Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half?

So … unfortunately we sucked and went 0-7 under Sparano, and he wasn't even tanking … then Matt Moore led us to an unlikely and inexplicably stupid (franchise-wise) late season winning streak, losing our pole position in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes and landing us Tannehill as a consolation prize. We were out of the playoff hunt, so all we accomplished was losing our choice of QB's. Not like it saved anyone's job really, although it did help cement Moore's reputation in the league and paved the way for this latter part of his career. But, it was a stupid winning streak with no end-product for the team or franchise. Even after the winning streak … we suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

If we do something equally stupid this year, i'll flip out.

Rooting for 1 meaningless win and not worrying about missing out in Tua is silly. Rooting for a win and still hoping we get Tua is different, I seriously don’t get it. Burrow is not who we should be wasting a season away for

Rooting for 1 meaningless win and not worrying about missing out in Tua is silly. Rooting for a win and still hoping we get Tua is different, I seriously don’t get it. Burrow is not who we should be wasting a season away for
Yeah, I like the kid Burrow, but I don't really love the prospect. One year wonders haven't fared so well in NFL on average. His production makes you stand up and take notice … but I'm not convinced he has enough upside. Would have liked to see him do it over two years just to be sure.

Yeah, I like the kid Burrow, but I don't really love the prospect. One year wonders haven't fared so well in NFL on average. His production makes you stand up and take notice … but I'm not convinced he has enough upside. Would have liked to see him do it over two years just to be sure.
nfl is about getting lucky so dont just disregard Joe. None of them have play in nfl. Dolphins need do thier homework..Tua sound like best player..Tua and Lawrence. You will not know how good they are until they are in nfl.

I may be wrong but I'm still of the opinion that the players and the coaches are playing to win. We happen to have a talent deficiency on the team that will be addressed in the Draft and free agency, but I like that the players and coaches appear to be competing hard. Yes, there have been some bonehead plays and they have been costly but I've seen nothing to suggest that everyone intentionally is playing to lose. Hell, we had the Steelers faithful booing the home team on some plays last week in the first half because we were outplaying them at times.

Back
Top Bottom