Are we getting false Feeley reports? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we getting false Feeley reports?

Not claiming to be an expert or anything, my take was that Feeley started in a hole and really looked horrible for first few practices. So going from horrible to where he is now (average) was a huge gain and the improvement was very encouraging. But to expect him to continue on the same progress I think is very unrealistic. And it is incredibly premature to mention Feeley and Pro-Bowl in the same sentence regardless of the disclaimer!

To this point AJ has only shown he has the tools to compete in this league, but Jay out played him in almost every practice so AJ has a lot of work to do to even challange Fiedler for the starting job.

I think there is some wishful thinking going on with some of these reports... Except for mine of course! :goof:

I think there is some wishful thinking going on with some of these reports...
I think thats because a lot of Phin fans here probably can't see Fielder taking you deep into the playoffs. He's had his shot. Feeley represents new hope.

Dude said:
Not claiming to be an expert or anything, my take was that Feeley started in a hole and really looked horrible for first few practices. So going from horrible to where he is now (average) was a huge gain and the improvement was very encouraging. But to expect him to continue on the same progress I think is very unrealistic. And it is incredibly premature to mention Feeley and Pro-Bowl in the same sentence regardless of the disclaimer!

To this point AJ has only shown he has the tools to compete in this league, but Jay out played him in almost every practice so AJ has a lot of work to do to even challange Fiedler for the starting job.

I think there is some wishful thinking going on with some of these reports... Except for mine of course! :goof:

Dude:

I respect your reports and you are actually there since you provide visual evidence..I take your word any over the other TC reporter.

You do a great job with your reports.

I can't foget Ozzy who has been doing reports since I found this great website.

DolFinatic718 said:
Brady, Warner, Delhome, Dilfer, all backups on their OWN TEAMS. They didn't go to another team and take that team to a superbowl. Why do people keep comparing Feeley to these Qb's? Thats like negotiating a contract for Ogun comparing the salaries of FA when he is a RFA.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
Well, Delhome and Dilfer were in there first years with their teams when they came in to play. Warner was in his second year with St. Louis, and off of a NFLE season.....as was Delhome.

Why are you guys stuck on this pro bowl thing, the original poster used that point in making his presentation about how are our qb's, in particular AJ is doing. If I remember the camp reports correctly, AJ started slowly, he was thinking a lot, and he wasn't passing as good as JF. that was the 1st mini camp. In the 2nd he was showing the deep ball touch that every one on this board craves, but still behind in terms of knowing the O and also hitting his wing passes. In the next camp we heard he was throwing the ball better, not thinking as much and starting to look a little more confident, and thus look as thought he was catching up with Jay. In the last disputed sighting for the rookies only camp, he was there on Tuesday and looking very good with his throws and confidence in the O terminology and as though he was ready to challenge in TC. This is where my understanding of him is right now. That being said, if we had to play tomorrow, Jay would start. My thoughts are that he and the rest of the new comers probably are using this time to catch up and learn as much of the play book as possible so that there will be real competition in TC. At this point I think we will see what we have in AF, he would have learn more of the playbook and know where the ball should go, and thus help him naturally do things on the field instead of thinking, which usually doesn't allow a person to play to his strength athletically because he's thinking and not reacting. All in all, I think he will be better parpared to actually do something in TC as to oppose learning in mini camps.

catapano said:
The mini camp reports ive read on fin heaven suggest that Fiedler orginally started off much quicker than Feeley, however Feeley has quickly closed the gap on Fiedler. And at one point one said if Feeley continues to improve we could possibly have a probowl calibur QB on our hands, needless to say i have never heard the words probowl and Fiedler in the same sentence.
The most recent reports ive read say that Feeley is now outplaying Fiedler and is looking more and more like the starter. but most experts seem to disagree they all seem to agree that Fiedler has a comanding lead at the QB position. SO whats the haps is Feeley truely outplaying Fiedler or are we just hearing what most want so badly to believe?

You have to understand that this has just begun.
Feeley hasn't even been pads yet or fully learned the playbook.
Feeley and Fiedler have a lot of battling to do with a small amount of time to do it in. I don't think we will see Feeley as a complete package this entire year. The problem Dolphin brass have to figure out is whether Feeley in his first year as a starter and first year in a new offense will be able to play well enough to better the inconsistent play they know they will have with Fiedler.
While being inconsistent they at least know what level of play to expect with Jay but don't with AJ. We won't have a good idea on who should start until after the second or third preseason game and even then the decision may just come down to the gut feelings of the coaching staff.

NLude33 said:
Well, Delhome and Dilfer were in there first years with their teams when they came in to play. Warner was in his second year with St. Louis, and off of a NFLE season.....as was Delhome.

Don't use facts and well thought out arguments with Dolfinatic it only confuses him. :goof:

Obviously you can figure that out on your own based on his post referencing Warner and Delhome as not good examples of what Feeley MAY be able to do with this team.

minus said:
Dude:

I respect your reports and you are actually there since you provide visual evidence..I take your word any over the other TC reporter.

You do a great job with your reports.

I can't foget Ozzy who has been doing reports since I found this great website.
TY Minis.

In all fairness, until this recient debate over if Flury got into the closed practice or not, I never suspected he wasn't actually at the practices he reported from. I can't say I agreed with all his evaluations/conclustions/predictions, but from the details he wrote on the practices I was at, it was usually aparent to me he was there...

Trekbiz said:
Don't use facts and well thought out arguments with Dolfinatic it only confuses him. :goof:

Obviously you can figure that out on your own based on his post referencing Warner and Delhome as not good examples of what Feeley MAY be able to do with this team.

Hey we need a new smiley on this board and it should be called Trekbiz.

It should show one smiley stalking another because dude you are on my D_ _ K!

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey we need a new smiley on this board and it should be called Trekbiz.

It should show one smiley stalking another because dude you are on my D_ _ K!

Whew! Now, Now, ya'll need to stop, it's off season and it's hard to have nothing going on for a month...but let's not kill and beat each other up either..it's okay to disagree without getting into the head games that lead to emotions and hate..we're all fin phans...this is meant for Trekbiz too... :D

im just scared there going to let aj play and hes not gonna be ready yeah we know he can throw the deep ball better but what sets up a good deep pass lots of running and short passing and fiedler can damn sure do those things and i dont agree that he cant lead us to a superbowl i think he is capible, im not in love with the guy but i know what he can and cant do i feel if he stays healthy he can do it especially with boston and an improved o-line, ofcourse the o-line is not proven yet but i dont think they can be worse?

DolFinatic718 said:
I'll take what the people who get paid to cover the sport say over biased, opinionated people who go from this forum. The people who cover the sport dont need to go to every single camp the advantage they have over anyone from this forum is they talk to the people who are in charge of making the decisions, thats how they get their news.

And if people from this forum are saying Feeley will be the starter from camp reports that is a joke. These camps are not even practice, Vets take these camps very lightly. :shakeno:

Course there isnt any bias on your part 718, right? Now you know that I dont think Jay is bad, but we all know you are rooting for Jay. Question is, would you feel the same about the biased opinionated camp reporters if they were Jay supporters? Who has Mort talked to that said Jay would start? Rick? Dave? If that is the case why hasnt Alex Marvez gotten it? What about Pope? or any other local reporter for any publication? Just because they are paid, doesnt mean they know everything, Mort even said that it was his opinion. It is Daves decision, not pastaboys'

DolFinatic718 said:
I'll take what the people who get paid to cover the sport say over biased, opinionated people who go from this forum. The people who cover the sport dont need to go to every single camp the advantage they have over anyone from this forum is they talk to the people who are in charge of making the decisions, thats how they get their news.

And the "people in charge of making decisions" never feed reporters bull****?? :rofl: Oh, and they're never biased either. Jerry Greene just LOVES the Phins. So does Greg Stoda. :lol:

You're right. Eyewitness reports should always take a backseat to second and thirdhand information. Especially when the latter comes from someone who gets paid. Would our camp reporters become more credible to you if we paid them??

Dude, people are always busting on these national guys for getting their stories wrong. How about Mort's "Spurrier to Miami" piece. That thing won a Pulitzer.

They aren't infallible.

Finally, I think you should start reading Dude's and Ozzy's camp reports, because it doesn't seem like you have. Even Finsflurry would note that he's a little homeristic. But those two guys have history. And I have met them personally at these camps. Their reports speak for themselves.

And if people from this forum are saying Feeley will be the starter from camp reports that is a joke. These camps are not even practice, Vets take these camps very lightly. :shakeno:

Then the same goes for Fiedler I suppose.

I didnt say they did speak to anybody I just said that they can. They can call up anybody on the Miami front office and get answers to questions we can't. Any one of you can go to all the camps you want to and not get the answers they can get in 5 min. from talking to someone with authority. Thats my point.

Me Biased I dont think so, I just believe that the better man is Jay. I am no Jay lover, I am a logical thinker and I think that football is like chess and no one piece is more important then the other. A pawn is just as important as the King and all pieces must play their part in order for you to win. There are people on this board who support Jay like I do, some for the same reasons that I do, and what I think we all have in common is that we are logical thinkers. We know Jay is no Dan Marino but we also know that we can win games with him, and maybe even win it all under him.

I have never ever bashed Feeley for any reason because I do want the better man to win, but dont be surprised when the best man is Fiedler thats all I am saying. And if he is the better man he will still be bashed and battered by the fans.

Taking 5 mediocre games, no college resume (or a very small one should I say) and saying he should de-thrown someone just on the basis you dont like him will not get you anywhere. I will engage anyone on this board in a logical educated argument, and alot of people on this board just can't do that because they dont like the guy just because its the popular thing to do right now. Wanting somone to start as our Qb just so Jay doesn't is nonsense. I will support Jay because I believe that with heart, determination, confidence, and will you can achieve anything, and Jay possess all of that. Great physical attributes doesn't mean you will win anything in a team sport, look around, the proof is all around you.

Back
Top Bottom