Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida?

magic probably have more fans than the heat due to the territory in which they are shown on tv vs the heat

i live in orlando and am a huge magic fan....but i would have to say state wide (excluding college), the dolphins have the most support of any sports teams in the state.

1. dolphins
2. bucs (central florida market and west florida)
3. magic
4. jags (north florida supports them)
5. heat
6. rays
7. marlins
8. lightning
9. panthers.

My humble opinion is

1. dolphins
2. bucs
3.heat
4.magic
5. jags
6.marlins
7. rays
8. lightning
9. rays

I dont travel that much though.

And college football, in the top 3 teams, overall it is:

1. UM
2. FU
3. FSU

FU will be third in no time. That more people go to games doesent mean they have more fans. UM has TONS of fans ALL OVER Florida and the country

I know the Magic went to the finals and all, but there is NO CHANCE the Magic are more popular than the Heat. Dwyane Wade alone takes care of that. The heat have one of the top three players in the WORLD on their team and Im sure he is much more internationally known than Dwight Howard.

For colleges.... It pains me greatly but I would have to say UF is tops right now simply from all the bandwagoners alone and UM/FSU are about equally splity through the state. Once Tebow is gone and the Gators are back to being 9-3, 8-4 you will see a LOT of that Orange and Blue go into hiding just like before 2006.

As for pro teams, we all know the Rays and Marlins get horrible crowds, although the Rays because of their success recently get more people in the stands, especially when the BoSox and Yanks come to town. People could give two craps about the Panthers and Lightning unless they are in the playoffs. And as for NFL...WITHOUT QUESTION its Fins -- Bucs -- Jags in popularity.

everyones talknig about football,but a lot of people are forgeting about o-town.The Magic have taken over FLA professional elite sports representation the past 2-3 years,and their top 3 team in the NBA(Im A Die-Hard Magic Fan....:woot:)

:lol:

The great Orlando Magic that have never won ****.

My humble opinion is

1. dolphins
2. bucs
3.heat
4.magic
5. jags
6.marlins
7. rays
8. lightning
9. rays

1. UM
2. FU
3. FSU

FU will be third in no time. That more people go to games doesent mean they have more fans. UM has TONS of fans ALL OVER Florida and the country

The Rays on the same list twice? I don't think they're THAT popular. :lol:

My humble opinion is

1. dolphins
2. bucs
3.heat
4.magic
5. jags
6.marlins
7. rays
8. lightning
9. rays

1. UM
2. FU
3. FSU

Yeah, No. UM is probably third.

Yeah, No. UM is probably third.
Have you notices that the only reason that UF has more fans in the STANDS than UM is because you guys have more students? You guys could fill up half the stadium with students. UM cant fill a fraction of it with students alone. Students get free tickets. Others do not. UM has a lot of others that are neither students or alumni, and all over the country

I would say Miami has the top 2 most popular teams in Florida...

1. Dolphins
2. Heat
3. Bucs
4. Magic
5. Jags
6. Lightning
7. Marlins
8. Rays
9. Panthers

Dwayne Wade alone is the reason why the Heat are mpre popular than even the Bucs.
I live in Orlando and there are a ton of Dolphins fans, but an equal number of steeler fans as well

Also, I hate to say it but among the colleges it would be

1. UF
2. FSU
3. UM
4. (tie) UCF & USF

take away all the current bandwagon gator fans and the numbers still dominate. dolfan94 said it, there are more current students, more alumni, more future students. it's nothing new. and that has nothing to do with athletics whatsoever. and the dolphins do dominate the state. tampa and jax will never be able to top the fanbase that we've built over the decades.

I love UM but they have the biggest bandwagon fans in all of collage football.

I'm definitely a bandwagon UM fan. When I was younger it was fun to like UM because everyone around me (Polk County) was expected to be an FSU or UF fan. My high school even had an official dress-up day for FSU and UF, so naturally I wore a Hurricanes shirt.

The problem with the Hurricanes is that when they are bad, they're really bad. And I'm not just talking about on the field- although some times they seem to bring their ganster off the field problems onto the field. But they really don't uphold to the standards of conduct that atheletes on a national level (even non-professionals) should uphold to. It's just downright shameful the multitude of problems that come out of that football program.

And now they can't even get their own recruits to stay, which says to me that either the players they are bringing in aren't respectable (likely), or that the regime there is just not doing things the right way (also likely).

But I don't concern myself with liking any team because I don't see how any American could care about a sport without a playoff system, where youre team can play phenomenal ball all year and still not get a chance to play for a championship.

And when it comes down to it, I really enjoy the fact that when players suck in the NFL, they get cut. But that comes from having watched Brock Berlin play a pathetic QB on otherwise outstanding football teams .

Back
Top Bottom