Are we getting false Feeley reports? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we getting false Feeley reports?

TKO said:
What exactly does it mean then?
It means he has the *potential* of going there, if he continues to improve. Just like JP Losman has the *potential* of going to the pro bowl.

How can anyone say how Feeley will do as a starting QB or whether he will beat out Fielder based on what happened at the mini-camps?

Mini-camps are not for evaluation but rather for instruction and handing out playbooks. Players are expected to spend the next month studying the playbook so that when camp opens, they know their assignments.

I would bet the Dolphins brought in Feeley to start, but he still needs to beat out Fiedler.

Pro Bowl caliber talk is ridiculous.

NLude33 said:
Brady, Warner, Delhome, and even Dilfer was a BACK-UP (which Feeley was), and came in and took their team to the super bowl. The rest of your post is probably right on, but there is hope, but I know you Bills fans can't give us the benifit of doubt.

If Feeley was the BACK-UP, why was he listed 3rd on the depth chart? And please don't tell me that its because Detmer was the holder on the field goal/EP units. And like I stated before, Feeley may turn out to be an upgrade at the QB position, I just think the Pro Bowl talk is premature. It has nothing to do with giving Miami the benefit of the doubt, I was just stating the obvious. By the way, I said nothing of Feeley not being able to take the Phins to the Super Bowl, I was talking about the Pro Bowl. I'm pretty sure that Brady and Warner are the only two who have gone to the Pro Bowl in the list you provided.

LIQUID24 said:
It means he has the *potential* of going there, if he continues to improve. Just like JP Losman has the *potential* of going to the pro bowl.

Can't the same be said for just about every player in the league?

Most players don't make it to the probowl in the first year they're deserving of it. It's always going to be a popularity contest and the most votes usually win, not the best player.

TKO said:
Can't the same be said for just about every player in the league?
Yeah, pretty much. But most everyone that has seen Feeley play really likes his potential. Also, Eagles fans have nothing but good things to say about him.

Most of these "experts" haven't been to camp.

I'll take the word of our camp guys, many whom I have met and have history with, than some national reporter guy.

NLude33 said:
Brady, Warner, Delhome, and even Dilfer was a BACK-UP (which Feeley was), and came in and took their team to the super bowl. The rest of your post is probably right on, but there is hope, but I know you Bills fans can't give us the benifit of doubt.

Brady, Warner, Delhome, Dilfer, all backups on their OWN TEAMS. They didn't go to another team and take that team to a superbowl. Why do people keep comparing Feeley to these Qb's? Thats like negotiating a contract for Ogun comparing the salaries of FA when he is a RFA.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

FlyingElvis said:
How can anyone say how Feeley will do as a starting QB or whether he will beat out Fielder based on what happened at the mini-camps?

Mini-camps are not for evaluation but rather for instruction and handing out playbooks. Players are expected to spend the next month studying the playbook so that when camp opens, they know their assignments.

I would bet the Dolphins brought in Feeley to start, but he still needs to beat out Fiedler.

Pro Bowl caliber talk is ridiculous.

Amen............it is jumping the gun. But because Fiedler sucks and we've missed the playoffs the last 2 years, it somehow makes Feeley Pro Bowl calibur.

Muck said:
Most of these "experts" haven't been to camp.

I'll take the word of our camp guys, many whom I have met and have history with, than some national reporter guy.

I'll take what the people who get paid to cover the sport say over biased, opinionated people who go from this forum. The people who cover the sport dont need to go to every single camp the advantage they have over anyone from this forum is they talk to the people who are in charge of making the decisions, thats how they get their news.

And if people from this forum are saying Feeley will be the starter from camp reports that is a joke. These camps are not even practice, Vets take these camps very lightly. :shakeno:

LIQUID24 said:
Yeah, pretty much. But most everyone that has seen Feeley play really likes his potential. Also, Eagles fans have nothing but good things to say about him.

Most Dolphins fans have nothing but good things to say about Sage..........does that make him a potential pro-bowler??????

DolFinatic718 said:
Brady, Warner, Delhome, Dilfer, all backups on their OWN TEAMS. They didn't go to another team and take that team to a superbowl. Why do people keep comparing Feeley to these Qb's? Thats like negotiating a contract for Ogun comparing the salaries of FA when he is a RFA.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Yeah, they're definately taking the "glass half full" side of that argument.

enigmatics said:
Most Dolphins fans have nothing but good things to say about Sage..........does that make him a potential pro-bowler??????
I never said he was a potential pro-bowler, I was merely explaining what ONE person said about Feeley. Has Sage even played a full game yet???? At least there are 5 games to judge Feeley on.

enigmatics said:
:roflmao: Good point. I never thought about it like that....Sage can even be rented.

Back
Top Bottom