Are we in talks with Logan Ryan? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we in talks with Logan Ryan?

Logan Ryan DB, Unsigned Free Agent

The Miami Herald reports free agent CB Logan Ryan wanted more than $10 million per season from the Dolphins.

It's unclear if the Dolphins maintain interest, but it is looking pretty certain that no one is interested in the 29-year-old at that price point. Ryan seems to be getting closer to a deal with the Jets but insisted on Thursday that he was "open for business." Ryan made big plays from the slot for the Titans last season but struggled on the whole. Brian Poole mans the middle of the field for Gang Green.

Related:

Source: Miami Herald

May 14, 2020, 9:15 PM

That's a lot of cheddar for a nickel...

If you can turn Howard into a first round pick and sign Ryan to an 8-9 mil/year would you do it? I think I would.

I'm not sure Flores is a huge Howard fan, just an opinion there though.
Interesting question...but I think the team would favour having two great outside defenders. I'm not sure Ryan is that.

Howard and Jones is a hell of a lot more appealing than Jones and Ryan...

Logan Ryan DB, Unsigned Free Agent

The Miami Herald reports free agent CB Logan Ryan wanted more than $10 million per season from the Dolphins.

It's unclear if the Dolphins maintain interest, but it is looking pretty certain that no one is interested in the 29-year-old at that price point. Ryan seems to be getting closer to a deal with the Jets but insisted on Thursday that he was "open for business." Ryan made big plays from the slot for the Titans last season but struggled on the whole. Brian Poole mans the middle of the field for Gang Green.

Related:

Source: Miami Herald

May 14, 2020, 9:15 PM
No thanks

Ryan told Miami he want 10m or more to sign. He knows who's got money. Now only if he'd lower his price, then hella ya.

Me thinks the NY/NJ metro area might not be so appealing right now.

I’m guessing Jets would have to overpay to land him.

I’d MUCH rather spend the near future in So FL than NY.

I’d want to do a 1 or 2 year deal only with him.

Doesn't make a lot sense to bring in Logan Ryan in unless they want to give Noah Igbinoghene time to adjust to the slot in the NFL, we have McCain and Needham who both could fill that role. Could be a price check or a screw your division rival who knows.

If the plan is to let a player grow into the role would rather give that time to Austin Jackson at left tackle, to protect the QB who ever that is.

We drafted quite a few players who are going to have to grow into there roles LT Jackson, CB Igbinoghene, S Brandon Jones to name a few, were going to have to take some lumps while it's happening no doubt, what happens when you draft for potential, it should pay off in the long run.

If he was a outside CB you would think it was to protect Xavien Howard while he recovered from his knee injury.

Back
Top Bottom