan....but i would have to say state wide (excluding college), the dolphins have the most support of any sports teams in the state.

1. dolphins
2. bucs (central florida market and west florida)
3. magic
4. jags (north florida supports them)
5. heat
6. rays
7. marlins
8. lightning
9. panthers.

The Magic are popular, but more popular than the Heat? Let alone the Dolphins?

Back
Top Bottom