Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins shopping Jake Long?

If Ireland uses the franchise tag on Jake next year then this team will never be able to get the play makers it needs on offense to help Tannehill. I want to keep Jake but only at the right price. He is definitely not worth top 5 tackle money!

jakes not signing for anything less than top 5 tackle money...especially if ireland lets him sniff free agency...which he's not gonna do...i will be floored if ireland traded or let jake walk...floored

stupid chargers fans .i would shop him for a 1st and 2nd along with a pick in 2014 perhaps a 4th

i will say this though...in the event we let jake walk or traded him whatever i would be all about grabbing texas a & m tackle jake matthews in the draft...move martin to the left side and add this guy already playing in our offense who might even have left tackle feet and people are really sleeping on cause of his top 10 left tackle pick teammate stoekel...

I have to question if Long is worth re-signing, aside from the money. I love Jake as a player and leader. Hell, he took a bunch of cash out of his own pocket for lockout workouts. I just don't know that he fits into this zone blocking scheme. So far, it's been below average in run blocking, while doing pretty well in pass protect.

I think this question has to be answered before the money.

Jake hasn't been his dominant self (dominant meaning top 3 LT, in this case) but he's still arguably our best lineman and he's playing like it. He helps hide a lot of Incognito's glaring issues, and he's a team leader. The ONLY reason not to re-sign Long (or to trade him) would be to save cap room for other players/positions of need.

i will say this though...in the event we let jake walk or traded him whatever i would be all about grabbing texas a & m tackle jake matthews in the draft...move martin to the left side and add this guy already playing in our offense who might even have left tackle feet and people are really sleeping on cause of his top 10 left tackle pick teammate stoekel...

What's your view on Matthews vs Fluker? Both the Texas A&M tackles are slated to be 1st round picks, right? I doubt we're dropping a pick that high on a RT.

Why not go after Fluker in the 2nd? Unless, of course, you see a huge glaring difference between the two, which you might, I haven't looked at Matthews much. I just think Fluker is a natural RT and is one of the 2 best run blockers. I also think he's handled pass rushers VERY well on his side, although his quality of competition is questionable. He's been dominant, for the most part, against every end hes faced.

I also think it's pretty unlikely that the son of Bruce Matthews flies under the radar

I was just reading an article on boltbeat.com that the chargers should find a way to trade for Jake Long. As I was reading through the comments their fans seem to think we are shopping Jake Long. Did I miss something? I havent heard we were shopping Long.

http://boltbeat.com/2012/10/18/chargers-need-to-figure-out-how-to-trade-for-jake-long/

For some reason, it appears that Jake Long is the guy some fans want traded away ?? He's due to become a FA next year, he isn't the prototypical WCO/Zone blocking LT and suddenly everyone is talking about a trade...I'll take Jake as he is... I don't see him getting traded, no way, no how...

MMoore, on the other hand, if we could get a 5th rounder for him, I can see them moving him out. He also is a FA next season and obviously doesn't fit in the WCO that Philbin runs...IF and it's a big if, he gets traded for whatever reason, I'd have to guess that they feel that Garrard is ready to come in and back Tanny up...but that's a big if...

What's your view on Matthews vs Fluker? Both the Texas A&M tackles are slated to be 1st round picks, right? I doubt we're dropping a pick that high on a RT.

Why not go after Fluker in the 2nd? Unless, of course, you see a huge glaring difference between the two, which you might, I haven't looked at Matthews much. I just think Fluker is a natural RT and is one of the 2 best run blockers. I also think he's handled pass rushers VERY well on his side, although his quality of competition is questionable. He's been dominant, for the most part, against every end hes faced.

I also think it's pretty unlikely that the son of Bruce Matthews flies under the radar

fluker is awfully damn large for the zbs...matthews fits this o and blocking scheme like a glove...if jake walked and i could get matthews with a high 2nd rounder i would be on it...after what i saw against lsu the other day i think it's hard to imagine that kid getting out of round 1...but you just know sherman is gonna put in a good word there if jake leaves...

stoekel as a left tackle is gonna probably be a top 10 pick...imo they're both 1st round tackles...i have a 1st round grade on matthews

anyways crazy i see fluker as being someone the jets would target...a bull dozing right tackle that fits the ground and pound philosophy they have and need with sanchez under center...

the jets also at some damn point need to draft a win edge pass rusher so a dmontre moore also could be in play for them with a top pick...but i've been waiting for them to do something about the lack of a win edge pass rusher on d forever it seems and they haven't so...who knows

Jake has been injury-prone and has had difficulty staying on the field. He doesn't fit the ZBS. He will require Joe Thomas-type money to re-sign. How well did that contract work out for Cleveland? We need to let him walk in free agency and find a suitable replacement in the draft. Same with Richie Incognito. Whether that meaqns we draft a LOT or move Jonathan Martin to the left and draft a ROT - it doesn't matter. We need to have players that fit the scheme. For those that say we can't let Long walk and get nothing for him - I say this - we'll get a ton of cap relief next year and possibly a decent supplemental pick the following year.

Jake has been injury-prone and has had difficulty staying on the field. He doesn't fit the ZBS.

Out of 70 games Big Jake has missed only 2 games
Hardly what I would call difficulty staying on the field

anyways crazy i see fluker as being someone the jets would target...a bull dozing right tackle that fits the ground and pound philosophy they have and need with sanchez under center...

the jets also at some damn point need to draft a win edge pass rusher so a dmontre moore also could be in play for them with a top pick...but i've been waiting for them to do something about the lack of a win edge pass rusher on d forever it seems and they haven't so...who knows

If we can land a guy like that in the 2nd, I'd be all for it, but I just don't see Matthews falling out of the 1st. Seems like we are in agreement there.

And yeah, damn. I had a feeling you'd say he was too large for this offense. He looks like he moves well enough for his size but he's definitely more of a road grating RT. If he fell to the Jets in the 2nd I'd be disappointed, because I think he'll do incredibly well in a Sparano offense.

The one guy who jumps out at me when I watch the Bama line is that Jones kid at guard. He's smaller, does he fit this offense at all? Maybe kick him out to RT, he certainly seems to have the feet and point of attack strength for it. Then again you'd probably know better than I.

Jake has been injury-prone and has had difficulty staying on the field. He doesn't fit the ZBS. He will require Joe Thomas-type money to re-sign. How well did that contract work out for Cleveland? We need to let him walk in free agency and find a suitable replacement in the draft. Same with Richie Incognito. Whether that meaqns we draft a LOT or move Jonathan Martin to the left and draft a ROT - it doesn't matter. We need to have players that fit the scheme. For those that say we can't let Long walk and get nothing for him - I say this - we'll get a ton of cap relief next year and possibly a decent supplemental pick the following year.

How many games has Jake Long missed since turning pro and where has it been stated he wants Thomas type money?

When Jake is making his speech in Canton I hope he mentions the Dolphins fans who wanted rid of him after 1 contract :err:

If we can land a guy like that in the 2nd, I'd be all for it, but I just don't see Matthews falling out of the 1st. Seems like we are in agreement there.

And yeah, damn. I had a feeling you'd say he was too large for this offense. He looks like he moves well enough for his size but he's definitely more of a road grating RT. If he fell to the Jets in the 2nd I'd be disappointed, because I think he'll do incredibly well in a Sparano offense.

The one guy who jumps out at me when I watch the Bama line is that Jones kid at guard. He's smaller, does he fit this offense at all? Maybe kick him out to RT, he certainly seems to have the feet and point of attack strength for it. Then again you'd probably know better than I.

i like barret jones and chance warmack...for us i like jones though i think he'd make a solid zbs versatile lineman...he's playing center at a high level for bama this year after playing i think it was left tackle last year...just tells you what kind of versatility this kid has...and teams will covet it...i think jones give you pivot both guard right tackle pro type skills...who wouldn't covet that...probably a late round 1 pick...

Back
Top Bottom