Are we getting false Feeley reports? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we getting false Feeley reports?

Time will tell the pads will come on and all this will be just wasted time and conjectur.

Dolphinizzle said:
That must be an opinion cause it sure as hell aint a fact!

The argument, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is so patheticly weak. Yet that's the only argument that anyone can seem to come up with.

How many years did Marino have? 16 I believe? Marino had 4x the amount of chances Fiedler has had to win us a superbowl and he didn't? Just like Dan Marino, Jay Fiedler did not have a complete team surrounding him, until now.
Dan's team lacked a decent defensive unit. And until now, Jay Fiedler has had nothing... NOTHING.. to work with on offense. So that argument of, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is irrelevant.

We've been out of the Superbowl long before Fiedler's time. And it's hardly fair to blame Fiedler for our abysmal offensive unit since he was named the starter. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I want to see what he can do with a decent supporting cast, that he now has.

Feeley is not the answer. You guys can hope and pray for a miracle all you want. Fiedler is gonna make Feeley look foolish, and Fiedler isn't even that great. But he's good enough.

I have a question for all you Fiedler bashers. Lets say... for the sake of argument... Fiedler starts, puts up probowl numbers, and has a great season with his new line and wide outs. Would you be men about it, and eat a big fat helping of crow? Or would you sit here and make excuses for it, and try and wiggle your way out of looking foolish?

I know if Feeley comes in and lights a fire up under my azz, I'll admit I was wrong. But I can't see that happening.

That's very true. But I think the "he's had four years" thing aimed more towards "he's had four years to show us whether or not he's accurate, can complete deep throws, etc".

He's a winner. And he's a warrior who can make plays with his feet. But he's just not accurate enough. And with a lack of arm strength, you've got to be accurate to at least make up for it.

Here's to improved QB play (no matter who it is).

Muck said:
That's very true. But I think the "he's had four years" thing aimed more towards "he's had four years to show us whether or not he's accurate, can complete deep throws, etc".

He's a winner. And he's a warrior who can make plays with his feet. But he's just not accurate enough. And with a lack of arm strength, you've got to be accurate to at least make up for it.

I can respect that. But that's not neccessarily my point.

The point is, as far as any of us know, Fiedler is the best qb on our roster. And we should support him for that. I don't see why so many people "hate" Fiedler, I really don't. How can you hate a guy because he isn't gifted? If you people want someone in here who is undoubtably better than Fiedler, you should be calling for Spielman and Wannys head, not Jay's. Fiedler knows he is better than A.J. Fiedler has, and will continue to prove that he is better than A.J. Just like he did when we brought in Griese, and just like he did when Ray Lucas came in.

All I know is, I'm not jumping on the Feeley bandwagon, just because he's a new face, like many of you. It would be great if Feeley was a diamond in the rough. It would be great if he was better than Fiedler. But until he shows me that he is a starting calibur qb, I will support Fiedler. And I don't see how anyone can see anything wrong with that.

I can understand, that most of you want a qb with more talent. But I cant, for the life of me, understand why many of you passionately hate the man.
He wears a dolphin uniform, and wants so very badly to win, and take this team far. Any true dolfan would respect that.

Fiedler is a likable guy, for his heart and will alone. And on top of that, he's not half as bad as many of you make him out to be. He isn't anything special. But he is decent, and with a good supporting cast, I think he can get us to the promise land.

Once again DolFinatic718 and his sidekick Engimatics twist my words
and make it seem like I'm talking for all Dolfans. Let me break it down to you
yet again...

QB: Feeley has gotten continually better each camp, if he can show this much improvement over the next 2 months my friends we will have a borderline Pro Bowl QB on our hands.

Notice I said if he improves we will have a borderline Pro-Bowler...I didn't say he was a freaking HOFer I said borderline PB, and if you have any reason as to why he won't I 'd love to hear it. Borderline PB means to me that he will be an above average starter that's not quite at an elite
level.
He might never make all-pro or lead the league in passing, but he will be a quality top 15 starter for us for the next 5-7 years if he is what I think he is.

Now you notice I said he'll never make All-pro but can be a top 15 qb...so please explain to me what is so unrealistic about that???? He has all the physical tools that Jay never did (good arm, nice deep ball, great touch) to
get to that level and notice I never said when he would get there.

I may be the most optimistic and homeristic of the TC reporters (as Muck
has so kindly pointed out lol) but after that first report I have tried to keep my bias out of the actual reports and save it for my outlooks/predictions, and I think I've done a decent job keeping my biases out. But don't read my reports Dude and Ozzy both say AJ is coming along nicely, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Dolphinizzle said:
That must be an opinion cause it sure as hell aint a fact!

The argument, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is so patheticly weak. Yet that's the only argument that anyone can seem to come up with.

How many years did Marino have? 16 I believe? Marino had 4x the amount of chances Fiedler has had to win us a superbowl and he didn't? Just like Dan Marino, Jay Fiedler did not have a complete team surrounding him, until now.
Dan's team lacked a decent defensive unit. And until now, Jay Fiedler has had nothing... NOTHING.. to work with on offense. So that argument of, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is irrelevant.

We've been out of the Superbowl long before Fiedler's time. And it's hardly fair to blame Fiedler for our abysmal offensive unit since he was named the starter. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I want to see what he can do with a decent supporting cast, that he now has.

Feeley is not the answer. You guys can hope and pray for a miracle all you want. Fiedler is gonna make Feeley look foolish, and Fiedler isn't even that great. But he's good enough.

I have a question for all you Fiedler bashers. Lets say... for the sake of argument... Fiedler starts, puts up probowl numbers, and has a great season with his new line and wide outs. Would you be men about it, and eat a big fat helping of crow? Or would you sit here and make excuses for it, and try and wiggle your way out of looking foolish?

I know if Feeley comes in and lights a fire up under my azz, I'll admit I was wrong. But I can't see that happening.
Man where do you start with this post?

A) Its almost laughable to have to defend Marino against the likes of a journeyman like Fiedler, but lets start with Dan got us to three AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES and a superbowl, Jay won one wildcard playoff game.

B) Jay had nothing to work with on offense? At running back he's had 3 1000 yard rushers, Lamar Smith singlehandedly won the lone wildcard game we did win. The last two he's had Ricky Williams, who only led the entire league in rushing in 2002. Marino never had a consistent runningback. Marino did have receivers, Jay has had Chambers and McMichael. Maarino got us to a Superbowl with the leagues 19th ranked defense out of 28 teams, Jay has had consistently strong defense among the best the league.

In closing, Marino got us in contention with a much worse overall football team. 2002, Jay had the leagues leading rusher, top five defense and he couldn't drive us into the playoffs even. Jay throws as many interceptions as he does touchdowns and that is inconsistency, his playoff numbers are among the worst of any QB to ever play the game.

AJ Feeley has a much better arm, and is very accurate. Fiedler has had 4 years to show something, and he has shown squat. I am all for giving Feeley the chance.

DolFinatic718 said:
Me Biased I dont think so, I just believe that the better man is Jay. I am no Jay lover, I am a logical thinker and I think that football is like chess and no one piece is more important then the other. A pawn is just as important as the King and all pieces must play their part in order for you to win. There are people on this board who support Jay like I do, some for the same reasons that I do, and what I think we all have in common is that we are logical thinkers. We know Jay is no Dan Marino but we also know that we can win games with him, and maybe even win it all under him.

I have never ever bashed Feeley for any reason because I do want the better man to win, but dont be surprised when the best man is Fiedler thats all I am saying. And if he is the better man he will still be bashed and battered by the fans.

Taking 5 mediocre games, no college resume (or a very small one should I say) and saying he should de-thrown someone just on the basis you dont like him will not get you anywhere. I will engage anyone on this board in a logical educated argument, and alot of people on this board just can't do that because they dont like the guy just because its the popular thing to do right now. Wanting somone to start as our Qb just so Jay doesn't is nonsense. I will support Jay because I believe that with heart, determination, confidence, and will you can achieve anything, and Jay possess all of that. Great physical attributes doesn't mean you will win anything in a team sport, look around, the proof is all around you.
#1 I'm starting to think that in fact...YOU MAY BE Jay Fiedler.:D

#2 I don't want to get into any kind of prolonged argument with you cause I've seen most of your posts and quite frankly they're pretty much all about Jay being a good QB, while dismissing all his faults. You want to engage in logical educated arguments with blinders on. I'm not a Jay basher like you logically assume everyone is that doesn't agree with you, but I recognize what he isn't. In fact, I actually think if Jay starts this year it will be his best year with the Dolphins barring any injuries. If you were soooo logical as you say, then you would at least recognize that he has failed at some very crucial points with the Dolphins, which you don't. I agree that the guy has all the intangible things like heart, determination, etc. BUT you can't ignore the fact that he has faded out when we have needed him to come through.(I'm not gonna get into specific dates and situations cause I'm sure you've seen the games like most every1 on this board).The difference between me and you is that I believe AJ does have a legitimate chance to de-thrown him by straight up beating him out, because even though Jay brings all those thing you listed to the table there is always room for improvement. Why couldn't AJ beat him? Because he was a third stringer in Philly? Because he has a short College resume?:hmmm:

Players in this league have jumped much higher hurdles to get to where they are today.

BlueFin said:
Man where do you start with this post?

A) Its almost laughable to have to defend Marino against the likes of a journeyman like Fiedler, but lets start with Dan got us to three AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES and a superbowl, Jay won one wildcard playoff game.

B) Jay had nothing to work with on offense? At running back he's had 3 1000 yard rushers, Lamar Smith singlehandedly won the lone wildcard game we did win. The last two he's had Ricky Williams, who only led the entire league in rushing in 2002. Marino never had a consistent runningback. Marino did have receivers, Jay has had Chambers and McMichael. Maarino got us to a Superbowl with the leagues 19th ranked defense out of 28 teams, Jay has had consistently strong defense among the best the league.

In closing, Marino got us in contention with a much worse overall football team. 2002, Jay had the leagues leading rusher, top five defense and he couldn't drive us into the playoffs even. Jay throws as many interceptions as he does touchdowns and that is inconsistency, his playoff numbers are among the worst of any QB to ever play the game.

WOW! Reading comprehension skills man. Learn em, use em, love em. In no way was I comparing Fiedler's and Marino's skills. I was simply proving a point by pointing out that the greatest passer of all time, Dan Marino, couldn't get it done in 16 years. So why the hell is Fiedler getting slammed, for not taking us to the big game in 4 years?

A) You don't have to, nor was I asking you to. Marino is 100x better than Jay, that is a no brainer.

B) It doesn't matter what kind of receivers you have when your line sucks so bad, you can't even stand in the pocket for 1.5 seconds before it collapses on you. And that same crap line destroys any running game we have. Even the great Marino would get mugged behind the line we had last year.The line is the most importent part of the offense, followed by the QB. The reason we missed the playoffs in 02 is because of Ray Lucas, not Fiedler. If you can recall, Fiedler was having a great season before he got injurned in the Denver game, where he heroicly lead the game winning drive with a broken thumb.

Ok, so before you come back with some more weak arguments, and try and twist my words, only so you can feel secure with your Fiedler hatred, do me a favor and answer my question.

Nobody can seem to answer the question.

Why the hatred towards Fiedler. Ok, you want another QB in here, fine. But why the hatred for a man who wants nothing more than to take this team far.

One more...

Why would you support a guy who you know little about? All because you're sick of Fiedler? Well a true dolfan would want the best QB on our roster to start. So apparently you are not that, because as far a TC reports go, Fiedler is out-playing Feeley, and is looking better than he ever has. Maybe that is a coincidence or maybe its because his supporting cast made him a whole lot better.

Chew on that for awhile, then get back to me. But please if you are gonna continue to argue my posts, at least respond to the questions.

Muck said:

So you're telling me that the majority of this anti-Fiedler talk isn't about him not being able to get us to the SB???? Interesting..........I don't know what I've been reading this entire time.

Dolphinizzle said:
I can understand, that most of you want a qb with more talent. But I cant, for the life of me, understand why many of you passionately hate the man.
He wears a dolphin uniform, and wants so very badly to win, and take this team far. Any true dolfan would respect that.

Fiedler is a likable guy, for his heart and will alone. And on top of that, he's not half as bad as many of you make him out to be. He isn't anything special. But he is decent, and with a good supporting cast, I think he can get us to the promise land.

It's because of a lot of our fellow Fin fans show about as much class as a monkey in a monkey sh*t fight. It's also a case of poor sportsmanship ........these guys take the Dolphins SB-less years and turn it into a personal shot against them..........they do, they literally take it personally.

Finsflurry said:
Once again DolFinatic718 and his sidekick Engimatics twist my words
and make it seem like I'm talking for all Dolfans. Let me break it down to you
yet again...

QB: Feeley has gotten continually better each camp, if he can show this much improvement over the next 2 months my friends we will have a borderline Pro Bowl QB on our hands.

Notice I said if he improves we will have a borderline Pro-Bowler...I didn't say he was a freaking HOFer I said borderline PB, and if you have any reason as to why he won't I 'd love to hear it. Borderline PB means to me that he will be an above average starter that's not quite at an elite
level.
He might never make all-pro or lead the league in passing, but he will be a quality top 15 starter for us for the next 5-7 years if he is what I think he is.

Now you notice I said he'll never make All-pro but can be a top 15 qb...so please explain to me what is so unrealistic about that???? He has all the physical tools that Jay never did (good arm, nice deep ball, great touch) to
get to that level and notice I never said when he would get there.

I may be the most optimistic and homeristic of the TC reporters (as Muck
has so kindly pointed out lol) but after that first report I have tried to keep my bias out of the actual reports and save it for my outlooks/predictions, and I think I've done a decent job keeping my biases out. But don't read my reports Dude and Ozzy both say AJ is coming along nicely, and I agree wholeheartedly.

LOL ...........why even include the words "Pro Bowler" in their in the first place??????? C'mon man, we're not stupid. You could've used all kinds of other ways to describe the play you thought capable of this man, but saying "border-line Pro Bowler" is still taking it over the top. You're hinting at something, but don't have the balls to actually admit you think he's Pro Bowl material. While I respect your opinion, I think it's unfactual at this point in time and it's a very glass-half full perception that I see getting grilled on this board all the time. Why can't we all just go for the whole "serviceable qb" thing first and then relish in it if he turns out even better? I do believe that's the Marino-Syndrome in alot of Fin fans. Been spoiled a long time, so they've constantly got their eyes out for the next..............

SYLLABICATION: bor·der·line
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: bôrdr-ln
NOUN: 1. A line that establishes or marks a border.
2. An indefinite area intermediate between two qualities or conditions: The borderline between love and hate is often thin.
ADJECTIVE: 1a. Verging on a given quality or condition: borderline poverty. b. Of a questionable nature or quality: an applicant with borderline qualifications.
2a. Psychology Relating to any phenomenon that is intermediate between two groups and not clearly categorized in either group: a borderline state showing the characteristics of both neurotic and psychotic reactions. b. Relating to a condition characterized by a pattern of instability in mood, interpersonal relations, and self-image, and manifested by self-destructive, impulsive, and inconsistent behavior: the borderline syndrome.

............even this definition is telling me that yout think he's got PB material, but shows that you stop short of fully saying it.

enigmatics said:
LOL ...........why even include the words "Pro Bowler" in their in the first place??????? C'mon man, we're not stupid. You could've used all kinds of other ways to describe the play you thought capable of this man, but saying "border-line Pro Bowler" is still taking it over the top. You're hinting at something, but don't have the balls to actually admit you think he's Pro Bowl material. While I respect your opinion, I think it's unfactual at this point in time and it's a very glass-half full perception that I see getting grilled on this board all the time. Why can't we all just go for the whole "serviceable qb" thing first and then relish in it if he turns out even better? I do believe that's the Marino-Syndrome in alot of Fin fans. Been spoiled a long time, so they've constantly got their eyes out for the next..............

SYLLABICATION: bor·der·line
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: bôrdr-ln
NOUN: 1. A line that establishes or marks a border.
2. An indefinite area intermediate between two qualities or conditions: The borderline between love and hate is often thin.
ADJECTIVE: 1a. Verging on a given quality or condition: borderline poverty. b. Of a questionable nature or quality: an applicant with borderline qualifications.
2a. Psychology Relating to any phenomenon that is intermediate between two groups and not clearly categorized in either group: a borderline state showing the characteristics of both neurotic and psychotic reactions. b. Relating to a condition characterized by a pattern of instability in mood, interpersonal relations, and self-image, and manifested by self-destructive, impulsive, and inconsistent behavior: the borderline syndrome.

............even this definition is telling me that yout think he's got PB material, but shows that you stop short of fully saying it.

You are totally making a big deal out of nothing. I take borderline probowler as a solid starter that if a lot of things go right one year might make the probowl. That doesn't mean the guy believes he will be an all-star every year.

Back
Top Bottom