Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant?

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a Cowboys fan and as big a football fan as anybody and whenever I mention the Dolphins, he comes back at me that the Dolphins are irrelevant in the big scheme of things. He seems to think that there are select teams that matter nationally like Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc. but our beloved Dolphins do not register on the scale of "what matters". Does he have a point.

Let me preface that he knows that his Cowboys stink and his coach should be fired...............

It seems that way sometimes. For example- the Bears were one of the worst teams in football last year, yet they’re on the first Sunday Night game of the year last night. Dallas and the Giants were both garbage last year, yet guess what game is on next Sunday night? The Dolphins don’t get that type of treatment.

The Cowboys have won two playoff games in twenty years. Their Super Bowl drought was old enough to drink...two years ago.

There are franchises out there that can refer to the Dolphins as being irrelevant and get away with it.

The Cowboys are not one of them.

Tell your friend to shut the **** up and get back to us when anyone outside of Dallas-Fort Worth actually refers to them as "America's Team" again.

Nobody cares about the Cowboys, and sure as hell ain't nobody afraid of them.

Edit: The above rant aside, I do believe that the Dolphins are not relevant as far as national media is concerned. But the Cowboys aren't really getting the publicity any more, either.

There are a only a select few modern powerhouse franchises. When i say powerhouse i mean a mix of success and cultural power. Steelers, Patriots, Packers. Maybe you could throw the Saints or Giants in there too. Everyone else is irrelevant until they prove they're relevant.

The Dolphins were relevant during the 70s, 80s and 90s. Haven'tbeen relevant since Marino retired.

Although an argument can be made Miami's relevance went up in smoke following Ricky Williams.

There are a only a select few modern powerhouse franchises. When i say powerhouse i mean a mix of success and cultural power. Steelers, Patriots, Packers. Maybe you could throw the Saints or Giants in there too. Everyone else is irrelevant until they prove they're relevant.

This. Consistent winning fixes everything.

The national story on yesterday is the lightning delay and Mariota's elbow. I used to listen to alot of talk radio during football season hoping to hear about the fins after a win. Now i just listen.

If Tannehill takes us to the playoffs to years running, things will change

For those of us around long enough this franchise has went from the MOST respected and powerful to pretty much the bottom... Once you get down there's a collective "gang mentality" to keep you down -- so until we start takin' those supposed "relevant" teams to the woodshed we'll be considered meaningless...

Are you just saying this because the broadcast was cut for the network premiere of "REL"? :wall

If he's like most Cowboys fans (I live in Dallas, and deal with them every day), he can't name more than 2 or 3 players on the roster.

The Cowboys are a fashion fad in Dallas. Nothing more.

The Cowboys have won two playoff games in twenty years. Their Super Bowl drought was old enough to drink...two years ago.

There are franchises out there that can refer to the Dolphins as being irrelevant and get away with it.

The Cowboys are not one of them.

Tell your friend to shut the **** up and get back to us when anyone outside of Dallas-Fort Worth actually refers to them as "America's Team" again.

Nobody cares about the Cowboys, and sure as hell ain't nobody afraid of them.

Edit: The above rant aside, I do believe that the Dolphins are not relevant as far as national media is concerned. But the Cowboys aren't really getting the publicity any more, either.

The Cowboys hava a actual dynasty they can hang their hats on, that even their younger base can remember. Where as we sit around remembering the greatest qb in history fail to reach a SB post Reagan era.

Bashing other teams while fun, really is meaningless during this decade/s of irrelevance.

The Cowboys hava a actual dynasty they can hang their hats on, that even their younger base can remember. Where as we sit around remembering the greatest qb in history fail to reach a SB post Reagan era.

Bashing other teams while fun, really is meaningless during this decade/s of irrelevance.

This is precisely why I'm trying to say his Cowboys fan friend really has no business bashing the Dolphins. They've been irrelevant for decades, too.

And by "younger fan base" - you mean people aged 30 and older, right? Because it's unlikely any Cowboys fan younger than that can remember a Cowboys Super Bowl win with much clarity.

Back
Top Bottom