Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida?

Yes, OMG, FIU. Typical of UM arrogance I see. UM has 10,000, FIU has 30,000 undergrads. FIU will go to a bowl game this year, build off the same recruit pool shared by UM, and watch, not next year or the year after, but within thirty years, FIU will be a very popular program. 1 out of 5 graduates in Miami graduated from FIU alone. UM is still the typical rich private school that only out of state kids go to...or local football players.

I plainly stated that FIU would venture into success and into some bowl games under the direction of Cristobal. But as soon as they do, Cristobal will be on the radar of bigger and better programs. Yeah, Miami is still the rich private school...always has been and always will be. That won't change. And if local football players are the only ones attending, that's fine with me because in South Florida we have some of the finest talent in the country. UM has 10,000 students and FIU has 30,000 undergrads. FIU has strength in numbers. Miami has a third of the student body than FIU and Miami will still work that *** on the football field lol. 30 years? Come on....30 years??

I think for a long time that was the case but let's not forget that the Bucs sell out every game and have a long waiting list for season tickets. For a long time Fla only had 2 teams and the Bucs stunk while the Dolphins were successful, now Fla has many teams and TB is near the top of successful Fla teams while Miami is mid of the pack. I think it's btw the Bucs and Dolphins but TB has the current edge.

I think for a long time that was the case but let's not forget that the Bucs sell out every game and have a long waiting list for season tickets. For a long time Fla only had 2 teams and the Bucs stunk while the Dolphins were successful, now Fla has many teams and TB is near the top of successful Fla teams while Miami is mid of the pack. I think it's btw the Bucs and Dolphins but TB has the current edge.

He said POPULAR. No team rivals the Dolphins. Even after our 1 - 15 season we were more popular than Tampa. It will always be that way. The same way the Yankees will always be more popular than the Mets. The Dolphins have had more success in their history and Miami is one of the more storied franchises in the NFL. In terms of overall popularity in the state, it's the Dolphins by a mile.

He said POPULAR. No team rivals the Dolphins. Even after our 1 - 15 season we were more popular than Tampa. It will always be that way. The same way the Yankees will always be more popular than the Mets. The Dolphins have had more success in their history and Miami is one of the more storied franchises in the NFL. In terms of overall popularity in the state, it's the Dolphins by a mile.

Wouldn't ticket sales help determine popularity? I'd also like to see the loal TV ratings for each team.

Is Miami more popular across the Country? Yes, I think Miami has a good National following that TB does not but in Florida? I don't know if TB hasn't passed you guys.

Ticket sales...eh. I dunno. One would think but when we're talking overall popularity in the state, not so much. Miami is a city full of transplants. I'm sure more people in the city of Tampa attend games as opposed to Miami. Tampa is a great city but it's not Miami. There's just too much to do in Miami and God knows that at 1:00PM it is just blistering hot in the stadium. It's almost not worth it. Thank God for the club level. It's pretty hot in Tampa at kickoff but the humidity isn't as bad. There are tons of contributing factors to ticket sales without a doubt. But I think overall popularity in the state belongs to the Dolphins. We were the first franchise in the state so that plays a part. People in the panhandle who loved the NFL sided with the Dolphins because we were the only team. You see a TON of Dolphin fans in Jacksonville and all up and down I-95.

Ticket sales...eh. I dunno. One would think but when we're talking overall popularity in the state, not so much. Miami is a city full of transplants. I'm sure more people in the city of Tampa attend games as opposed to Miami. Tampa is a great city but it's not Miami. There's just too much to do in Miami and God knows that at 1:00PM it is just blistering hot in the stadium. It's almost not worth it. Thank God for the club level. It's pretty hot in Tampa at kickoff but the humidity isn't as bad. There are tons of contributing factors to ticket sales without a doubt. But I think overall popularity in the state belongs to the Dolphins. We were the first franchise in the state so that plays a part. People in the panhandle who loved the NFL sided with the Dolphins because we were the only team. You see a TON of Dolphin fans in Jacksonville and all up and down I-95.

Tampa isn't a City full of transplants? The whole state of Florida is full of transplants.

It's hot in Tampa too, maybe not quite as hot but it's hot.

Tampa isn't as bad as Miami. Miami might be the most transplanted city in the country. Between Miami, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Im afraid nyjunc is right, the Bucs stadium is always full, our stadium is always empty. Thats more important than some stupid survey :(

I don't know if they're overall more popular than UF Gators football, but they seem to have all pro franchises in Florida beaten by a mile.

Well, don't know about Florida, but was told a few years ago (And I believe it w/ all the Fans I see), after the Cowboys, the Dolphins are the most popular None-NY based football team in NJ. :up:

Well, don't know about Florida, but was told a few years ago (And I believe it w/ all the Fans I see), after the Cowboys, the Dolphins are the most popular None-NY based football team in NJ. :up:

For the non-NY teams Miami is right up there with Dallas, the Raiders and Pittsburgh in the NY area.

everyones talknig about football,but a lot of people are forgeting about o-town.The Magic have taken over FLA professional elite sports representation the past 2-3 years,and their top 3 team in the NBA(Im A Die-Hard Magic Fan....:woot:)

I can't believe a Basketball Team is going to be bigger ever then a Football team, Florida has always been a football state.

Maybe you meant just Orlando? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom