Are we getting false Feeley reports? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we getting false Feeley reports?

enigmatics said:
Most Dolphins fans have nothing but good things to say about Sage..........does that make him a potential pro-bowler??????
:confused: I dont kno many fans who have nothing but good to say bout him. All i hear is his lack of knowledge is why hes r 3rd stringer.

DolFinatic718 said:
A pawn is just as important as the King and all pieces must play their part in order for you to win.

Taking 5 mediocre games, no college resume (or a very small one should I say) and saying he should de-thrown someone just on the basis you dont like him will not get you anywhere. I will engage anyone on this board in a logical educated argument, and alot of people on this board just can't do that because they dont like the guy just because its the popular thing to do right now. Wanting somone to start as our Qb just so Jay doesn't is nonsense. I will support Jay because I believe that with heart, determination, confidence, and will you can achieve anything, and Jay possess all of that. Great physical attributes doesn't mean you will win anything in a team sport, look around, the proof is all around you.
A) Im no chess wizz, but id say tht the King is more imprtant then the pawn...:goof:
B)No one is saying Feeley should start JUST because of what he did in NCAA?Philly, but also cuz wut he does in TC/Preseason. I for one am not sure who should start just yet. But just as a gut feeling id pick Feeley. I just cant see Fiedler leading this team to a SB after wut ive seen the last 2 years(his meltdowns etc.). If Feeley can however is yet to b seen.

DolFinatic718 said:
Brady, Warner, Delhome, Dilfer, all backups on their OWN TEAMS. They didn't go to another team and take that team to a superbowl. Why do people keep comparing Feeley to these Qb's? Thats like negotiating a contract for Ogun comparing the salaries of FA when he is a RFA.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
Wrong, Delhomme did take his new team in his first year to the super bowl.

finzfan4life said:
Wrong, Delhomme did take his new team in his first year to the super bowl.

He was saying that those qb's were backups on their teams, not transports from another team who went to a new team and started.

FinFan24 said:
:confused: I dont kno many fans who have nothing but good to say bout him. All i hear is his lack of knowledge is why hes r 3rd stringer.

Get out of here man........ my experience in this board and over at ESPN has shown me a TON of people behind Sage and questioning why he's never gotten a chance at all. Any report you ever hear about he guy is he's got all the physical tools - he just hasn't gotten any reps to hone them. Some Dolphins players early this offseason questioned why he hasn't gotten a chance to compete for the starters spot.

MDFINFAN said:
He was saying that those qb's were backups on their teams, not transports from another team who went to a new team and started.

But Delhomme was signed to start. He just started the season on the bench behind Peete (Delhomme first-time starter, Peete had experience in the offseason).

DolFinatic718 said:
It should show one smiley stalking another because dude you are on my D_ _ K!

Congratulations on coming out of the closet Dolfinatic!
I can't help you there but dream all you like!

Muck said:
And the "people in charge of making decisions" never feed reporters bull****?? :rofl: Oh, and they're never biased either. Jerry Greene just LOVES the Phins. So does Greg Stoda. :lol:

You're right. Eyewitness reports should always take a backseat to second and thirdhand information. Especially when the latter comes from someone who gets paid. Would our camp reporters become more credible to you if we paid them??

Dude, people are always busting on these national guys for getting their stories wrong. How about Mort's "Spurrier to Miami" piece. That thing won a Pulitzer.

They aren't infallible.

Finally, I think you should start reading Dude's and Ozzy's camp reports, because it doesn't seem like you have. Even Finsflurry would note that he's a little homeristic. But those two guys have history. And I have met them personally at these camps. Their reports speak for themselves.

Then the same goes for Fiedler I suppose.

great post muck I agree with every word.

DolFinatic718 said:
I didnt say they did speak to anybody I just said that they can. They can call up anybody on the Miami front office and get answers to questions we can't. Any one of you can go to all the camps you want to and not get the answers they can get in 5 min. from talking to someone with authority. Thats my point.
They CAN call anybody in the Front Office and ask a question and the Front Office will give them bullsh*t answers, probably all lies. The people that post here and go to each and every camp see with their own eyes what goes on during these camps. Yea some of 'em may be a little biased but you still get an idea from some completely OBJECTIVE NON MEDIA sources about who's performing well and who isn't.

Me Biased I dont think so, I just believe that the better man is Jay. I am no Jay lover, I am a logical thinker and I think that football is like chess and no one piece is more important then the other. A pawn is just as important as the King and all pieces must play their part in order for you to win. There are people on this board who support Jay like I do, some for the same reasons that I do, and what I think we all have in common is that we are logical thinkers. We know Jay is no Dan Marino but we also know that we can win games with him, and maybe even win it all under him.
He has had FOUR (4) YEARS to try and lead us to victory with his duck arm, his floating wobbly passes aimed at defenders, and his gritty all-out toughness.

The toughness is great but it will neva, eva, eva, eva eva eva... make up for his shi**y arm.

I have never ever bashed Feeley for any reason because I do want the better man to win, but dont be surprised when the best man is Fiedler thats all I am saying. And if he is the better man he will still be bashed and battered by the fans.
You have no reason to bash Feeley anyway so whats your point.

All I am saying is that barring injury Feeley will start game 1 of the season and you can bet the bank on it. Feeley will be the better man.

Taking 5 mediocre games, no college resume (or a very small one should I say) and saying he should de-thrown someone just on the basis you dont like him will not get you anywhere. I will engage anyone on this board in a logical educated argument, and alot of people on this board just can't do that because they dont like the guy just because its the popular thing to do right now. Wanting somone to start as our Qb just so Jay doesn't is nonsense. I will support Jay because I believe that with heart, determination, confidence, and will you can achieve anything, and Jay possess all of that. Great physical attributes doesn't mean you will win anything in a team sport, look around, the proof is all around you.

Call the games mediocre but Feeley gave the Eagles more of a chance to win, by himself (stats completely aside), in those five games than Fiedler has ever done in any of the games combined in his career.

I love your commitment to heart, confidence and all that, but I am sorry, Physical Attributes mean damn near everything in a Physical team sport.

Trekbiz said:
Don't use facts and well thought out arguments with Dolfinatic it only confuses him. :goof:

Obviously you can figure that out on your own based on his post referencing Warner and Delhome as not good examples of what Feeley MAY be able to do with this team.

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey we need a new smiley on this board and it should be called Trekbiz.

It should show one smiley stalking another because dude you are on my D_ _ K!

Ok CW, I see what you are saying when you said "Nobody smacks fin fans quite like other fin fans." :lol:

Seriously though, you guys really need to stop acting so childish. :rolleyes:

FiN.in.RI said:
They CAN call anybody in the Front Office and ask a question and the Front Office will give them bullsh*t answers, probably all lies. The people that post here and go to each and every camp see with their own eyes what goes on during these camps. Yea some of 'em may be a little biased but you still get an idea from some completely OBJECTIVE NON MEDIA sources about who's performing well and who isn't.
That looks like a contradiction to me. How can you be biased and objective at the same time? Secondly how many media sources do you know have second agenda's? They report the news as it is, that is their jobs. Fans on the other hand have favoritism. Why would front office lie about a player? If a credible media source calls and wants to know about a player the FO has no reason to lie. In every camp report, even the ones posted by Feeley lovers, Jay still outshined him. More importantly, the eyes that witness these camps are not eyes of my own so I dont know how objective anything is because I didnt see it for myself. Simply put people want to hear that Feeley is improving, good for him, but Fiedler is still better as we speak.

He has had FOUR (4) YEARS to try and lead us to victory with his duck arm, his floating wobbly passes aimed at defenders, and his gritty all-out toughness
. With his horrible recievers, bad play calling, horrible O line, and So So running game (except in 02)

All I am saying is that barring injury Feeley will start game 1 of the season and you can bet the bank on it.
I said this already, put your pennies away.

Call the games mediocre but Feeley gave the Eagles more of a chance to win, by himself (stats completely aside), in those five games than Fiedler has ever done in any of the games combined in his career.
You sound like the Iraqi Prime minister of defense right now. In his 5 starts he threw 5 tds and 5 int's, he never threw for over 300 yards, so how did he do anything himself? Give me a break dude. Fiedler has many games that he was one of the main pieces if not the main reason for us winning games, and his list of game balls backs that up. Stop hating man, its so obvious that you just hate the guy. How can you say stats completely aside? You mean he helped them win games with his presence alone? Now thats hard to do. I mean come on give credit where credit is due. Until I see something out of Feely that I Have never seen Fiedler do I am not sold. Thats like saying you and your wife are having problems in your 4 yrs married and some hood rat comes along and shows you something you like for 5 min. and your ready to call a divorce.

I love your commitment to heart, confidence and all that, but I am sorry, Physical Attributes mean damn near everything in a Physical team sport
Tracy Mcgrady
Steve Francis
Chad Pennington
Dan Marino
Barry Sanders
Ladamian Thompson
Just to name of few Athletes who play in a physical sport and have tremendous physical talent but who's teams just can't and havent' gone anywhere. Phyical talent is not everything, one day you may learn that.

Ponder this last note. Have we ever had Chambers and Boston on this team together? How about this O line that should be better then last year? First time we've had them too right? We still have dependable Ricky right? So on what past history can you say JF wont do better then AJ? Nobody on this board can say that, no one. Sure his numbers were bad in the past or mediocre, but wasn't this offense mediocre period and all the players surrounding him? So what makes you think that with better talent around him Jay wont do better? Only the hate in your blood will fuel you to answer "Just because" and thats just because thats all you can say. When the pre-season starts We'll see, I rest my case for now, new topic! :cooldude:

FiN.in.RI said:
Call the games mediocre but Feeley gave the Eagles more of a chance to win, by himself (stats completely aside), in those five games than Fiedler has ever done in any of the games combined in his career

That must be an opinion cause it sure as hell aint a fact!

The argument, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is so patheticly weak. Yet that's the only argument that anyone can seem to come up with.

How many years did Marino have? 16 I believe? Marino had 4x the amount of chances Fiedler has had to win us a superbowl and he didn't? Just like Dan Marino, Jay Fiedler did not have a complete team surrounding him, until now.
Dan's team lacked a decent defensive unit. And until now, Jay Fiedler has had nothing... NOTHING.. to work with on offense. So that argument of, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is irrelevant.

We've been out of the Superbowl long before Fiedler's time. And it's hardly fair to blame Fiedler for our abysmal offensive unit since he was named the starter. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I want to see what he can do with a decent supporting cast, that he now has.

Feeley is not the answer. You guys can hope and pray for a miracle all you want. Fiedler is gonna make Feeley look foolish, and Fiedler isn't even that great. But he's good enough.

I have a question for all you Fiedler bashers. Lets say... for the sake of argument... Fiedler starts, puts up probowl numbers, and has a great season with his new line and wide outs. Would you be men about it, and eat a big fat helping of crow? Or would you sit here and make excuses for it, and try and wiggle your way out of looking foolish?

I know if Feeley comes in and lights a fire up under my azz, I'll admit I was wrong. But I can't see that happening.

Dolphinizzle said:
That must be an opinion cause it sure as hell aint a fact!

The argument, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is so patheticly weak. Yet that's the only argument that anyone can seem to come up with.

How many years did Marino have? 16 I believe? Marino had 4x the amount of chances Fiedler has had to win us a superbowl and he didn't? Just like Dan Marino, Jay Fiedler did not have a complete team surrounding him, until now.
Dan's team lacked a decent defensive unit. And until now, Jay Fiedler has had nothing... NOTHING.. to work with on offense. So that argument of, "He's had 4 years, he had his chance." is irrelevant.

We've been out of the Superbowl long before Fiedler's time. And it's hardly fair to blame Fiedler for our abysmal offensive unit since he was named the starter. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I want to see what he can do with a decent supporting cast, that he now has.

Feeley is not the answer. You guys can hope and pray for a miracle all you want. Fiedler is gonna make Feeley look foolish, and Fiedler isn't even that great. But he's good enough.

I have a question for all you Fiedler bashers. Lets say... for the sake of argument... Fiedler starts, puts up probowl numbers, and has a great season with his new line and wide outs. Would you be men about it, and eat a big fat helping of crow? Or would you sit here and make excuses for it, and try and wiggle your way out of looking foolish?

I know if Feeley comes in and lights a fire up under my azz, I'll admit I was wrong. But I can't see that happening.

Amen..........amen.........and f*ckin' amen..........seriously. The words you just spoke say volumes about the ironies and hypocrysies of the arguments presented by Fiedler haters on this board. They think 4 years is just too much........yet we watched the legend Marino (my idol) play 16 years without a title. It just shows you where the blame lies with fans, but that's not to say they're justified in where they lay the blame.

But because Fiedler hasn't led us to a Superbowl in 4 years, it makes AJ Feeley an automatic Pro Bowler and the man to ease our fears. What a joke. I want any QB working in our system to succeed, but c'mon let's be honest......take things one step at a time........first I want a serviceable QB, everything after is icing on the cake.

catapano said:
needless to say i have never heard the words probowl and Fiedler in the same sentence.
For you............Jay Fiedler will NEVER be a Pro Bowl Quarterback.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom