Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long?

lol, their fans are wishing we were shopping Jake Long...they probably came out to this site and saw all the Jake Long should be traded threads and thought the fans were running the Dolphins.

You stay classy San Diego.

If we can get a 1st for him then I'm actually down with shopping him.
I'm actually not opposed to that. Long is going to cost us a lot of money and he's not playing like he should get paid a lot of money...certainly not $12 million a year worth. If we were to get a 1st and a 5th for him then I think I would do that and take one of the tackles from Texas A&M in the draft to replace him.

I would shop him for a 1st and 3rd or 2nd. Nothing less. The fact he is having a bit of an off year will work to our advantage when trying to resign him i think. I am sure his up and down season is due to the injury he suffered in preseason. Least I hope so.

I would be interested in a 1st and a 3rd for Jake Long. Tha we would have two 1st rounds, two second rounds, three third rounds, and a 4th/5th. That's unheard of.

I would be interested in a 1st and a 3rd for Jake Long. Tha we would have two 1st rounds, two second rounds, three third rounds, and a 4th/5th. That's unheard of.
Isn't that about what the Patriots had in last years draft?

The one caveat is if we were to trade Jake Long this year...who the heck plays LT for us? And if you say Jonathan Martin then who plays RT? This is where the lack of depth really hurts a chance of a move like this. In season trades normally mean the other team is willing to overpay in terms of draft pick compensation.

Lets trade Jake Long for a 1st day draft pick so we can spend a 1st day draf pick on his replacement, who probably wont be as good. Make perfect sense :up:

Lets trade Jake Long for a 1st day draft pick so we can spend a 1st day draf pick on his replacement, who probably wont be as good. Make perfect sense :up:
Or would be as good and cost roughly 20% of what we're going to play Long, which would then allow us to actually get 2 or 3 quality free agents and re-sign all of our core free agents.

I don't think shopping Jake is an option. This is Ireland's best draft pick (even though Parcells ran it), he is arguably still one of the best tackles in the game. You cannot find guys like this all the time. He will get locked up long term at the end of the season and be a corner stone in Tannehills development. Have to remember, he didn't have surgery when he should have had it on his shoulder.

Of course other teams want Long. He could be a future hall of famer.

I would quite like Rodgers from the Packers. Doesn't mean anything will happen. This forum may have oddballs who want rid of Long but he wont go. Letting a player like Long go would be the biggest mistake the Dolphins have made in a decade.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

:lol: standard finheaven logic

Yes, lets resign him for 12-15 million dollars a year and let all our other core free agents walk because we can't afford them. That sounds equally as logical.

Yes, lets resign him for 12-15 million dollars a year and let all our other core free agents walk because we can't afford them. That sounds equally as logical.

We would lose other players due to keeping Long? What a strange post.

Back
Top Bottom