Are we done in FA? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done in FA?

Do you guys thing we’re done in FA? Looks like we’re pretty much at cap now with the VanGink signing.

I’d love to bring in another FA OL (the G from SD, or Risner?) ther means we’d have to extend Wilkins and/or trade Ogbah or Wilson to free up some more space.

We’ve got a second and a third rounder coming up, and the way things are are now, those have to go to OL and TE (whichever order seems best once we’re on the board).

If we could somehow sign a respectable starting G in FA now, that could free up that second or third for a quality RB (don’t want to trade a pick and sign a back for big money).

I guess we could always try to trade down I. The second and pick up an extra 4th, but easier said than done.

I think they're though with all anticipated FAs. If a good FA shows up with a quite good ask, that could change things. Even then, it would require more cuts or restructures.
Keep in mind only teams with FEW holes attempt to fill them in one season. Like it or not, if MIA only fills TE and 1-2 good backups in the draft, this has been a very good off-season, given all the holes.

You thought we were done at this point last year. Then we still added Hill and TA.
last year at this point we had plenty of ca space to do it. Totally different now.....once AVG is in the books we'll have about 2mill of cap space.

Not saying something won’t happen but logic tells me that they're on the draft now as are most teams.......once we know who we got in the draft they might be happy as we are or they might want to do something else but for now, I believe we're done with anything big.

He's a troll. I've said it hundreds of times. He's only here to agitate. He brings nothing to the table besides his whining.
And of course, here’s the devil himself always coming on here to defend himself. Get someone else to evaluate OL talent, Chrissy-poo.

What ARE you talking about? You renegotiate the contract with an extension. There's no real conceptual rain here, why are your tires spinning?
This post was explaining a mistake you posted to before.

Back on topic. Henry is guaranteed $16 M this year. How would you renegotiate with a RB who will be 30 next year? IF you try to save half his money this year, it costs us $8 M and we would get nailed for over $20 M next year on a 2 year new deal. It does not work.

last year at this point we had plenty of ca space to do it. Totally different now.....once AVG is in the books we'll have about 2mill of cap space.

Not saying something won’t happen but logic tells me that they're on the draft now as are most teams.......once we know who we got in the draft they might be happy as we are or they might want to do something else but for now, I believe we're done with anything big.
The cap space this year isn't the issue. Even with AVG, we have the Jones money coming and we can extend Wilkins for more space. But I'm with you, I don't think it happens. We also need to worry about next years cap space and Grier will want to roll some money over. Derrick Henry in theory sounds pretty great though...

Back on topic. Henry is guaranteed $16 M this year. How would you renegotiate with a RB who will be 30 next year? IF you try to save half his money this year, it costs us $8 M and we would get nailed for over $20 M next year on a 2 year new deal. It does not work.
I think there are plenty of models to employ to get him under contract if the desire is there.

I remember reading somewhere that if Henry is traded, his new team only takes on about $10 million. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Titans eat up even more of that cap and he comes even cheaper than that. They're rebuilding and may pay homage to a legend by letting him pick his new team and doing whatever they can so he can make a run at a Super Bowl.

I remember reading somewhere that if Henry is traded, his new team only takes on about $10 million. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Titans eat up even more of that cap and he comes even cheaper than that. They're rebuilding and may pay homage to a legend by letting him pick his new team and doing whatever they can so he can make a run at a Super Bowl.
Titans have said they are willing to pay Henry's salary depending upon the deal worked out. Don't know if we want him that bad but they have said that.

Back
Top Bottom