Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long?

Oh wow is he really? Goes to show what I thought. I could have sworn I saw him playing guard this year!

My memory is slowly fading. Ugh.

I knew about Baker. He was taken in the same draft as Long and Matt Ryan...IIRC the Falcons traded back into the top of the 1st round to get him.

I know before this season a lot of Falcon fans weren't happy with Baker though and most wanted to dump him after last season.

Brown was in that first round too.

I also don't want to give Ireland an excuse to take another OL in the first.

Oh wow is he really? Goes to show what I thought. I could have sworn I saw him playing guard this year!

My memory is slowly fading. Ugh.

well you may have seen it right...i just know that he was playing center to start the year...maybe they had an injury or something and shifted him to guard...i watched the tennessee bama slaughter but didn't pay much attention to the line play...i was all about the justin hunter dee milliner matchup in that one...

i will tell you this though make sure you get an eye on the miss st bama game this week...there's a cb named jonathon banks for state that i would think long and hard about with our top pick if he was there still...guy just oozes ball skills and ball awareness and the length is terrific

Pretty sure Ireland said after the 2nd day of the draft he has plans to secure Jake Long for a very long time

... why would he wait until AFTER the 2nd day of the draft? I googled this and can't find anything close to this

... why would he wait until AFTER the 2nd day of the draft? I googled this and can't find anything close to this

Here's the link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/29/ireland-says-jake-long-will-be-in-miami-a-long-time/

Mike Florio said:
The Dolphins’ addition of Stanford left tackle Jonathan Martin raised a few eyebrows in South Florida, because Martin very sparingly played on the right side in college. His arrival resulted in an item from Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel regarding the possibility that Martin will supplant Jake Long on the left side, especially since Long may not fit with the team’s new lighter/quicker approach to offensive linemen.

G.M. Jeff Ireland addressed the Sun-Sentinel report on Saturday night, during an end-of-draft press conference.
“I’d like to clear the air on an article,” Ireland said. “I don’t normally go overboard on media speculation. But [Friday night] I saw an article about Jake Long. I have plans to keep Jake Long here for a long time. So, let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves. . . . We drafted Jonathan Martin to be a tackle on this football team, a right tackle on this football team. Let’s don’t speculate any further than that.”

Because after the fins drafted Jonathan Martin one of the columnists the next morning said he could be Jake Long's replacement. At that night's draft press conference he felt the need to address the situation.

Back
Top Bottom