Are we going to be Bad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to be Bad?

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Let me say that i watched the Xtra sports thing with drew rosenhasenfefer. the video of Feeley speaks volumes. he looked awful from what little i saw. Boston is supposedly hurt now.....or is he? how many veterans in the NFL are sloughing off right now? i would say alot. Not to make excuses for Boston, but it is still way to early for people to be reacting to media reaction. I will buy the fact that Feeley is looking bad.

The positives i can see are:
1) a new Offensive coordinator who could actually show a thing or two on game day with experience in Indy and Minny's O. I dont think this move was a downgrade. i actually think that collier was not so up to the task at hand.
2) The idea of Mcmicheal becoming a go to guy ( i dont think we did that enough under norv, which baffles me) and Lee getting more PT.
3) defenses wont be able to know who we are the first half of the season.

We are starting from scratch as far as Oline and a legit 2nd WR. I dont buy that the WR spot is in trouble. I think there will be good competition there for sure. This is a complete new offense in the mindset that we will take what a defense gives us. That means ricky wont be #1 all the time. thats a good thing. I still believe Jay Fiedler is a good QB and this change (i hope) in the mindset will mean less mistakes for jay. i can envision that. I will not ever say that Feeley is done at this juncture until the coaches see the obvious. i would say that we will not be any worse than we were. 2 things that arent even talked about would have made us 12-4 last year. the stupid Houston game and Olindo Mare. The potential for mistakes is higher though with alot of rookies and 2nd year guys in key spots. We simply need an offense that is efficient. not one that runs ricky until he bleeds. we need some serious engenuity in the passing game. that means, short stuff to set up long stuff over the course of a game. WE DID NOT GO OVER THE MIDDLE ENOUGH UNDER NORV! i think some little things like that could make us better along with mare earning his money. We have a favorable schedule. We have no excuses. this is it right here for Wanny. I dont see panic. I see a resolve to actually change things so that we utilize every player to there abilities. Wanny has to change cus he has done everything his way and it did not work. The extreme changes in the coaching staff tells me that we will be a different Offensive team. whether that comes to fruition or not will remain to be seen. But We did not lose that Houston game. the refs beat us. Mare lost the Pats game. Jay Fiedler pulled us out of our funk and beat the redskins. there are alot of positives to look at that will forever be denied becuase of hatred of Jay fiedler and Wannstedt. Dont let the extreme makover of hate sway your opinion. Let the facts remain on all sides of the equation.

We are going to be mediocre. Like we ALWAYS are. And like we always will be until Wanny leaves.

Personally, I don't think Norv was the bag of chips we were led to believe (media). I realize the talent situation last year, but still, our play calling was so dumb-downed... it was not only predictable.. it was down right disgraceful.

I kept feeling like someone in the command chain did not have the b@ll$ to call certain plays. At a few points in different games, I didn't CARE if calling a deep pass or trick play would have resulted in a turnover.... I wanted something different called to AT LEAST give the guys on the field a chance to make a play.

Ricky paid the price last year. I hated seeing the media question his ability when the defenses were so stacked... 2 Ricky's couldn't have found holes.

I do agree with most of your thoughts ff54. However, I do think it is time to give a little panic to the team. I think they've become complacent with the mediocrity. We need some feather's ruffled to bring about a higher level of play and success.

Telling the players it's not their fault and blaming 1 or 2 people is not the answer. Everyone needs to be accountable. Game in and game out. Coaches, players and even the CHEERLEADERS, :).

I don't buy Wanny's speeches of "we'll figure out the problem and make the necessary adjustments". For once, I'd like to hear "We are go to do something we never do. Watch and be amazed."

We need more risk taking. JJ used to fake punt and onsides kick just to mix it up. We need more of that. Because, frankly, it's not fun watching the ho-hum offense go 3 and out while the defense makes their typical tired attempt to slow down the inevitable scoring drive.

I'd like to see the other teams on their heels more often. And watch the other coaches sweat it out. I'm tired of watching Wanny pull out his hair every game.

Time for changes. Even with the same personnel... changes can be made. Must adjust ways of thinking and ways of playing. Take a chance... for once.

Mediocre? Hardly. Granted, we're not in the upper echelon, but far from mediocre. Enough with the negativity. Look at it this way. Who put up the biggest numbers for us last year. Ricky, Chambers, and McMichael. Throw in a Fiedler either handing it off or throwing the ball. Under an offense that was predictable, behind a mediocre line. We go 10-6, with a couple heartbreakers that could have gone the other way.

I'm not expecting Feeley or Boston to pan out. What I am expecting is Fiedler to play his *** off so he doesn't get fired, Chambers to have 100 catches, McMichael to get 60-70 catches, and Ricky back to 2002 form. We have an improved line no matter how you look at it. We have improved our secondary which was already good. Former TE coach at OC? Not my first choice, but stop kidding yourself, no matter who the OC is, Wannstedt calls the plays.

With all that being said, we can safely realize that we're at least as good as last year, with an easier schedule. I predict 12-4 right now.

NathanHunt said:
Personally, I don't think Norv was the bag of chips we were led to believe (media). I realize the talent situation last year, but still, our play calling was so dumb-downed... it was not only predictable.. it was down right disgraceful.

I kept feeling like someone in the command chain did not have the b@ll$ to call certain plays. At a few points in different games, I didn't CARE if calling a deep pass or trick play would have resulted in a turnover.... I wanted something different called to AT LEAST give the guys on the field a chance to make a play.

Ricky paid the price last year. I hated seeing the media question his ability when the defenses were so stacked... 2 Ricky's couldn't have found holes.

I do agree with most of your thoughts ff54. However, I do think it is time to give a little panic to the team. I think they've become complacent with the mediocrity. We need some feather's ruffled to bring about a higher level of play and success.

Telling the players it's not their fault and blaming 1 or 2 people is not the answer. Everyone needs to be accountable. Game in and game out. Coaches, players and even the CHEERLEADERS, :).

I don't buy Wanny's speeches of "we'll figure out the problem and make the necessary adjustments". For once, I'd like to hear "We are go to do something we never do. Watch and be amazed."

We need more risk taking. JJ used to fake punt and onsides kick just to mix it up. We need more of that. Because, frankly, it's not fun watching the ho-hum offense go 3 and out while the defense makes their typical tired attempt to slow down the inevitable scoring drive.

I'd like to see the other teams on their heels more often. And watch the other coaches sweat it out. I'm tired of watching Wanny pull out his hair every game.

Time for changes. Even with the same personnel... changes can be made. Must adjust ways of thinking and ways of playing. Take a chance... for once.

well i would agree, except feathers are being ruffled dont you think? i mean. Wanny is saying he doesnt accept what boston is showing. how is that bad? how is that not "ruffling feathers"? I see your point Nathan, but this is May. This is not July. To me, it will come down to the OL and Olindo Mare and making mistakes. Wanny will not control this offense. that is obvious to me now. The extreme changes in the coaches on Offense is a sure sign that Wanny will not have much influence on the O other than "we need to run the ball more" or " we need to run the clock out here" or whatever.

taylorj99 said:
Mediocre? Hardly. Granted, we're not in the upper echelon, but far from mediocre. Enough with the negativity. Look at it this way. Who put up the biggest numbers for us last year. Ricky, Chambers, and McMichael. Throw in a Fiedler either handing it off or throwing the ball. Under an offense that was predictable, behind a mediocre line. We go 10-6, with a couple heartbreakers that could have gone the other way.

I'm not expecting Feeley or Boston to pan out. What I am expecting is Fiedler to play his *** off so he doesn't get fired, Chambers to have 100 catches, McMichael to get 60-70 catches, and Ricky back to 2002 form. We have an improved line no matter how you look at it. We have improved our secondary which was already good. Former TE coach at OC? Not my first choice, but stop kidding yourself, no matter who the OC is, Wannstedt calls the plays.

With all that being said, we can safely realize that we're at least as good as last year, with an easier schedule. I predict 12-4 right now.

If your not expecting feeley or boston to pan out then how can we get better? The Oline is nothing but new names. there is so much we dont know. I think alot of our success will hinge on the Oline since it did last year minus the 2 stinker losses for other reasons. I am not ready to say this Oline is better. no way. no how. the only positive right now is that we have youthful Beef. We wont know anything until the pads go on and they start running the offense the way the coaches want it run. right now, this is crazy talk about anyone being done since the whole situation is still being felt out.

MDFINFAN said:
And the Bills?

hard to tell because we've changed our coaching staff(obviously for the better cause Kildrive is gone). The division is tough though, the only team I can definitely peg as a playoff squad is the Pats

CirclingWagons said:
hard to tell because we've changed our coaching staff(obviously for the better cause Kildrive is gone). The division is tough though, the only team I can definitely peg as a playoff squad is the Pats

Don't tell no one, but you and I agree on this one. What you said about the bills is what people should say on this board about miami..the same situation. whole new staff on O..and new players too. Don't know whats the situation with our O until PS..so I'm hoping now and will wait to see.

MDFINFAN said:
Don't tell no one, but you and I agree on this one. What you said about the bills is what people should say on this board about miami..the same situation. whole new staff on O..and new players too. Don't know whats the situation with our O until PS..so I'm hoping now and will wait to see.
:up:

CirclingWagons said:

Looks like the Bills are putting all of their hopes on the idea that the coaching staff was the biggest problem last year. The offense was putrid. Do you really believe that the OL suffered only from poor coaching? Does Bledsoe have anything left? Are you guys seriously considering Kordell Stewart? :roflmao:

The Bills have the same questions as last year - QB, OL, 2nd WR, TE, and Eric Moulds is another year older and coming off a year when he couldn't get healthy.

Oh, and they still have no pass rush and their secondary will be worse...

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Looks like the Bills are putting all of their hopes on the idea that the coaching staff was the biggest problem last year. The offense was putrid. Do you really believe that the OL suffered only from poor coaching? Does Bledsoe have anything left? Are you guys seriously considering Kordell Stewart? :roflmao:

The Bills have the same questions as last year - QB, OL, 2nd WR, TE, and Eric Moulds is another year older and coming off a year when he couldn't get healthy.

Oh, and they still have no pass rush and their secondary will be worse...
your offensive line will most likely be putrid for the first 8 weeks: inexperience, injuries, none of them have ever played together.
your head coach is incompetent
your Offensive coordinator is a newbie
fiedler and feeley is what you have to choose from at qb
Boston won't listen to anybody(surprise, surprise)
your LB corps is in DEEP trouble: Zach and Junior are another year older, and they both have dropped off in the 2nd half of the season the last few years, and you have 0 depth at LB.

We have added Villarial to the o-line, got one of the best o-line coaches in football, and we have a guy who turned Kordell freaking Stewart into a probowler(Mularkey). Also, in his first year as OC he not only made Kordell a probowler, but had the #1 rushing offense with awful Rb's such as the broken down bus, and zeruoue. We also drafted Lee Evans, who is as fast as they come, and has great hands. Vincent creates more turnovers than Winfield, which is what this D needs.

Don't act like your **** don't stink :goof:

Yea, the fins will suck thus year so I'm taking the year off and not watching them!!

How dare they keep a coach who wins with spotty talent! How dare a former backup QB come down here to challange for the #1 spot and throw some bad passes in his first mini camp with a new team, system and players!! How dare we get a pro bowl WR who can beat just about any corner and have him get a skin split in his first mini camp under new more stringent training conditions!!

We are such a disgrace!! A laughing stock!!

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom