Are we getting false Feeley reports? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we getting false Feeley reports?

BlueFin said:
Man where do you start with this post?

A) Its almost laughable to have to defend Marino against the likes of a journeyman like Fiedler, but lets start with Dan got us to three AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES and a superbowl, Jay won one wildcard playoff game.

B) Jay had nothing to work with on offense? At running back he's had 3 1000 yard rushers, Lamar Smith singlehandedly won the lone wildcard game we did win. The last two he's had Ricky Williams, who only led the entire league in rushing in 2002. Marino never had a consistent runningback. Marino did have receivers, Jay has had Chambers and McMichael. Maarino got us to a Superbowl with the leagues 19th ranked defense out of 28 teams, Jay has had consistently strong defense among the best the league.

In closing, Marino got us in contention with a much worse overall football team. 2002, Jay had the leagues leading rusher, top five defense and he couldn't drive us into the playoffs even. Jay throws as many interceptions as he does touchdowns and that is inconsistency, his playoff numbers are among the worst of any QB to ever play the game.

Sorry Blue...........if 1,000 yard rushers were the key to SuperBowls then alot of teams would've had one by now. There is no doubt that the difference between Marino and Fiedlers eras are that they were/are so lopsided to one side of the team.............Marino was in the offensive system...........Fiedler's playing for a defensive minded team. There's a reason we consistently place in the 20's in offensive rankings.

Jay's hasn't found his consistency since Week 6 @ Denver in 2002 and he's definately thrown some bad balls .........true.........but to continue to lay blame on one man for this teams ills is ridiculous. That offense has been putrid as a whole for a couple years now.........the whole offense......... Chambers has needed time to develop, I remember in the beginning all he was good for was pitch and catch "Go deep Chris, go get it" style of football. McMichael is as inconsistent as Jay is and still hasn't learned to block. Besides those two alone are still not enough pieces to make things happen for this team.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You are totally making a big deal out of nothing. I take borderline probowler as a solid starter that if a lot of things go right one year might make the probowl. That doesn't mean the guy believes he will be an all-star every year.

Then say solid starter if you mean solid starter. What is so hard about that???? That's what I'm trying to point out. Why does it have to be dressed up with borderline pro bowler??? See what I'm getting at. Maybe this is just me, but when I hear borderline pro bowler mentioned I think the person is one turn away from being in the upper tier of QB's. I know I'm not alone on this issue.

Borderline Pro Bowler to me is a little over-homeristic. That's just me. It's setting the tone way to high for a guy who has to learn an entirely new system and nuances of 20 other teammates on offense, especially if he's to start.

I've never seen anyone get so worked up over the words "borderline pro-bowler". It's one person's opinion. Get over it.

LIQUID24 said:
I've never seen anyone get so worked up over the words "borderline pro-bowler". It's one person's opinion. Get over it.

You should say that with a Valley Girl accent for better effect.

enigmatics said:
LOL ...........why even include the words "Pro Bowler" in their in the first place??????? C'mon man, we're not stupid. You could've used all kinds of other ways to describe the play you thought capable of this man, but saying "border-line Pro Bowler" is still taking it over the top. You're hinting at something, but don't have the balls to actually admit you think he's Pro Bowl material. While I respect your opinion, I think it's unfactual at this point in time and it's a very glass-half full perception that I see getting grilled on this board all the time. Why can't we all just go for the whole "serviceable qb" thing first and then relish in it if he turns out even better? I do believe that's the Marino-Syndrome in alot of Fin fans. Been spoiled a long time, so they've constantly got their eyes out for the next..............

Wow can you read? I don't care what borderline QB means to you, I
already explained what it means to me:

Borderline PB means to me that he will be an above average starter that's
not quite at an elite level.

Did you comprehend that? Maybe this will help you:

He might never make all-pro or lead the league in passing, but he will be a quality top 15 starter for us for the next 5-7 years if he is what I think he is.

Now to me, only about 6 QBs are Pro Bowl caliber every year because that's how many get selected. Notice I said top 15, which is not near top 6, so that means I think he can be an above-average (which top 15 is) qb.

Then say solid starter if you mean solid starter. What is so hard about that???? That's what I'm trying to point out. Why does it have to be dressed up with borderline pro bowler??? See what I'm getting at. Maybe this is just me, but when I hear borderline pro bowler mentioned I think the person is one turn away from being in the upper tier of QB's. I know I'm not alone on this issue

Again, I'm not going by your definition or anyone else's definition of the
words "borderline Pro-Bowl", so stop misconstruing my words every time.
Borderline Pro-bowl does not mean he is near the upper tier, that's what borderline All-Pro means.

Dolphinizzle said:
That must be an opinion cause it sure as hell aint a fact!

Feeley is not the answer. You guys can hope and pray for a miracle all you want. Fiedler is gonna make Feeley look foolish, and Fiedler isn't even that great. But he's good enough.

I have a question for all you Fiedler bashers. Lets say... for the sake of argument... Fiedler starts, puts up probowl numbers, and has a great season with his new line and wide outs. Would you be men about it, and eat a big fat helping of crow? Or would you sit here and make excuses for it, and try and wiggle your way out of looking foolish?

I know if Feeley comes in and lights a fire up under my azz, I'll admit I was wrong. But I can't see that happening.
If Fiedler puts up probowl numbers I'll be the first to admit I was wrong... and I'll pay to send a shipment of snowshovels to hell. When that place freezes over, Fiedler MIGHT make the probowl.

Feeley obviously isnt as good as most of us hoped....after all, he is having trouble beating out Jay frikkin Fiedler for the starting job...how good can he be? By the same token, Jay can't seem to solidly establish himself much above a guy that was 3rd string last year so he doesnt have any bragging rights either. It seems to me both our QBs stink. Add to that the fact that Feeley cost us a 2nd rounder and Jay costs us over 4mil against the cap and I would say that value wise- QB is the worst position on the team.

Jay isnt beating out AJ much too much, and considering he is going on a 5 year head start isnt saying to much for Jay. AJ is a fine football player and will come around. DO I want AJ to just waltz in and be a phnom? Sure, but realisticly he not only needs to learn the system, but the players around him, and new mechanics that his new QB coach wants him to utilize, plus new drops etc. There is more than meets the eye, and I'm thinking that the lightbulb in AJs head will begin to illuminate 1/2 way through pre-season.

yankeehillbilly said:
Feeley obviously isnt as good as most of us hoped....after all, he is having trouble beating out Jay frikkin Fiedler for the starting job...how good can he be? By the same token, Jay can't seem to solidly establish himself much above a guy that was 3rd string last year so he doesnt have any bragging rights either. It seems to me both our QBs stink. Add to that the fact that Feeley cost us a 2nd rounder and Jay costs us over 4mil against the cap and I would say that value wise- QB is the worst position on the team.
....wuts ur point. Peyton Manning wouldnt look tto much betetr then Fiedler at this point in the year(no comparisson). Without even pads its very hard to tell whos better.How can u say Feeley stinks!Your a lil worried over nuthing. He hasnt even played a preseason game, or for tht matter even have a playbook!:shakeno: ur gonna eat ur words if he turns out good i hope. There is no basis for saying A.J. Feeley stinks. And i wouldnt say Jay is horrible, just average.

yankeehillbilly said:
If Fiedler puts up probowl numbers I'll be the first to admit I was wrong... and I'll pay to send a shipment of snowshovels to hell. When that place freezes over, Fiedler MIGHT make the probowl.
:rofl4: :nana:

enigmatics said:
It's because of a lot of our fellow Fin fans show about as much class as a monkey in a monkey sh*t fight. It's also a case of poor sportsmanship ........these guys take the Dolphins SB-less years and turn it into a personal shot against them..........they do, they literally take it personally.

Reading that, it almost seems like we've been out of the superbowl for 30+ years for a reason. And you are absolutely right.

Finsflurry said:
Wow can you read? I don't care what borderline QB means to you, I
already explained what it means to me:

Borderline PB means to me that he will be an above average starter that's
not quite at an elite level.

Did you comprehend that? Maybe this will help you:

He might never make all-pro or lead the league in passing, but he will be a quality top 15 starter for us for the next 5-7 years if he is what I think he is.

Now to me, only about 6 QBs are Pro Bowl caliber every year because that's how many get selected. Notice I said top 15, which is not near top 6, so that means I think he can be an above-average (which top 15 is) qb.

Then say solid starter if you mean solid starter. What is so hard about that???? That's what I'm trying to point out. Why does it have to be dressed up with borderline pro bowler??? See what I'm getting at. Maybe this is just me, but when I hear borderline pro bowler mentioned I think the person is one turn away from being in the upper tier of QB's. I know I'm not alone on this issue

Again, I'm not going by your definition or anyone else's definition of the
words "borderline Pro-Bowl", so stop misconstruing my words every time.
Borderline Pro-bowl does not mean he is near the upper tier, that's what borderline All-Pro means.

Lol..........you crack me up. You obviously haven't read up on the definition of borderline (I even went out of my way to post it for you). Borderline means you have the attributes of a bunch of different categories. By saying borderline you are saying to the rest of us you believe Feeley has some Pro Bowler qualities. It's funny how you've crept a little bit away from your borderline Pro Bowl talk over the course of all these Feeley or Fiedler threads by now saying "Top 15." How can a Top 15 QB be a borderline Pro Bowler anyway??? A quarterback at that spot is right smack in the middle of all QB's. That's an average QB, not a QB with Pro Bowl attributes.

You used the word man. You obviously can't defend it because it's a ridiculous statement in the first place. What, you scouted 5 games of the Eagles on videotape and went to minicamp (where the champions are made lemme tell you). Using the words AJ Feeley and Pro Bowler in the same sentence (even borderline Pro Bowler) at this stage in the game is borderline insane man.

hey guys what do you say we use advanced medical technology and combine feeley and jays strengths into one super human qb that every dolpfan would love :D

catapano said:
hey guys what do you say we use advanced medical technology and combine feeley and jays strengths into one super human qb that every dolpfan would love :D
WE could have A.J.'s long ball and power, Jay's short game and mobility....and of course Fiedlers comical ears:roflmao: !Where would MIAMI b without em:D ?

enigmatics said:
Get out of here man........ my experience in this board and over at ESPN has shown me a TON of people behind Sage and questioning why he's never gotten a chance at all. Any report you ever hear about he guy is he's got all the physical tools - he just hasn't gotten any reps to hone them. Some Dolphins players early this offseason questioned why he hasn't gotten a chance to compete for the starters spot.
hmmm, well heres my experience. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40005

thts were im gettin this from.

Back
Top Bottom