Are we done in FA? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done in FA?

Unknown. I wouldn't give up more than a third for a 29 year old RB even if it is Henry. If they'd take a third, we just upgraded the running game by a good bit because he'd be put in the rotation to max out what we get out of him for a longer duration.

Imagine Hill, Waddle, and Ez E/Cracraft/Berrios out there with the defense also needing to account for King Henry. What do you do? If you don't put 8 in the box, Henry is blowing through but if you put 8 in the box, how do you stop Waddle and Hill AND the third WR with only three guys? It's a nightmare situation.
Then there is his $16 M salary we cannot pay. Charbonnet would be the best RB option.

Unknown. I wouldn't give up more than a third for a 29 year old RB even if it is Henry. If they'd take a third, we just upgraded the running game by a good bit because he'd be put in the rotation to max out what we get out of him for a longer duration. Imagine Hill, Waddle, and Ez E/Cracraft/Berrios out there with the defense also needing to account for King Henry. What do you do? If you don't put 8 in the box, Henry is blowing through but if you put 8 in the box, how do you account for Waddle and Hill? It's a nightmare situation.
Well I just went 6 to midnight thinking of this...

Then there is his $16 M salary we cannot pay. Charbonnet would be the best RB option.
Renegotiate and max out his guaranteed money/signing bonus which can be spread over 5 years. He wants a ring and we're one of the best chances to get him one.

Renegotiate and max out his guaranteed money/signing bonus which can be spread over 5 years. He wants a ring and we're one of the best chances to get him one.
He is guaranteed $16 M this year and then is a FA. You can only spread a bonus over the term of the contract and he will be 30. Can't see it.

Last edited:
He is guaranteed $16 M this year and is a FA. You can only spread a bonus over the term of the contract and he will be 30. Can't see it.
He's not a FA. He's under contract with the Titans. That's why we'd have to trade for him.

No, definitely not.

My expectation is that we do one or two extensions, which frees up another $5-10 million in cap space for 2023. That, combined with the $13 million we have opening up on June 1, will buy us two more additions.

We have remaining needs at TE, LG, and RT/swing tackle. Arguably could use some fresh blood at RB, too. Our two draft picks plus approximately $10 million of cap space to spend should allow us to fill those needs.

I think we're done for now.....they're on the draft right now and once they see who they get, they might make a couple of moves after the june cuts.

Back
Top Bottom