Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Really Irrelevant?

This is precisely why I'm trying to say his Cowboys fan friend really has no business bashing the Dolphins. They've been irrelevant for decades, too.

And by "younger fan base" - you mean people aged 30 and older, right? Because it's unlikely any Cowboys fan younger than that can remember a Cowboys Super Bowl win with much clarity.

As a 40 something year old, I would take that. Instead only those in their 50s and 60s can remember a Dolphin SB win with much clarity.

Of course. But that doesn't make the Cowboys relevant today.

It allows their fanbase to believe they are relevant. Yet you see yearly threads here whining about this team failing to reach a threshold they haven't deserved since the early 70s. The Nixon years for goodness sake.

It allows their fanbase to believe they are relevant. Yet you see yearly threads here whining about this team failing to reach a threshold they haven't deserved since the early 70s. The Nixon years for goodness sake.

Naaaah. This team made the Super Bowl twice during the Reagan years, and was clearly *relevant* until 2000. Also, the Cowboys fan base would believe anything good about themselves; they're still using "How 'bout them Cowboys," and Jimmie Johnson hasn't even been their coach in two decades.

Naaaah. This team made the Super Bowl twice during the Reagan years, and was clearly *relevant* until 2000. Also, the Cowboys fan base would believe anything good about themselves; they're still using "How 'bout them Cowboys," and Jimmie Johnson hasn't even been their coach in two decades.

Both of those SBs ended up being overshadowed by hogs and Montana.

Only Phin fans have the balls, no matter how ludicrous the argument, to trash another franchise for their fandom and the basis of that fandom.

I believe relevancy is in the eye of the beholder. I could really care less what teams sports shows are talking about. Miami is a small market, they're not going to get a lot of exposure unless they start dominating like say another small market team, like the Seahawks, did for years. Big markets like New York, Boston, etc will always get more fanfare, it's like that in all pro sports. My Houston Astros have been irrelevant since, well forever. They won it all last year got a few months of offseason hype then went straight to the back of line behind Red Sox and Yankees once the season started.

Let's face it the Titans and Dolphins game wasn't one of the best yesterday so i don't see why it would be a headliner other than the delay. Heck maybe they will make a 30 for 30 on the game one day- "The day lightning came to South Florida".

Both of those SBs ended up being overshadowed by hogs and Montana.

Only Phin fans have the balls, no matter how ludicrous the argument, to trash another franchise for their fandom and the basis of that fandom.

For the love of Pete.

Are you seriously arguing this hard against being a Dolphins fan? The entire point I was making was that the Cowboys fan base had no business calling anyone else irrelevant. The OP pointed that out. HE wasn't being arrogant or trashing another fanbase. HIS COWBOYS FRIEND WAS.

If you don't think the Cowboys fan base has unrivaled balls and arrogance today without any discernible reason to...TODAY...if you can't, even begrudgingly, acknowledge that point, then we have nothing further to discuss.

If we want to be relevant...

al-davis-just-win-baby.jpg

Speaking of the Raiders, they are in the same boat as us....Once dynastic, now irrelevant.
Most teams are irrelevant, if you think about it. Other than the four or five mentioned(Pats, Packers, Steelers, maybe Saints, maybe Giants cuz of NYC- but the Giants in the scheme of winning are irrelevant) most teams are irrelevant. The Chargers? The Eagles won the Super Bowl but get little love. The Bears do, but hell what have they EVER done besides 1985? RIght now, Jacksonville is pretty relevant as far as the big picture for the season, but they aren't going to get the ass kissing that Brady and Rodgers get. And when you're relevant and lay a total turd like the Steelers did, that's all they talk about- headlines to the negative.
But win, get a glamorous QB and you now have a relevant team.

I believe relevancy is in the eye of the beholder. I could really care less what teams sports shows are talking about. Miami is a small market, they're not going to get a lot of exposure unless they start dominating like say another small market team, like the Seahawks, did for years. Big markets like New York, Boston, etc will always get more fanfare, it's like that in all pro sports. My Houston Astros have been irrelevant since, well forever. They won it all last year got a few months of offseason hype then went straight to the back of line behind Red Sox and Yankees once the season started.

Let's face it the Titans and Dolphins game wasn't one of the best yesterday so i don't see why it would be a headliner other than the delay. Heck maybe they will make a 30 for 30 on the game one day- "The day lightning came to South Florida".
Miami isn’t really a small market, just like Houston isn’t one either. Outlets like ESPN and NFLN just seem to have a bias towards (mostly) northeastern teams.

Can’t be relevant unless you win consistently. NE does it, PIT does it, GB does it, NO does it, and others to an extent. Miami won’t be until they can be consistent winners. They haven’t had consecutive winning seasons since 2002-03 for **** sake.

I have a friend who is a Cowboys fan and as big a football fan as anybody and whenever I mention the Dolphins, he comes back at me that the Dolphins are irrelevant in the big scheme of things. He seems to think that there are select teams that matter nationally like Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc. but our beloved Dolphins do not register on the scale of "what matters". Does he have a point.

Let me preface that he knows that his Cowboys stink and his coach should be fired...............
Tell your friend to take that tube steak out of his mouth before he speaks next time.

For such an irrelevant team they sure seem to draw a lot of fans when they play on the road. The Dolphins may not be that relevant locally, but they are very relevant nationally.

Their fans are spread all over the country - The MetLife takeover is just a good example of it.

Now don't get me wrong, they are irrelevant to the national media and much of it is warranted, but the franchise is at the top.

Back
Top Bottom