Are We 3-2 Or 0-5??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We 3-2 Or 0-5???

- consistently generating turnovers
- Continued improvement and consistent floor for special teams
- High Level play from Godchaux and Taylor

I am a firm believer in Belichick’s statement about the first four games being an extension of the preseason with the modifier that 2-2 or better is a must. We exceeded this minimum mark. The Bengals game was a tough road game during the period when it is reasonable to judge teams. It is concerning that we lost in the 4th quarter, but it is being blown out of proportion. Even though the Bears is a non-conference game, losing to the Bears is a bigger hit. We need to win our home games to be a good team.

Beyond that, anyone watching Miami play the past two weeks realizes the Fins aren't a playoff caliber team and are getting worse offensively, although that doesn't seem even possible. The Pats were giving up 28ppg until they played Miami and Cincy was giving up 28.25ppg.

Judging any teams during those first four games is fraught with inaccuracies. It can take time for a team to find its groove, so the 28 ppg is not a reasonable way to criticize the Dolphins. Being physically dominated is more concerning.

just curious cause it seems like its all doom & gloom all the time with a lot of posters on here lol. Last time I checked, we still have a winning record and are playing AT home this coming Sunday vs da Bears (very winnable game) . I seem to recall we turned around a very sloppy / ugly start to the 2016 season and made the playoffs. Gotta stay positive folks. Go Fins!

It's how we're losing that's the issue, ppl on this forum have seen this movie before so they know how it's going to end. If we were competitive against the Patriots everyone would be more optimistic, The 17-0 lead vs the Bengals was very deceiving our offense struggled to put up 7 points even though we had help from a red zone interception Dalton threw and a punt return for a td by Grant, the Tunsil injury just made everything worse.

I thought we were a 7 OR 8 win team before the season began

then suddenly it was "damn, we might be 4-1!!!!"

then we DID NOT ONE ****ING THING RIGHT FOR ONE ****ING QUARTER AND TURNED A CHICKEN SALAD SEASON INTO CHICKEN ****!!!!

then you tell yourself that after throwing deep on 3 and 1 and giving up "sea of hands, the sequel". that this is just "the Dolphins are gonna Dolphin". after that I really don't want to see any more

its in the lyrics of a hit song for god sakes

just curious cause it seems like its all doom & gloom all the time with a lot of posters on here lol. Last time I checked, we still have a winning record and are playing AT home this coming Sunday vs da Bears (very winnable game) . I seem to recall we turned around a very sloppy / ugly start to the 2016 season and made the playoffs. Gotta stay positive folks. Go Fins!

Da Bears (very winnable game) lmao!!! That Bears defense is going feast on this weak Gase offense. Miami’s offense has looked worse this year than last.

UnripeCavernousBilby-size_restricted.gif

It's how we're losing that's the issue, ppl on this forum have seen this movie before so they know how it's going to end. If we were competitive against the Patriots everyone would be more optimistic, The 17-0 lead vs the Bengals was very deceiving our offense struggled to put up 7 points even though we had help from a red zone interception Dalton threw and a punt return for a td by Grant, the Tunsil injury just made everything worse.

While I admit that we have to generate more on offense which has been by and large our own execution more than anything else holding us back (similar to 16 thru week 5 I might add) that cinci defense is a pretty good outfit and it was a road game.

It’s too high expectations to think you are just gonna walk in there and dent the scoreboard facing the league leader in pressures and with a interior game wrecker vs your 2nd team left guard.

We moved the ball pretty well we just didn’t finish but more than that we played pretty damn good football thru 3 quarters.

That would have been a quality win regardless of how we got it be it 17-14 or whatever. You get a win on the road vs a team that going in had basically all the advantages and the home field I think you sign up for that any day.

Couple in the fact that the tempo seems to be gone likely due to o line attrition at this point and we don’t have a true alpha win option playing right now. So there’s no true defeat coverage option out there. And we both know the tight end position is giving us nothing.

All of us need to take a step back and just hope for the best this Sunday. It's fun to critique, criticize and postulate but in the end I think most of us here do want the team to succeed.

I've been guilty of some "sky is falling" mentality on Mondays, but I usually snap out of it around Wednesday then try to look at the bright spots, as few as there have been recently.

The offense has been putrid even in the wins. Always a slow start. Always.

You’d think we won the Super Bowl in 2016 with the way it is cited ad nauseum.

While I admit that we have to generate more on offense which has been by and large our own execution more than anything else holding us back (similar to 16 thru week 5 I might add) that cinci defense is a pretty good outfit and it was a road game.

It’s too high expectations to think you are just gonna walk in there and dent the scoreboard facing the league leader in pressures and with a interior game wrecker vs your 2nd team left guard.

We moved the ball pretty well we just didn’t finish but more than that we played pretty damn good football thru 3 quarters.

That would have been a quality win regardless of how we got it be it 17-14 or whatever. You get a win on the road vs a team that going in had basically all the advantages and the home field I think you sign up for that any day.

Couple in the fact that the tempo seems to be gone likely due to o line attrition at this point and we don’t have a true alpha win option playing right now. So there’s no true defeat coverage option out there. And we both know the tight end position is giving us nothing.

True, I wanted William Jackson so bad that draft lol, Cincy has an underrated roster with good depth as well but after the NE game I expected us to make a statement and show the world we're legit but we laid an egg.

Back
Top Bottom