Are the Miami Dolphins a few pieces short or a couple of years? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins a few pieces short or a couple of years?

Why does it have to be a couple years? This is the NFL, a parity driven league where teams turn it around in one year. We made the playoffs on a less than stellar roster. We can go even further with some additions. The roster is never going to be perfect in the age of free agency. As the Patriots have shown yet after year, the coaching and scheme and structure is just as if not important than the pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Example: Dallas. We hit on a couple stars and we are threatening.

OV is not better than JPP, no way. They can't afford both and I'd say we would win in that swapping.

JPP had a higher snap percentage and overall snap count than any other edge defender in the NFL, yet still struggled to consistently put up rushing production. His best game of 3 sacks came against Bears backup RT Mike Adams and inflated his numbers if one was to stare ar statistics alone.

If Miami's offense can do a Atlanta Falcons turnaround then Miami can be in contention next year.

You are right about that. I see our offense making a big jump especially if we get OJ Howard. But you still need a decent defense. I'm not saying Atlanta has one. I'm saying it is going to keep Atlanta from winning it all

I DO think we're a couple years away. I don't see us competing on the level of NE next year...but the following year: LOOK OUT!

Based on how we played this year, I think, if healthy, we are legit contenders as currently constructed. Of course, health & home field advantage are critical factors. It's true that we have weaknesses but so does every team. We don't have to be great at every position. I like our chances against any team right now but unfortunately we were decimated by injuries.

We should contend next year.

The Falcons sucked last year but they had Matt Ryan, Julio (was hurt a lot), two solid RB's and average TE's.

Last year they drafted mostly defense (speed - Vic Beasley beasted this year, he was average last year). This year they picked up Alex Mack to shore up the offensive line, brought in Sanu, the Cleveland WR cast off, and now they are rolling with Shanahan calling the plays (year 2).

Our offense is set outside of OG, don't let anyone fool you. Pick up a solid free agent guard, maybe pick up another RB in free agency, maybe cut Grant and pick up another speedy WR, but the offense is set outside of OG.

On defense, we pick up LB after LB after LB....maybe a DE, slot CB, and another LB for the hell of it.

1. Shore up OG (need a stud here).
2. Draft speedy, mauling LB's
3. Get depth at CB (and Safety).

Gase is the truth, and Tanny will be in Year 2 of the offense....you do the above and we can contend with GB, Dallas, NE, Pitt, ATL, KC, etc....Gase is smart and he will be even better at calling plays next year.

We should contend next year.

The Falcons sucked last year but they had Matt Ryan, Julio (was hurt a lot), two solid RB's and average TE's.

Last year they drafted mostly defense (speed - Vic Beasley beasted this year, he was average last year). This year they picked up Alex Mack to shore up the offensive line, brought in Sanu, the Cleveland WR cast off, and now they are rolling with Shanahan calling the plays (year 2).

Our offense is set outside of OG, don't let anyone fool you. Pick up a solid free agent guard, maybe pick up another RB in free agency, maybe cut Grant and pick up another speedy WR, but the offense is set outside of OG.

On defense, we pick up LB after LB after LB....maybe a DE, slot CB, and another LB for the hell of it.

1. Shore up OG (need a stud here).
2. Draft speedy, mauling LB's
3. Get depth at CB (and Safety).

Gase is the truth, and Tanny will be in Year 2 of the offense....you do the above and we can contend with GB, Dallas, NE, Pitt, ATL, KC, etc....Gase is smart and he will be even better at calling plays next year.

I agree. We are set beyond a lb or 2 and some depth additions. Gase seems to be one of the better coaches in the league.

I have some confidence in Gase but I think it's too soon to say. The Dolphins played a really weak schedule and barely beat some very, very bad teams. Not only that, they only beat one team with a winning record, who turned around and murdered them in the playoffs. Next season's schedule will be far more difficult.

The defense has a lot of holes to fill and the o-line needs to find a few that can be rotated out because once it wasn't all starters, it was garage.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I still don't think Tannehill has what it takes. Maybe I'm wrong and once he's comfortable in Gase's offense, he will light the world on fire.

I have some confidence in Gase but I think it's too soon to say. The Dolphins played a really weak schedule and barely beat some very, very bad teams. Not only that, they only beat one team with a winning record, who turned around and murdered them in the playoffs. Next season's schedule will be far more difficult.

The defense has a lot of holes to fill and the o-line needs to find a few that can be rotated out because once it wasn't all starters, it was garage.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I still don't think Tannehill has what it takes. Maybe I'm wrong and once he's comfortable in Gase's offense, he will light the world on fire.

That horse was beaten to death, picked apart by scavengers, left to rot in the sun, and the carcass has since disintegrated into dust.

Any doubters now simply have poor judgement.

Good teams beat the teams that they are supposed to beat and we did. I agree that we have some holes but we also were missing 8 starters by the end of the year. At full strength, we would be competitive with any team in the league. I mean, Tannehill, jones, & pouncey were out and they're 3 of our top 5 players.

Back
Top Bottom