Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins most popular pro team in Florida?

I think for a long time that was the case but let's not forget that the Bucs sell out every game and have a long waiting list for season tickets. For a long time Fla only had 2 teams and the Bucs stunk while the Dolphins were successful, now Fla has many teams and TB is near the top of successful Fla teams while Miami is mid of the pack. I think it's btw the Bucs and Dolphins but TB has the current edge.

the bucs are giving away tickets right now to fans who come to the practices thats why they sell out everygame this year.

Football fans down in the Tampa area must not be all that impressed with the cut-rate product that the Buccaneers are putting out on the field. Apparently ticket sales are so bad this year that they gave away tickets to anyone who showed up at practice. Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me.
http://www.faniq.com/article/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-giving-away-free-tickets-to-fans-who-attend-practices-1773682

I think for a long time that was the case but let's not forget that the Bucs sell out every game and have a long waiting list for season tickets. For a long time Fla only had 2 teams and the Bucs stunk while the Dolphins were successful, now Fla has many teams and TB is near the top of successful Fla teams while Miami is mid of the pack. I think it's btw the Bucs and Dolphins but TB has the current edge.

:lol2: Are you really serious about that, Junc....come on

Helpful but I'm not sure a survey of 24,000 people really tells us all we need to know.

How about doing it the way the NFL does it...merchandise sales?

How about doing it the fans do it....popularity in Schools, Bars/Pubs, social events?

How about polls?

How about websites, and which has more fans represented?

All points to it being before, during and after, the Miami Dolphins as the most popular NFL team in the state of Florida.

Junc if you said there might be more Diehards in tampa then in Miami right now, I would have to agree, but the problem is, there are more things to do in Miami then in Tampa, and many fans that call themselves fans, will choose to go to the beach or do something else instead going to a game in the heat if Miami is not winning.

For the non-NY teams Miami is right up there with Dallas, the Raiders and Pittsburgh in the NY area.

Yea, and with the way Miami looked in 04...06..07, Raiders and Steelers (Especially Steelers) might have caught up and passed up Miami.

IMO, one only needs to notice the number of Marino jerseys vs Lee Roy Selman and Mike Alstott ones floating around the state to determine relative popularity -not to mention all the respectful homage continuing to be paid to Shula as compared to Grudin. Heck, probably the most popular Buc ever won a superbowl for Indiana soon after he left!

Be that as it may, the one thing I think we all can all agree on is that when it comes to their playing venue, at the very least the Fins are the most popular team in their stadium :chuckle:, eh Jesticular?

t8rmmb-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom