Are the Texans.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Texans....

The Monday Night Miracle, eh? Coleman is a beast. :tongue:

ChambersWI said:
it's both heart breaking, yet strangly satisfying to talk about all the f-ups under the Wanny regime. There is one game I will never talk about though, it happened on a certain Monday Night Game. I still cry whenever they show those highlights :cry:

Does it invlove the J-E-T-S?

ChambersWI said:
it's both heart breaking, yet strangly satisfying to talk about all the f-ups under the Wanny regime. There is one game I will never talk about though, it happened on a certain Monday Night Game. I still cry whenever they show those highlights :cry:

yeah the jets comeback one haunts me big time.

DolphanD said:
Do you think he would go to OLB since he is only 6 feet tall? I don't see him being a good pass rusher. Maybe they're confident Babin will step up to be the primary rusher and mostly drop Morlon into coverage. So how was Morlon in coverage? I live in Houston and know that they were wanting to move Kailee Wong to the inside last year if they could have but didn't succeed. So I see Morlon as Houston's OLB who doesn't pass rush too often but defend the run and drop into coverage.

The Texans have already stated that they are moving Wong inside. Greenwood is too small to play outside, so the Texans will have 3 inside LB's competing for 2 spots. Babin will continue to play outside, and Peek will be brought in as the starter on the other side. The Texans will also draft another OLB.

I think Greenwood will beat out Wong. Greenwood will have a chance to make more plays in the 3-4 than he did in Bates' vanilla scheme.

phinphan11 said:
You woulda thought so, but:

KICKING
FG LG XP PTS
O. Mare 0/0 0 2/2 2

I was confused by this as well. What ACTUALLY HAPPENED was Mare DID miss a field goal on a 4th down, I believe, but the Texans got a penalty which gave the Phins a first down. The stats don't reflect the miss.

DolphanD said:
But if the Texans can't put some pressure on the QB this year and get some sacks(last in league in '04) I wouldn't be surprised if Vic Fangio(DC) would be canned after '05 atleast,if not Capers will go altogether.

Living in Houston, I can give you a little information about this pick-up. Haven't checked out the Forums but, listen to sports radio quite often. I'm surprised that none of the fans are blasting Charlie Casserly about this, but they're not. They are saying that they wanted to add some speed at the linebacker spot and Greenwood would be taking Foreman's linebacker spot next to Sharper. I'm very, very surprised at the money that was offered to Greenwood. Yes, the Texans have problems getting to the quarterback, but I don't see where Greenwood helps. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he had a sack last year. The Texan fans are thinking, since he has been a 4 yr starter for a good Miami defense the last 4 years, that this signing is okay.

MHO, it's a typical over priced FA signing. I feel that Saban has his plans in order and will not over pay this year. Maybe, next year he'll overpay to fill a specific role, but I think that will be after he has built this team to his liking.

Well, Houston just paid game-changer type $ for a role-filler. Greenwood is dependable and competent, but no where close to living up to that kind of money; at least not anything he's shown here in four years.

Agua said:
Well, Houston just paid game-changer type $ for a role-filler. Greenwood is dependable and competent, but no where close to living up to that kind of money; at least not anything he's shown here in four years.

My thoughts exactly - I'm not sure why there isn't more Texan fans coming down on Casserly for this.....

Back
Top Bottom