Are we in talks with Logan Ryan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we in talks with Logan Ryan?

We’re not touching him.

This is what would and could eliminate Ryan from consideration: Money.

As in Ryan wants a lot of it. Too much, actually.

When the Dolphins called Ryan’s agents to ask what his asking price is, the answer was borderline over the top. More than $10 million per season.

No thanks.

The Dolphins were right to back away from that price point as other teams have also done. The New York Jets, which desperately need a starting cornerback -- and not a slot but an outside corner -- to be able to field a defense, also are playing this cautiously. They also are interested. But they have not made an official offer because they don’t want to pay that freight.

We’re not touching him.

This is what would and could eliminate Ryan from consideration: Money.

As in Ryan wants a lot of it. Too much, actually.

When the Dolphins called Ryan’s agents to ask what his asking price is, the answer was borderline over the top. More than $10 million per season.

No thanks.

The Dolphins were right to back away from that price point as other teams have also done. The New York Jets, which desperately need a starting cornerback -- and not a slot but an outside corner -- to be able to field a defense, also are playing this cautiously. They also are interested. But they have not made an official offer because they don’t want to pay that freight.
I believe he’s denied that asking price. He’s also still a very good player and that price is not out of whack at today’s salaries. He probably could have signed a while back but held out and now that the music’s stopped, there’s no chair to sit on. Miami is right to be interested if the number is closer to $7 million.

I believe he’s denied that asking price. He’s also still a very good player and that price is not out of whack at today’s salaries. He probably could have signed a while back but held out and now that the music’s stopped, there’s no chair to sit on. Miami is right to be interested if the number is closer to $7 million.
I’d like to see a quote of him denying that, because basically you’re saying “HIS” agent is lying.

I’d like to see a quote of him denying that, because basically you’re saying “HIS” agent is lying.
No, I’m talking about his interview recently. I thought he said he wanted at least what he made last year but was willing to work with the Titans on an alternative but they didn’t seem to want to negotiate.

I don't think he's still a FA if the Eagles landed Byron Jones. Many of us thought he made sense for the Dolphins before that deal, and there were rumors.

Secondary players must be elite athletes - Ferrari’s - this trait makes them the same as the elite offensive weapon like wide receiver or running back - where they difffer is defensive backs win without ever getting touches on the ball -
That means go get as many as you like! The need to get the ball is gone - so now you taking large numbers of elite playsers allows coaching to mix and match like a mad genius - this free up your front 7 to get into a dog fight to get to the qb.
Flores knows the science to this - it’s about spacing and timing and field responsibilities...
Go get Logan Ryan!!!

They’re not the same guy and leveraging is part of negotiating. The teams can walk at any time if they feel pawned.
Absolutely man. Could be beneficial for both sides. Drives up the price for the Jets and the salary for Ryan. Logan Ryan just using Ryan Clark tactics. Only this time we most likely do not want to sign the player.

Back
Top Bottom