Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins Rebuilding Or Tanking?

Rebuilding or Tanking?

• Rebuilding

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Soooooo

My son comes home from his Job at the Sports store and says my boss can’t wait to rib you (dad) about the Dolphins tank job! Jettisoning Tannehill..., blah blah blah

Don’t shoot the messenger but the dolphins tank job is widely understood my even the average nfl fan - but not the average FH member - go figure

Rebuilding with the big picture in mind may result in something that appears to be tanking. Miami has many holes to fill. If they're patient and eschew quick fixes, they'll lose plenty of games. Ideally, you build an environment where you can properly assess young talent despite being really bad. Fitzpatrick makes sense in this context. If Miami adds a WR like Harry or AJ Brown, he'll give them an opportunity to make plays. He'll also throw the ball to DB's a lot. So, in a perfect world, you get to see your young talent (including Gesicki) perform in the new offense, while also avoiding too many wins - so you can still draft Tua in 2020.

If Miami doesn't focus on offense in 2019, the Fitzpatrick signing makes much less sense.

Not sure they are going to focus per say on either side, a strong argument could be made that both sides of the lines are crap and thin as far as numbers of bodies that can play.

We have no second boundary cb either and could even use more db’s.

BPA really, plenty of openings

Rebuilding with the big picture in mind may result in something that appears to be tanking. Miami has many holes to fill. If they're patient and eschew quick fixes, they'll lose plenty of games. Ideally, you build an environment where you can properly assess young talent despite being really bad. Fitzpatrick makes sense in this context. If Miami adds a WR like Harry or AJ Brown, he'll give them an opportunity to make plays. He'll also throw the ball to DB's a lot. So, in a perfect world, you get to see your young talent (including Gesicki) perform in the new offense, while also avoiding too many wins - so you can still draft Tua in 2020.
great point. if you start Falk or Rudock, they might be so bad it would be impossible to evaluate anyone.

great point. if you start Falk or Rudock, they might be so bad it would be impossible to evaluate anyone.

I'm struggling with "impossible." Regardless who is playing QB, the D can be evaluated. I'll accept that may not be entirely possible if the game gets out of hand, but for, say, the first half, there are 16 opportunities to see what they have. Same is partially true for the OL. Can they run block? Pass block in the first half? Kickers? ST? Yeah, some can be evaluated. As far as fans go, it will be possible to evaluate the coaches.

Im thinking the same thing. I'm thinking Marquise Brown and Terry McLaurin in top rounds. Get some fire power.

Feel like Marquise Brown and McLaurin are a little redundant for Miami, but I'd be OK with Brown. To me, McLaurin is a poor-man's Kenny Stills.

Not sure they are going to focus per say on either side, a strong argument could be made that both sides of the lines are crap and thin as far as numbers of bodies that can play.

We have no second boundary cb either and could even use more db’s.

BPA really, plenty of openings

I agree to an extent, but I think it'd be wise to focus on building a good foundation for the 2020 QB. If the team will be bad in 2019 and starting a rookie in 2020, I'm not worries about having a terrible D in 2019. I'd look at adding pieces where the valur jumps out, but OL, WR, and a TE with some upside to pair with Gesicki would be my priorities.

I'm struggling with "impossible." Regardless who is playing QB, the D can be evaluated. I'll accept that may not be entirely possible if the game gets out of hand, but for, say, the first half, there are 16 opportunities to see what they have. Same is partially true for the OL. Can they run block? Pass block in the first half? Kickers? ST? Yeah, some can be evaluated. As far as fans go, it will be possible to evaluate the coaches.
I was mainly talking about receivers and maybe "impossible" is too strong but having a veteran running the offense will give a much better read than a first-timer

Back
Top Bottom