Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant?

The one word answer is....

YES.

RT, bless his heart is still RT.

When there is any kind of pressure in the game he will make the 3rd down completion,

SHORT of the 1st down marker almost every time.

So far he has shown himself to be very tough, a great leader, but he's got basically ZERO clutch ability.

There are a only a select few modern powerhouse franchises. When i say powerhouse i mean a mix of success and cultural power. Steelers, Patriots, Packers. Maybe you could throw the Saints or Giants in there too. Everyone else is irrelevant until they prove they're relevant.
And those Powerhouses are whats wrong with the NFL...There should be more field leveling through draft,FA & even bigger extremes if necessary to get other franchises relevant.
NE is the poster child of why the NFL is losing fans at the rate they are and NASCAR type turn aways are not far behind if they dont fix it.

And those Powerhouses are whats wrong with the NFL...There should be more field leveling through draft,FA & even bigger extremes if necessary to get other franchises relevant.
NE is the poster child of why the NFL is losing fans at the rate they are and NASCAR type turn aways are not far behind if they dont fix it.

Eh idk, at the end of the day some people are just better at managing football teams than others. The NFL has better parity than just about any sport, I don't think that's the issue. I just hope my team one day gets there again.

Eh idk, at the end of the day some people are just better at managing football teams than others. The NFL has better parity than just about any sport, I don't think that's the issue. I just hope my team one day gets there again.
When the same team dominates a division for 20 seasons that does not ring of parity to me. NE has found an advantage that they have extorted for 2 decades and its not because they have Rocket Scientist running the franchise. The NFL should have ways to prevent that type domination for their good and the good of the league in general.

When the same team dominates a division for 20 seasons that does not ring of parity to me. NE has found an advantage that they have extorted for 2 decades and its not because they have Rocket Scientist running the franchise. The NFL should have ways to prevent that type domination for their good and the good of the league in general.

The NFL wants more offense and points, they want the league to be 'basketball on grass' as Gruden put it, which makes the QB position all the more important.

The NFL wants more offense and points, they want the league to be 'basketball on grass' as Gruden put it, which makes the QB position all the more important.
I agree with that Roy...Its been obvious for many years if your qb cannot sling it then you dont fair well in the W/L columns

If he's like most Cowboys fans (I live in Dallas, and deal with them every day), he can't name more than 2 or 3 players on the roster.

The Cowboys are a fashion fad in Dallas. Nothing more.

Well, at least the Cowboys have fans who pack the stadium and show up. Our first home game was an embarrassment......stands looked a third empty and that was BEFORE any weather related problems. Even Oakland, a team which has issues (and on top of that whose current fans know will be moving out in a year or two gets) packed every game with raucous fans despite being a perennial also ran/underachieving team. Same for Cleveland and a few others.

Of course, but the same could be said about the patriots up until 2001 or so. Ebb n flow of powerhouses seemingly every 10-15 years.

I agree with that Roy...Its been obvious for many years if your qb cannot sling it then you dont fair well in the W/L columns

If you want more parity you need to throw defenses a bone. I don't remember which rule but in the offseason I heard they changed a rule (or put more emphasis on an old rule) because offensive production took a bit of a dip last season. Its debatable if more offense makes for a better NFL to begin with, but it sure as hell doesn't help with the parity issue.

So they're supposed to prevent a hall of fame QB and coach from getting together for any extended period of time? Sounds a bit silly coming from a Dolphins' fan. The Phins have had opportunities to ascend and become a true competitor in the AFC east. A decade of Brees and Saban sure would have been an imposing combo.

To me the biggest problem for the Dolphins has been their inability to tear it down and rebuild. Jimmy did it and had some success....Parcells did it and had less. But at the very least they both brought a sense of hope to the fanbase and a new group of players to root for and watch grow. I'm sure Gase saw something in Tannehill he liked but I think he should have torn it all down and tried to build a team in his image from the ground up.

So they're supposed to prevent a hall of fame QB and coach from getting together for any extended period of time? Sounds a bit silly coming from a Dolphins' fan. The Phins have had opportunities to ascend and become a true competitor in the AFC east. A decade of Brees and Saban sure would have been an imposing combo.

To me the biggest problem for the Dolphins has been their inability to tear it down and rebuild. Jimmy did it and had some success....Parcells did it and had less. But at the very least they both brought a sense of hope to the fanbase and a new group of players to root for and watch grow. I'm sure Gase saw something in Tannehill he liked but I think he should have torn it all down and tried to build a team in his image from the ground up.

It was a perfect storm. Belichick and Brady are the GOAT QB/coach combo. And the rest of the AFC East has been trotting out average at best QBs and coaches (and mostly crap) since they arrived. Nathan Peterman had a 0.00 passer rating. The Bills have to be the favorite for the first overall pick right now. We'll find out who the second best team in the division is soon enough, but they'll still be a league behind the Patriots.

Dolphins have not been good since rick Williams days.2002-3. neither have Cowboys. we both have rich history. dallas history is better than dolphins but last 17yr none of us is great any more. cowboys may be looking at top 5 pick next yr.

I think thill17 is here keep Adam job for now but 2 to 3 yr. he will find his qb of future.

What advantage ? I agree they've had their fair share of cheating no doubt, but that stuff doesn't account for this span of dominance.

Back
Top Bottom